Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Monte Media Noche-Robusto: My review= dam phucken deee-licioussssss
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Had a edge maduro delicious. I will definitely be stocking up on these and perhaps maybe the seconds.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    From what I have heard smokester, your getting the same cigar for a whole lot less if you go with the seconds and don't mind them being unbanded. Especially the Edge Maduro, it's one of my go to full bodied cigars.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Gurkha micro-batch c-10. Great smoke. Perfect draw, a little harsh at first but it evened out and opened up after about half an inch. Got to a five inch ash before I tapped it off. Smoked it until it burnt my fingers and the taste was consistent throughout. Highly recommend it.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished one of my favorite cigars, a Vigilante Maduro. Damn I love these. I also had an Ancient Warrior I bought down at the B&M. A friend and I went down there and picked up a couple of sticks and went down to Ala Moana beach park and smoked them. They had a big show going on for memorial day, but we were far enough back under some habiscus and palm trees to be out of the crowd. The Ancient Warrior actually suprised me, I enjoyed it a great deal.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday started out w a Fuente Don Carlos. Next up was a Sosa Wavell. Later was a CAO Italia and a I finished up with a Tatajue VI
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    So maddy, how do you like the Liga Privada? I really liked my first one, but I've been consistently less impressed with each subsequent experience.
    Believe it or not I did not smoke it. It made its way back into my humidor. Maybe tomorrow night. I need to smoke one.

I had a Padilla Miami Robusto(my first post-DPG Miami) while doing more yardwork yesterday morning(I've been doing a lot of damn yard work considering I own a townhouse and I decked my entire backyard) and a Cuvee No. 151 Churchill while cooking fresh mahi mahi and King Mackeral and playing Cornhole(the backyard beanbag version, NOT the prison version) last night.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Alex Williams:
    Gurkha micro-batch c-10. Great smoke. Perfect draw, a little harsh at first but it evened out and opened up after about half an inch. Got to a five inch ash before I tapped it off. Smoked it until it burnt my fingers and the taste was consistent throughout. Highly recommend it.

Whoa ...a five inch ash ! ...thats crazy...!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I've been smoking up a storm. Yesterday, just had a Rocky Patel Fusion Maduro, which was a very nice cigar. Great pepper at the start, and a whole variety of flavors throughout. The day before that, I smoked a 5 vegas Miami on my deck in the rain, what a great experience that was. I also had a Don pepin garcia jj, which I LOVE. That guy makes some great sticks.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    What did you think of the 151 Maddy? I've got one buried in my humi somewhere.
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    What did you think of the 151 Maddy? I've got one buried in my humi somewhere.
    I've had a few of these, this one had well over a year of age on it. I need to look up the date it hit my humi. I enjoy both the Cuvee 151 and the Cuvee Rouge. They aren't particularly strong but they have good flavor. The 151 is different for a Maduro, IMO its not chocolatey or cocoa but more cedar with a touch of spice. I enjoy it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    I had a Padilla Miami Robusto(my first post-DPG Miami) while doing more yardwork yesterday morning(I've been doing a lot of damn yard work considering I own a townhouse and I decked my entire backyard) and a Cuvee No. 151 Churchill while cooking fresh mahi mahi and King Mackeral and playing Cornhole(the backyard beanbag version, NOT the prison version) last night.

So any thoughts on the post-DPG Miami? I like it, maybe not as much, but it's still friggin good IMO.

Cornhole eh? I'm glad to see someone on the east coast playing cornhole. Sometime i mention it and people are like...HUH?
  • Options
    bbc020:
    madurofan:

So any thoughts on the post-DPG Miami? I like it, maybe not as much, but it's still friggin good IMO.

Cornhole eh? I'm glad to see someone on the east coast playing cornhole. Sometime i mention it and people are like...HUH?
    I thought it was very similar to the DPG version, it still had that pencil shavings taste in it, though no where near as pronounced as the DPG version. I don't think you can go wrong with a Padilla, Padilla and Cusano are quickly climbing their way up my fave brands lists.

Yea I'd never heard of it until my neighbor built a set up and we play fairly regularly now. Fun game, I like it a lot better than horseshoes or lawn darts, lol.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Garen B:
    From what I have heard smokester, your getting the same cigar for a whole lot less if you go with the seconds and don't mind them being unbanded. Especially the Edge Maduro, it's one of my go to full bodied cigars.

Thats what i have heard think i will order some and from what i have seen they are a ton cheaper which i am all for.
  • Options
    smokester:
    Garen B:

Thats what i have heard think i will order some and from what i have seen they are a ton cheaper which i am all for.
    Seconds are definetly the way to go. 99% of the time its just a cosmetic blemish that makes them a second.

