Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    EFLAGGSEFLAGGS Posts: 19
    Trying out the Padilla Obsidian!! I hear its legit.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Obsidian is indeed a legitimate cigar...it's not a cigarette masquerading.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Certainly isn't a burro wrapped in tobacco, either. I do believe this might become a thread about what a Padilla "isn't."
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I had a Nub Maduro today. I messed up on the cut, so I wasn't getting a very good draw. I got the chocolate taste, but I was expecting the flavor to be stronger for some reason. I'm going to try one again, and compare it to the one I just had. I'm not sure if it was me or the cigar.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    betasynn:
    Certainly isn't a burro wrapped in tobacco, either. I do believe this might become a thread about what a Padilla "isn't."
    I'm actually running low on Obsidians, really like that cigar, but at least for me, the draw is a bit finicky.
  • Options
    I liked the flavor, but I've never had a worse burn on a cigar.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    That's exactly my opinion about the Obsidian. I capped my day off with an Illusione cg:4. I've been craving one, and it delivered. I think the next Illusione I'm gonna try is the 88.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I set a new record last night for windiest smoke ever. After raining all afternoon the sky cleared and I quickly checked the little idiot weather icon which said "fair." Lit a La Gloria Cubana churchill and within five minutes it started BLOWING. Called NOAA and got the report: 15-25 knots with gusts of 40! The churchill lasted all of about 45 minutes.

Tonight I had a windless and totally enjoyable Oliva V, one of my favorites.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a RP Signature, haven't had one in a while. This one was just as good (if not better) than all the others I have had.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    I've had a couple with worse burns, but not many...certainly not any with a better flavor that were worth the horrid burn.

Today was an Ashton Heritage belicoso in the afternoon, the cap split on the cut and the wrapper kept trying to come off, dealt with that until about halfway when the wrapper finally did what it wanted to do. Tonight was a Pepin Garcia My Father belicoso, very tasty smoke in that one...thank you Tumbler for that cigar.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I think the next Illusione I'm gonna try is the 88.
    There you go! Thats my second favorite illusione behind the HL, the cg:4 is a close 3rd.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    I think the next Illusione I'm gonna try is the 88.
    There you go! Thats my second favorite illusione behind the HL, the cg:4 is a close 3rd.
    I would've gotten the 88 today, but it was a tad more than the cg:4. I went with the cg because I've had it before, so I knew it would be good. I'll probably get a good stock of them the next time I get paid.
  • Options
    The cg4 would be my favorite if it wasn't for its inconsistency. I think one out of every three I've smoked has had issues.
  • Options
    Really? Actually, between me and my buddy we've bought three. My two were good, his was bad. Odd.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    a nub habano tonight.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a Nub Conn last night and a RP 1992 Corona this morning w Coffee! Yum on both accounts!
    The Nub Conn had a serious plug at the head. I had to cut it down a couple times.
    Then another plug about 1/2 way through.
    This is the 3rd NUB out of this box that I have had problems with. I guess I should stay away from the smaller ring sized Nubs.
    The RP burned perfectly with tons of creamy tasty smoke!
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesrerday was a Nestor Connecticut for breakfast. Like this smoke a lot and it's a great deal. Last night was an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 97 - as always a great smoke.
  • Options
    I smoked two cigars last night; first a nub Habano, which wowed me like always, it's so good! I cannot get enough of this one, I may well buy a box of it. Oh, and then I allowed myself to try the Man o War torpedo, which was very good.
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    Sounds like i'm going to have to try the nub. Until then it will be a RP Edge. Never had one so i'm excited.
  • Options
    matt08vtmatt08vt Posts: 12
    Interview today, after a Thursday lay off last week... this might be a good night for Olde World Reserve.
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    Hope the interview went well. Sorry to hear about the layoff. I just got a 20% pay cut myself.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had myself a locally made cigar yesterday. My parents went to a wedding and there was a guy rolling there from Perth Amboy. I have the card but highly doubt I would ever visit his shop. maybe I would. Who knows. They got me three. Two robustos and one torpedo. One of them was not finished at the end it was kinda of rolled in and not cut. I smoked that one yesterday. It was ok. Not terrible but they draw was too loose. I used a punch so my guess is that it wasn't filled enough. Two more to go. We'll see how they are.
  • Options
    I couldn't ignore my sticks yelling at me, so I decided to put some more coffee on, and light up a La Flor Dominicana Ligero. This is the first one I've ever had, and I'm really liking it so far. It starts out a little spicy, and has a nice toasty element. So far, so good. If it stays consistent, I'll be picking a few more up.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I couldn't ignore my sticks yelling at me, so I decided to put some more coffee on, and light up a La Flor Dominicana Ligero. This is the first one I've ever had, and I'm really liking it so far. It starts out a little spicy, and has a nice toasty element. So far, so good. If it stays consistent, I'll be picking a few more up.
    I love the La Flor Dominica line! The Double Ligero is always an amazing smoke!

Last night I started out with a La Aurora Maduro and it was a good smoke! Nothing unbelievably great, but a good smoke with good flavor. Next was a Gurkha Park Ave. that is a good mild smoke with quite a bit of flavor. Ending the night with a Nording Torpedo which was awesome as always. My friend Nick bought a box of these and hooked me up with a few. GREAT SMOKES!!
  • Options
    I've had some burn issues with it, but still, it's worth smoking again. I can't say that I'll have an issue with another one. I'd really like to try one of those Nordings. I need to get my hands on one.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I've had some burn issues with it, but still, it's worth smoking again. I can't say that I'll have an issue with another one. I'd really like to try one of those Nordings. I need to get my hands on one.
    Good luck, they are becoming quite scarce. Damn good smokes though. I'm an RP fan and thats my favorite.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    Good luck, they are becoming quite scarce. Damn good smokes though. I'm an RP fan and thats my favorite.
    im not a RP fan and i still like the nording the best. i hope to see more of them in the future, but i dont knwo if i will.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    im not a RP fan and i still like the nording the best. i hope to see more of them in the future, but i dont knwo if i will.
    Did you ever smoke the Nicarao? That used to be my second favorite bu I believe the Summer 2008 has jumped ahead of it. Actually the RP Seasonal line in general has been damn good.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Matt Marvel:
    betasynn:
    That's exactly my opinion about the Obsidian. I capped my day off with an Illusione cg:4. I've been craving one, and it delivered. I think the next Illusione I'm gonna try is the 88.

my sentiments
  • Options
    Yesterday I had a Camacho Triple Maduro 4.5/50, best smoke I have ever had!!!! Smoked like a dream, very relaxing, copius amounts of flavors and aromas and a rich creamy smooth smoke. Hands down my number one smoke z-best. I think in honors of this new honor Ill have another tonight.