Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i can understand that too. complexity isnt everything
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    I had my First Gurkha last night, got it in my first COTMC shipment.  I LOVED it. I don't quiet have the experienced pallate to taste alot of the "Tastes"  just trying to develop the pallate right now, but I really enjoyed the Titan.  Thank God I got the 5 pack on checkout
  • Options
    what gurkha was it?

and on a side note, somewhere i posted something that may help you develop your palate. ill see if i can find it.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

The last two nights for me have been a Sol Cubano Sumatra toro and a HDM Tradicion epicure.

I had the Sol Cubano sitting in my briefcase all week and I think it hurt the construction - wrapper came apart. Flavor was nice though and I will leave the rest of the 5 pack in the humidor to rest for awhile

The HDM was great as always. This is certainly one of my favorite cigars, really, really love the flavors, great draw and lots of smoke.

• Options

kuzi16:
    what gurkha was it?

and on a side note, somewhere i posted something that may help you develop your palate. ill see if i can find it.

It was the Titan

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a nice one tonight, I finally tried the ccom Brazilian label torpedo that has been hanging out in my humidor for about 6 months, I'm liking the ccom house labels more and more with each one I try.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm currently enjoying an Oliva Special G with a glass of chocolate milk. I think this is one of my favorite combinations now.
  • Options
    Interesting... I guess I can see a cameroon wrapper pairing with chocolate milk.... maybe I'll have to try that out one of these days.
  • Options
    dbaileydbailey Posts: 10
    I had the new Cuvee Rouge last night. Pretty good smoke, great burn. Any other thoughts on this cigar?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night was just an un-packing winding down night... I got all excited from Kuzi's prize, but was too afraid to smoke any of them right away so for me it was CAO Brazilia Box-press. This was a smooth and great cigar. I didn't do any kind of review for it was straight off to bed afterwards, but the cigar was one of the better tasting out there... I have another one resting and that will get the full-on review
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Tonight was a Gurkha Titan.. I finally found an hour and fifty minutes !! to take this giant on. Now the maduro wrapper looked so great it was impossible to light it without admiring the black and reddish streaks in it. It was full bodied and pretty narrow dimension of taste but what it delivered was sensational. Spicy, peppery and kind of mossy but it made me stick around longer than I usually smoke a cigar. I had this one resting for only four months, and I can only wait to see what a year will do for my next one. Thumbs up on the Titan.
  • Options
    I love the Titan. Any night with one of those is a good one! I personally took it down a notch today though and had a Gurkha Regent (torpedo) with a bourbon. Another good combo, although it doesn't last as long...
  • Options
    Tonight was a Partagas Spanish Rosado for me, a robusto. This is quite a nice looking cigar with an even toned, reddish brown wrapper. It was ok, I've been having some allergy issues today so my taster is a bit lacking and hopefully that was the problem tonight and not the cigar so much.
  • Options

For me it was a 601 Red label maduro robusto. Enjoyed the smoke with a nice flavor balance of spice and cocoa. Thanks Urby.

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Haven't decided on something for tonight. Weather's supposed to be really nice, though.
    Last night was a Gran Habano 3 Siglos, very nice. This stick didn't drop ash until it made it to the band (and held on for a while after the band was removed).
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Haven't decided on something for tonight. Weather's supposed to be really nice, though.
    Last night was a Gran Habano 3 Siglos, very nice. This stick didn't drop ash until it made it to the band (and held on for a while after the band was removed).
    Hey zoom, The 3 singlos has become a must have in my humidor.. The taste is great construction fantastic and every time I smoke one it makes me love 'em more.
  • Options
    I think im going for another predomo la tradicion reserve golf.. great flavor and aroma...
  • Options

Im having a K. Hansotia Sherpa 2002.I recived it in a sampler pack a while back. Wraper seems to be braking up at the punch. Its a nice smoke, just a bit strong for me. I prefer smoth and mild...

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    kaspera79:
    zoom6zoom:
    Hey zoom, The 3 singlos has become a must have in my humidor.. The taste is great construction fantastic and every time I smoke one it makes me love 'em more.
    Yeah, just ordered more. Ended up with a Ghurka Legend tonight.
  • Options
    I had a Cuban Crafters Cameroon toro tonight. This was a very nice, quite complex cigar. I'd be hard pressed to give an accurate flavor profile for this one, but some of the flavors I noted were leather, coffee, cocoa and a lightly sweet, almost fruity flavor that came on around the halfway point. Also had a nice pepper and spice to it, probably the spiciest cigar I've had since the SC Cuban Cabinet. A winner in my book and worth every cent and more of the $4 retail price.
  • Options
    Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet robusto this afternoon. Tonight it was a RP ITC 10th Anniversary toro. Excellent cigar with an array of flavors that I really cant define, but very good. This was an excellent smoke.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Nothing for me tonight. I got out in our 100+ degree heat this afternoon, overdid it, and overheated. So I stayed indoors this evening.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Had a CAO America last night. It really cooled off at night.

I had to take a nap when I got home from work because of how hot it was, but I woke up and it was like a completely different day.
  • Options
    Spent the weekend at the Cabin in Gatlinburg and had a very Nice Rocky Patel Fusion MM with the double cameroon wrapper. Then had a decent 5 vegas Miami the next day. Nothing wonderful on the 5 vegas,I was however very impressed with the Rocky Patel. I guess I'm one of the few who actually like both RP and gurhka.
  • Options

This afternoon I had a Torano 1916 Cameroon. Nice cigar, would do it again - but it was kind of big for a robusto. Tonight I had the Gurkha Sherpa toro. Excellent flavor, but construction was a little below par.

• Options
    sdip: I like the 1916 Cameroon myself, and if you're looking to grab another I recommend trying the corona as I was quite pleased with it.

Tonight was a 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. Can you believe I've never had this one before tonight? Well, I can't... what a nice cigar it is. I have yet to be disappointed by 5 Vegas.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    tonight i am having a Savinelli 1876 Extremely Limited Reserve ELR it a very good dark cigar i would recommend it a fine smooth smoke
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I have yet to be disappointed by 5 Vegas.
    ditto
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    DiasFlak:
    tonight i am having a Savinelli 1876 Extremely Limited Reserve ELR it a very good dark cigar i would recommend it a fine smooth smoke
    I have a few Savinelli pipes, but I've never tried their cigars. I'm not surprised they put out good cigars, though, given my experience with their pipes.

After all the recent posts about construction problems with the Sherpa, I decided to have another one tonight. A fine smoke, once again. Of the five I've had, only one has had problematic construction.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    its a really good cigar it i have seen their pipes everywhere but never got one i have my pipe which i like my girlfriend got me it basic kinda cheapy but it is sturdy and gets the job done but when i get me some more of the savinelli i will send you one!