I have a nice CAO LX2 Robusto sitting on my desk waiting for the ride home. Of course its only a 15 minute ride so there will be some back deck smoking once I get home.
  • Options
    smokester:
    Garen B:

Haven't had the Edge seconds, but the ITC 10th Anniversary, RP Signature, Decade, and Perdomo ESV seconds are all awesome, the only differences (when you can find a difference at all) are cosmetic.

Had a Juicy Lucy this morning before work. Man, that was a great morning cigar. My only complaint is how short it is, it is seriously about a 15 minute smoke. I know that is probably the idea, but I could deal with having another inch on it, lol.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was one of my all time favorites.. and this one came to me from jOz3r.. a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.. Three word review, I Loved it...Thanks Joe. okay that's five words..
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    smokester:
    Garen B:

Haven't had the Edge seconds, but the ITC 10th Anniversary, RP Signature, Decade, and Perdomo ESV seconds are all awesome, the only differences (when you can find a difference at all) are cosmetic.

Had a Juicy Lucy this morning before work. Man, that was a great morning cigar. My only complaint is how short it is, it is seriously about a 15 minute smoke. I know that is probably the idea, but I could deal with having another inch on it, lol.

Those Juicy Lucys are a flavor bomb too...I agree Tony on I wish it was at least about a 10-15 minute more longer smoke !
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    smokester:
    Garen B:

Those Juicy Lucys are a flavor bomb too...I agree Tony on I wish it was at least about a 10-15 minute more longer smoke !
    Yeah, it is amazing how much flavor that pack into that sucker. I also find it hard to believe they aren't infused, all of the Natural line is like that.

Went out a few minutes ago and had a Oliva MB III. I only have one left, and this saddens me very much. What a great cigar, it is getting harder and harder to not smoke the MB II Jozer sent.
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I had a 5 Vegas Gold tonight and now see why some aren't mild fans as I found this to be a little too bland for my liking. I did however enjoy the smoke especially the last 1/3 when I started getting a little nutty taste with thick white creamy smoke.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today was an Avo - not sure which one and a RP OSG. Love this cigar - too bad they don't make them anymore. Glad I have a couple of dozen left.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Monday night I did as I was hoping I would be able to do had a 3 smoke night! Started out nicely with Man of War Robusto and it was a good solid smoke. Seemed to have more flavor than the first one I had. Next I tried something new for me that I have had for several months, an Alec Bradley Occidental Reserve. This was a very nice milder smoke. Mild body but not mild flavor by any means! Then I ended the night with a H. Upmann Reserve Maduro and it was also a great smoke! Perfect draw and GREAT flavor. This is one Maduro that isn't as potent as most that I tend to like, but is still very good.

On another note, I went to my B&M and they had a box of Opus Perfecxion No. 4! I had to pick up a couple because that is ALWAYS such a nice find! I may have to go back and pick up a couple more at the end of the week if they still have some. I'm getting a pretty good little stash of Opus in my humi and I have still not smoked one... I'm thinking I might have to break one out next week on my vacation!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday I got back from work, and smoked an A. Fernandez Signature Series Churchill. The thing just tastes great, and my buddies who were also smoking (one a montecristo, the other a la flor) were done before me. I wanted to put it down, but found I just couldn't, and ended up holding them up for another 30 minutes or so. Then, a few hours later, a friend and I hung out and played chess, and smoked (of course.) This time, I decided to roll with a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve. Had a little spice, but some great nutty/chocolate flavors. I really loved this cigar, and I'm very glad I have a few more stashed away. Finally, waited for the pizza guy to come with a Cohiba Red Dot. I actually hated it at first, but it grew a lot more spicy and developed some complex cedar, leather, nutty notes down the line and I ended up nubbing it. Nice little surprise there.
  • Options
    I have a bunch of tuna and shrimp skewers all made up and ready to hit the grill as soon as I get home. I brought a Liga Privada to fire up on the ride home and will continue it as I grill. Should be a good evening.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i kinda wanna smoke a cigar today, but i have to go to some crappy meeting for work at 4.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i kinda wanna smoke a cigar today, but i have to go to some crappy meeting for work at 4.
    SMoke during the meeting, screw 'em, you're the boss.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    Ohio indoor smoking laws.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    No I meant don't go and sit in your backyard OR attic and enjoy.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    No I meant don't go and sit in your backyard OR attic and enjoy.
    i like cigars but having a job is kinda nice too.
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    lighting up a Man of War right now.