Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    last night i had the 5 vegas series A Apocalypse (6 x 58) i really like this cigar in this size.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Last night was an RP Vintage 1990.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Had an Oliva V at a bike cruise in. Pretty good time and fun to people watch.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    sdip: I like the 1916 Cameroon myself, and if you're looking to grab another I recommend trying the corona as I was quite pleased with it.

Tonight was a 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. Can you believe I've never had this one before tonight? Well, I can't... what a nice cigar it is. I have yet to be disappointed by 5 Vegas.
    I praise the 5 Vegas every chance I get.. I believe it is one of the best everyday cigars that will be enjoyed by novice as well as long time smokers. Anyday anytime 5 Vegas many lines will please .
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    DiasFlak:
    its a really good cigar it i have seen their pipes everywhere but never got one i have my pipe which i like my girlfriend got me it basic kinda cheapy but it is sturdy and gets the job done but when i get me some more of the savinelli i will send you one!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    I have to say I had a Savinelli Not to long ago at the beach. IT WAS WONDERFUL. I can't find them anywhere tho! The local B&M doesn't have them, and C.com doesn't either. I can honestly say, if you can get your hands on some of these babies, they are a GREAT cigar!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I've gotta agree. I've got some of the '06, '07, and '08 Limitadas on order, it's gonna be hard to let them rest a while!
  • Options
    I'm headed out to the porch with an Oliva G Cameroon and Don Quixote. Ahhhhhh.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    I've gotta agree. I've got some of the '06, '07, and '08 Limitadas on order, it's gonna be hard to let them rest a while!
    I hear ya on that one. My box of '08 Limitadas is coming to me tomorrow after waiting several weeks for them to be in stock. I don't think I'm going to be able to resist lighting on up right away, but the rest will go in the coolerdor.

Don Quixote... Nice. I managed to read that half way through about 10 years ago...I really ought to finish it out. Quite an enjoyable piece of literature in my opinion.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    tonight i had another acid nasty i cant seem to figure out what flavors it has so i had to try it again plus my gf bought me 4 of them today i wish she would have called before she bought them but hey atleast my gf got me something i enjoy a cigar!
  • Options
    Never look a gift cigar in the mouth. Especially if it's from a woman.
    j0z3r:
    Don Quixote... Nice. I managed to read that half way through about 10 years ago...I really ought to finish it out. Quite an enjoyable piece of literature in my opinion.
    There's a new translation out since then. I just started it. So far, it's a hoot.

The Oliva was excellent, as usual. If anybody hasn't tried these, you really should.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Had a good round at the Blackjack tables so I splurged on a Padron 1926 #2 Maduro. Very nice smoke that was very strong and looked great. Draw was a little tight and not that much smoke. Good cigar, but don't think I would lay out $20 again. If I am going to spend for a good cigar I much prefer the Ashton VSG or others.
  • Options
    I had a decent 5 vegas classic tonight, Got it on the Friday Special. My pallate is just not coming along though. I'm still finding it very hard to detect alot of diversity in the flavors. I get a hint of something here and there and when I try to pay attention to it I can't get it. EXTREMELY Frustrating. Anyways, Changing Subjects a bit. If ANYONE finds somewhere that has Savinellis PLEASE let me know, preferably online, but I would KILL for one. Back to post, any suggestions on the "Maturation" of the Pallate?
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    wilbr11:
    I had a decent 5 vegas classic tonight, Got it on the Friday Special. My pallate is just not coming along though. I'm still finding it very hard to detect alot of diversity in the flavors. I get a hint of something here and there and when I try to pay attention to it I can't get it. EXTREMELY Frustrating. Anyways, Changing Subjects a bit. If ANYONE finds somewhere that has Savinellis PLEASE let me know, preferably online, but I would KILL for one. Back to post, any suggestions on the "Maturation" of the Pallate?
    I think I have a few Sav's in singles I got in a trade a few years back. Let me do some diggin' around when I get home in the morning and see what I have. I agree, those are terrific sticks.
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    sdip:
    Had a good round at the Blackjack tables so I splurged on a Padron 1926 #2 Maduro. Very nice smoke that was very strong and looked great. Draw was a little tight and not that much smoke. Good cigar, but don't think I would lay out $20 again. If I am going to spend for a good cigar I much prefer the Ashton VSG or others.
    I have a box of the 1926 #6 Maduro's from July of 2004. I have only smoked two out of the box, and that was two years ago. I wonder what 4 years has done to these cigars?
  • Options
    i have about 5 savinellis but they are on order from my local shop = when they get in i would be more than glad to send you one!
  • Options
    I appreciate the offers guys, Just to make myself clear since i'm relatively new to the Forum. I wasn't really wanting to get free cigars as much as I was wondering if anyone happened to know of a specific website or anywhere for that matter where I could get a few. These are my Favorites so far.
  • Options
    well ive seen a few places online but none of them i would recommend they dont look trustworthy
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had the Fonseca robusto from the COTMC package tonight. It wasn't bad, but with little to judge it against, I'd say it was very mild. It burned great and the ash hung on for dear life, probably at least an inch and a half. But a little too mild I think.
  • Options
    Tonight was a 5 Vegas Limitada '08. After a few weeks on backorder it finally came today and I could not resist smoking one straight away before I put the box away for a deep sleep. The cigar looks very nice with its oscuro wrapper, moderate veining and some speckles of sunspots. Pre-light aroma is very much chocolate and the pre-light draw (first time I've done this one) yielded some flavors I cannot put my finger on but was pleasant. It lit and burned like a champ with a slightly tight draw. This was an awesome 90 minute smoke and one I can honestly say I didn't want to end. This one's got my recommendation.

Joe
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Capt:
    sdip:
    I have a box of the 1926 #6 Maduro's from July of 2004. I have only smoked two out of the box, and that was two years ago. I wonder what 4 years has done to these cigars?
    Damn, Capt...you almost got me to tear up. A Padron '26 aged 4 years. That's a seriously delicious smoke by now.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tonight i had a camacho havanna carona. i love this line. they seem to be getting harder to find though. I hope they didnt stop making them
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Had a Padron Londres Maduro last night. I have now had a couple and was extremely surprised. At $2.50 a stick, I was thouroughly impressed. The fact that they were only 2.50, and I wasn't expecting much, may have had something to do with it but I did enjoy them.

Has anyone had any experience with these. Would like to know if I am way off base or not.
  • Options
    wilbr11:
    hey wilbr, check your PM box.. no need to kill anyone.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I tried a Nording tonight and it was really good. It was a short torpedo, guessing 4.5 x 52 or 54. Almost had the appearance of a Nub. Flavor was exceptional and it burned real slow. Believe this is a RP line, but I am surprised that I have seen nor heard anything about it.
  • Options
    sdip: The Nording is a Rocky Patel made cigar for Erik Nording, a world famous pipe maker, kind of a joint venture type of thing I guess.

edit: Just finished up with a Punch punch, in the oscuro wrapper. Very nice, as I've come to expect from Punch.
  • Options
    I own a Nording pipe, matter of fact. Never had the cigar, though. The only pipe-related cigar I've had is the Butera (they make excellent pipe tobaccos), which was my favorite cigar for a while. Well, I've also had some Dunhills, but they don't really count.
  • Options
    Nothing for me tonight. I've got a bit of a sore throat and cough, so I'm going to take a night off.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Summer Blend for me... wish me luck! I've had a bad string of em lately... I'll get it back!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Rocky Patel Summer Blend for me... wish me luck! I've had a bad string of em lately... I'll get it back!
    Hey lasabar, how you doin ? I just heard Brett Favre is now a Jet . Are you a broken hearted Packers fan?