Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never had the lancero but I love this cigar! a true winner in my book. I had nothing today sadly.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I agree! The double ligero is AWESOME! I've also never had the lancero though. I'll have to try that one! Well I have had some great cigars this week! The big high point was my first Opus X which was amazing! Very full bodied and full flavored cigar! Smoked with some friends out here on the lake while playing some Foose-ball! Good times!!!! Also had an Olde World Corojo, GREAT as always, a Casa Magna, decent smoke but NOT "Cigar of the Year" imho, Oliva Serie O Maduro, Nestor Miranda Lancero, GREAT FLAVOR, and a R Y J Habana Reserve with about 9-10 months in the humi, good smoke that has done well with some age!

After having an Opus and trying the Anejo last week, I'm not sure which one I like better. Both had a ton of flavor, but the Anejo was just amazingly good... I'll have to try these two closer together and see what I think.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Smoked my first MOW Ruination tonight. Interesting smoke. It had the same flavor profile at the original but...the original had bold upfront flavors, the Ruination was along the same flavor lines but the blended in with eachother very softly and smoothly. Awesome cigar, pretty potent as well. If you like MOW, grab one of these!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Well, it finally happened. I smoked a Nub I actually liked! The Nub maduro is an awesome smoke, thank you Maddy for hooking me up. I smoked it at the beach, not really expecting much from it because I haven't liked any of the other Nubs (I've tried at least two of each of the other wrappers). This one is by far the best, at least for me. Not necessarily running out to buy a box, but if I saw a good deal on a few of them, I would definately pick some up.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    Enjoyed another Nub habano today. i asked my cigar place to place a nub maduro order so hopefully ill be able to try one soon!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday I started the day out smoking the Gurkha Beast Tony sent me. Very good stick, I thought it'd be a monster but it was a strangely light smoke, until about the middle point where the cigar gave me a hearty "FU" in terms of strength and started to get really nice and heavy. I nubbed this one. Then I had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009. I was really disappointed with this stick. It didn't do it for me, I didn't really like anything I got out of it. Nothing really good in terms of flavor. Ended the day with a Oliva V. Really, really good smoke. I nubbed it, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like a busy day for you beta.. I've had all three before and enjoyed each one, just not in the same day !
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    After having an Opus and trying the Anejo last week, I'm not sure which one I like better.
    i think the opus is better.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    After having an Opus and trying the Anejo last week, I'm not sure which one I like better.
    I'm just not sure, the Anejo had such great flavor but so did the Opus. It's tough to decide on that one. If nothing else this is an excuse to smoke one of each close to each other. lol
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    I'm just not sure, the Anejo had such great flavor but so did the Opus. It's tough to decide on that one. If nothing else this is an excuse to smoke one of each close to each other. lol
    I like the Anejo better but that is just my opinion. I'm gonna give the Opus another try within the next year when I feel the fre I have have enough age. I think a couple of them will have 3 - 4 years on them. I got a couple others sometime last year which will wait of course. The ones that have been aging are from the yearly release of 4 cigars in the cedar coffins and are from 2004 or 2005. I forget. That't what age does to you.
  • Options
    well im about to light up an a fuente 858 flor fina figured id give it another try since the first time i had a few other tastes on my palette.
  • Options
    I'm thinking a 5 vegas miami tonite, haven't had it before and it's been looking pretty tempting in my humi.
  • Options
    well i ended up deciding to mow the front lawn (very small) while i was smoking on the arturo fuente. well i must say mowing the lawn and cigar smoking isnt the greatest idea but did make for some good photos!
  • Options
    JazboJazbo Posts: 16

Sittin here in iraq pullin night shift, 3 in the morn, Cuba Libre

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jazbo:

