Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Rocky Patel Summer Blend for me... wish me luck! I've had a bad string of em lately... I'll get it back!
    Hey lasabar, how you doin ? I just heard Brett Favre is now a Jet . Are you a broken hearted Packers fan?

Welp... yes and no.
    Mr. Favre as I'll call him (no longer on a first name basis) had an interview when this all came about a few weeks ago and the second I got over him is during the interview at this point
    *Video footage of almost a hundred fans if not more all in packer gear and face paint that picketed for DAYS outside Lambeau Field*

Reporter: "So you've seen the video we showed you about a LOT of fans outside Lambeau Field all chanting and rooting for you in this heat to let you come back no matter what... They really love you and want you back what do you think about those guys out there?"

Mr. Favre: "Yeah... I appreciate that..."

The only reason we didn't just put him back at the top of the rotation and make him our hero again was, unfortunately, he seemed he didn't care about it. His verbatim was he wanted "To play football" and that's it...
    I just wish he would've said "I Love Green Bay... I love the fans, and I wanna come back..." One short sentance and all the doors to our hearts would open again...

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It will be strange to see Brett Favre in another Uniform. The man sure loves the game.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Had a RP Edge on my drive to the airport. Such a good cigar.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    It will be strange to see Brett Favre in another Uniform. The man sure loves the game.
    Honestly, at this point, I wish he'd just go away. This whole, "I'm gonna retire, everybody say you love me. Oh, wait, I'm not gonna retire," thing got old about 5 years ago.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Honestly, at this point, I wish he'd just go away. This whole, "I'm gonna retire, everybody say you love me. Oh, wait, I'm not gonna retire," thing got old about 5 years ago.
    I'm completely with you on this I lost a lot of respect for him over this whole deal. HE RETIRED! and now his feelings are hurt bc the Packers moved on ... please!
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    yeah he needs to quit im over Bret farve the man needs to just retire and find something better in life..like cigars...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Living in Chicago I got to see a lot of Packers games over the years, and nothing made me happier than when the Bears beat the Pack. During the past few seasons I actually got to like Favre as a player, but he did play on the fans emotions with his indecision. That is the crappy part of the whole situation. Packer fans LOVE(d) this guy. I don't know how they will respond to him now.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today it was another camacho havanna. this time it was the toro size.
  • Options
    you guys ever feel like kickin your own ass? I bought the Gurkha grand slam sampler this am and I just got an email for a killer deal on some comacho 1962 samplers!!!! Oh well I guess I'll be havin a punch magnum while watchin Da bears whoop the chiefs!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I filled my pants when I saw that 1962 sampler. I love that cigar.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Oliveros Eight Zero Anniversary Royale Toro
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    RyJ Habana Reserve Torpedo!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rp edge
  • Options
    Luko:
    rp edge
    Good one luke, one of my favorites from Rocky.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    OK, this gives me a chance for a PTFTW

I'll lay off those a bit, if you wish... I don't usually point out the PTFTW unless I have something constructive to say, and I can't smoke tonight because it was pouring rain.
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    I had a wonderful 5 Vegas "A" last night. After using Kuzi's suggestions on developing the pallate I Was able to detect the peppery start, then followed by a constant Coffee taste. It was absolutely Wonderful Cigar. Thanks again Kuzi!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im here for you!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    rp edge
    I just got it and it smelled so damn good I couldn't wait...big, big fan of this cigar. There were so many different RP at the B&M that looked really good. There are two edges, sumata and ??? A friend recommended the sumata, which is why i grabbed that. What other RPs do you like, Kasper?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Graycliff purple-urple Legend, I wanted to see if I got the same from it this time as I did last time, and to my surprise I didn't. It was still good, but I got a spicier flavor profile this time around and noted a slight cherry flavor on the finish through the middle and last third of the cigar that I had not noted with the first one I had. Construction problems in the first third led to some pretty nasty burn problems, but nothing my torch couldn't fix and it evened out near the middle. A nice cigar and one I will be keeping in my rotation.
  • Options
    Aside from the one kas sent me, I'm out of those. I've got a box on back order, though.

I had an Onyx Reserve. Solid smoke, again. Has to be one of the better values in the cigar world these days.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Tonight I had a Carlos Torano Signature Collection that had been hiding out in my humi for probably 18 months. Damn it was good, possibly the smoothest cigar I have ever smoked. Rich chocolate and creamy all at the same time.

I just read it got the highest rating ever from Smoke magazine. I want to get some more, but it seems ccom doesn't sell them except in a sampler. I'll have to check the local B&Ms.
  • Options
    sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    So i"m staring down a 18 mo aged la gloria cubana, and it looks good... it spent some time in between humidors so im a little worried... but her it go....
  • Options
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    rp edge
    I just got it and it smelled so damn good I couldn't wait...big, big fan of this cigar. There were so many different RP at the B&M that looked really good. There are two edges, sumata and ??? A friend recommended the sumata, which is why i grabbed that. What other RPs do you like, Kasper?
    My favorite is the Vintage 1992, but the rest of the line is also very good 91990. and 1999) . I Like the sun grown, as well as the fusion line. I only had one connecticut and it wasn't my favorite, in fact I quit that one half way through, which I never do. I am going to try again with that one maybe just a bad day for smoking on my part. As far as the edge goes I enjoy the Maduro more than the Corojo
  • Options
    urbino:
    Aside from the one kas sent me, I'm out of those. I've got a box on back order, though.

I had an Onyx Reserve. Solid smoke, again. Has to be one of the better values in the cigar world these days.
    They are not always available in box lot but I just buy two or three 5packs.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    Tonight I had a Carlos Torano Signature Collection that had been hiding out in my humi for probably 18 months. Damn it was good, possibly the smoothest cigar I have ever smoked. Rich chocolate and creamy all at the same time.

I just read it got the highest rating ever from Smoke magazine. I want to get some more, but it seems ccom doesn't sell them except in a sampler. I'll have to check the local B&Ms.
    Scrambler, I found the Signature by accident and it is my favorite of the Torano line ( so far) I just ordered some casa torano on a recomendation here.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

They are not always available in box lot but I just buy two or three 5packs.
    Yeah, I thought about that, but the per cigar price difference between the fiver and the box is so huge, it kinda hurts my feelings to buy a fiver.
  • Options
    I guess you will have to wait than, patience grasshopper. I think they do that on purpose sometimes.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    For me it was a 5 Vegas Limitada 07. Excellent stick with super flavor, excellent draw and lots of smoke.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Love the Limtada '07. Tonight was a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte corona for me. This is a cigar I would recommend to anyone who wants a cigar that a) won't cost but a few dollars, b) you can light and forget about and c) offers a good, straightforward flavor that's not harsh with a medium-full strength. Definitely a keeper in my book. Now to try the double maduro...

Joe
  • Options
    Just got back from a little after-hours party with folks from work. While there I had an RP Vintage 90, which was good. What I could taste of it, anyway, with this cold. I'm thinking about going outside and having something else. Wanna take advantage of this cooler weather while it lasts.