Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Just got through smoking one the weekend blasts from a week or so ago that a friend of mine picked up. He got the Quintero boc Pressed Churchill Maduro. This cigar was a very pleasant surprise. It was very smooth, medium bodied. I will definitely be picking some of these up soon. Lasted about an hour and a half or so.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Yesterday was the Tat Black. Started to run, but it corrected itself. Also tried one of my GOF Carlito due to the talk here. The GOF started great - mellowed a little too much in 2nd third, but a very nice smoke. Today was a Padilla '32 and am having a Pepin Cuban classic. Great smoke for the coin!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    kaspera79:
    cholmes8310:
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    nica libre and a cain F
    Right out of the box?
    gotta do something with em, and they weren't in cello's, so burn em up!!!
    Neither was that Cohiba, but you spared him from the fire...
    can't smoke em all in one night! gimme time, I'll get there.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Cain F torpedo tonight, good cigar, strong but nice flavors. It started to annoy me after a while though because I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and the smoke was starting to make it burn. All in all, I like the robusto more, but the torpedo is pretty good.
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Just had my first Tatuaje Havana in honor of Phil. Very good stick. Smoked it until it burned my lips.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    A. Fernandez Signature Lancero with some special Sumatra wrapper. It was a great smoke. Did a little bit of tunneling towards the end, but frankly, that a stick so small lasted around 1:15 without any issues, delivering fantastic flavor and smoke output, I could have cared less that it acted up for a minute. It was a fantastic stick. Also one of the first times I have ever gotten a truly floral note (only in the first 1/2 inch or so, but it was very cool)
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Today was a three-banger....... MOW Torp for lunch. 187 by Esteban Carerras for dinner. Nestor Miranda Special Selection Oscuro Dominicano for dessert.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2006

i found this cigar to be a bit more chocolate than i was expecting. i had not had this flavor out of the other vitolas i have had from this line (Noellas, Especiales)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2006

i found this cigar to be a bit more chocolate than i was expecting. i had not had this flavor out of the other vitolas i have had from this line (Noellas, Especiales)
    IIRC, the Cojonu are blended differently than the standard line, so it's not terribly surprising that you'd get a different taste. Personally, I really enjoyed the 2006 Cojonu a lot, need to try the 2009 as well.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Tabac Baez Robusto last night... this morning was a Gran Habano #1.

• Options
    LHC Oscuro Fuerte or MoW.... not sure yet...
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Well, today I just walked out of the last classroom I'll ever sit in and call another human being "professor", and in 3 weeks I walk down the graduation isle and get my JD degree, so I figure today calls for something special. I figure a Cohiba and an Ashton VSG are a good way to start, eh?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I might go for my MOW badge today.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I finally tried out the Torano 1916. It's a good cigar. Well made, a nice draw, very even burn, and lots of smoke. It had that nice sweet flavor that I associate with cameroon wrappers. The thing is, there's never anything definite I can get out of them. It's just "that" flavor. It isn't coffee, nutty, leather, spice, etc. I don't know why, but that bugs me. It's pleasant, but it doesn't wow me. I guess that's why I've never been impressed with the cameroons that I have tried. Only a handful thus far, so I am still open minded. I need to try out one of my Carlito GoFs I think...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    It's been a while since I have really gone to town on some cigars... This weekend will change that!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's line up:
    Conuco Robusto
    LHC Robusto
    RP Vintage 1990
    IT SF Maduro Belicoso
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up:
    Conuco Robusto
    LHC Robusto
    RP Vintage 1990
    IT SF Maduro Belicoso
    I'm so jelous of you, bro! I read your selections every day and just cry a little knowing I can't keep up...

In all seriousness though, I envy you. I couldn't smoke that many even if I could afford it. Time just wont allow it unfortunately.
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I just got through having a 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo with a couple o beers while at work :) great smoke as usual.

also, I would like to have fla-gypsy's job/time as well,lol!
  • Options
    Just lit up a LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. This cigar is easily one of the best I have smoked. I am loving every second of it so far.

This is just the first smoke in a long weekend of smokes. I am hoping to get about 10 in this weekend.....
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Just had CAO America, smoked it all the way to the nub, flippin awesome cigar!
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Just had CAO America, smoked it all the way to the nub, flippin awesome cigar!
    I haven't had one of these yet but the more I hear about them the more I want to try one. I know Vinnie swears by these. I might have to grab one or two the next time I hit the B&M...
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Had an RP Vintage 1990 today while watching piles burn. What a wonderful way to spend an hour or so. :D
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I started the day off with a Sol Cubano CC No. 4, which is an amazing little cigar. Mid-day I had a La Herencia Cubana. I've had plenty of the Oscuro Fuertes, and I was excited to try this one. It didn't disappoint as I had expected. I'll be lighting up another after dinner to enjoy the Rangers game and the NFL Draft. I haven't quite decided what I want yet.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I had my first MoW today. I have had the virtue and really enjoyed it, but I think I like the plan old MoW better. Tonight I have a Cruzado Dante that has been sleeping for a while, and maybe another MoW.
  • Options
    Wife is out of town...Just had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet...Going back out on the back porch later tonight to enjoy a Maxx, or Padilla Obsidion, havent decided yet...
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    My wife is gone as well. Right after dinner, firing up a Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial. Pairing it with some Pyrat XO Reserve rum recommended on another thread...just had to try it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    5 Vegas Miami Toro
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up:
    Conuco Robusto
    LHC Robusto
    RP Vintage 1990
    IT SF Maduro Belicoso
    I'm so jelous of you, bro! I read your selections every day and just cry a little knowing I can't keep up...

In all seriousness though, I envy you. I couldn't smoke that many even if I could afford it. Time just wont allow it unfortunately.
    Oh you could keep up. I have to admit my current job situation is really nice right now. I have a Golf Cart and 20 employees at my disposal and I come packing each day. The only problem I have is I am busting the budget and the Warden is on to me. Dang it I need a raise! LOL
  • Options
    Decided to have a nightcap on the back porch. man the weather here is just spectacular. Finished the day with a nice fat LHC chatting with the wife.