Sittin here in iraq pullin night shift, 3 in the morn, Cuba Libre

In Iraq huh? One of my boys is there working as one of the Generals assistants.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    La Cuna Bin No 85 from Urbino. Plenty of age on it, excellent cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This afternoon was a Casa Fuego belicoso, very nice flavor with a good bit of kick to it...I might just need to look into J Fuego a bit more. In the evening I had a Bolivar petit corona, hands down one of the finest cigars I've had and the draw was much improved on this one compared to the few others I've had...I've got high hopes for these in the future.
  • Options
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic tonight while playing cards. I've only had them in the humidor for about a week and really wanted to try one. It started out nice and sweet and about an inch in got super spicy. I'm generally a pretty fast smoker (not the best habit), and have never had a problem with a cigar going out, but every time I put it down to deals the cards I would have to relight. I pulled off the band as it got close and it completely unraveled. Wasn't able to keep it together to smoke the last third. I'll leave the rest in the humi for a while and see what happens later. I did enjoy it while I could though.
  • Options
    Just finished a Defiance lonsdale. The lonsdale was the first size I smoked in the Defiance, and now after revisiting it, I can definately say that I prefer the toro and torpedo sizes. It is still a very good smoke in the lonsdale, just the torpedo and toro are a tad better.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Defiance lonsdale. The lonsdale was the first size I smoked in the Defiance, and now after revisiting it, I can definately say that I prefer the toro and torpedo sizes. It is still a very good smoke in the lonsdale, just the torpedo and toro are a tad better.
    I am a big fan of the Defiance in the torpedo size as well. The others are good, but that is my favorite.

Last night I smoked my last 5 Vegas Series A and it was a great smoke as always! Perfect burn and draw and wonderful flavor. My friend Nick had the La Aurora 1495 "Brazil" and this cigar had a very very distinct "brownie" smell before it was lit. Smelled awesome and the pre-light draw had the same flavor. I had a few puffs off of it and it was really good. He had some major burn issues though. One side wouldn't burn for a long time, then at the end it started to tunnel REALLY bad during the last third of it.
  • Options
    Had a Tatuaje Havana VI this morning. Not a bad cigar, nice flavor. The aroma was nice too.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had a Tatuaje Havana VI this morning. Not a bad cigar, nice flavor. The aroma was nice too.
    i know a guy that swears by these things.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have a miami which I want to light up tomorrow.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have a miami which I want to light up tomorrow.
    Don't smoke that one in the morning. o_O
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    punkrawk_99:
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic tonight while playing cards. I've only had them in the humidor for about a week and really wanted to try one. It started out nice and sweet and about an inch in got super spicy. I'm generally a pretty fast smoker (not the best habit), and have never had a problem with a cigar going out, but every time I put it down to deals the cards I would have to relight. I pulled off the band as it got close and it completely unraveled. Wasn't able to keep it together to smoke the last third. I'll leave the rest in the humi for a while and see what happens later. I did enjoy it while I could though.

Had the same problem with the first one I got. Smoked it after a week in the humi, and had to relight 5 times, and I knock out a NUB 464 in 45 minutes, so you know I'm a fast smoker.

They've been in my humi about two months now, and I had one last week with no issues. Spice mellowed out a bit and the flavor, draw, burn were all good. Just give them time, I think they will age well.
  • Options
    Just finished up a Padilla Series 68 Toro. This is the first toro I've had, but I have smoked quite a few of the robustos. The toro is just as good, if not better. This is seriously one of my top three cigars; I love everything about it.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    So I had a Man O' War robusto this evening. This one had right at a year on it. It hit my humi June-08. Even with the extra age it just isn't my favorite cigar. It has a flavor to it that just doesn't do it for me. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like it. The cigar burned wonderfully and smelled great but just didn't do it for me once again.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished up a Padilla Series 68 Toro. This is the first toro I've had, but I have smoked quite a few of the robustos. The toro is just as good, if not better. This is seriously one of my top three cigars; I love everything about it.

I really like that one too. I got one in a sampler a while back and it was great. It smelled amazing pre lite. I should buy some of those.
  • Options
    handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Padilla Obsidian Torpedo. The wrapper is beautiful. I am not generally a maduro smoker but I felt like one tonight. I think I got this baby from a sampler some 5 or 6 months ago. I wasn't expecting alot at first. It started off very sweet (which I hate) but after the first inch the maduro wrapper is blending awesomely with the honduran corojo....a near perfect combination of sugar and spice. I'll let you know how the last 5 inches go.
  • Options
    I am very new to the Cigar thing and tonight I decided to try a Oliva G Serie special  3.75 x 48 special G..... Wow was it great.....