Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Started the morning with a Baccarat, then had a Gurkha Park Avenue, Indios Puros which i didnt care too much for, and finally a Liga Privada No.9 Flying Pig which was great.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    MrMoke:
    It's getting late, am going to have to find something short and sweet - old favorite Hoyo sabrosos or Padron Londres, been sleeping for 7 years, delicious !!!
    On opening my humi I spotted a stick I hadn't tried in a long time and changed my mind at the last minute, "Franks Way" Belicoso from Felipe Gregorio, big mistake, now wheres that "Goats ass" thread.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    ug dan:
    I love Capstick!
    +1 Capstick is das Sheize. so is ruark!
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Had a private label stick in a Robusto from a local cigar bar in Jacksonville called Aroma's. I was there a few weeks ago and had a Double Corona of the same kind and was very very good like a 7 x 60, lasted 2 hours. The Robusto lasted just over an hour. The blend is mild / med and very smooth! I wish I could find these somehwere else to buy though where it is not overpriced at a cigar bar though. I stopped by today and picked a couple up to bring home.
  • Options
    Just had the best 1.5 hours of the week with a Cu-Avana Intenso and a Crown/Coke...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    Just had the best 1.5 hours of the week with a Cu-Avana Intenso and a Crown/Coke...
    Wow that sounds delicious! even at 7:30am!! It's been a while since I have had a Intenso, and I have some Jack Daniels that needs some finishing... I might have to copy you this evening.
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57
    I think I'm going to pull out a verdadero organic tonight. I like the unique taste of that little stick.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    LCar:
    I think I'm going to pull out a verdadero organic tonight. I like the unique taste of that little stick.
    I bought a sampler just about the first day ccom had these, before they were even on the website. I really enjoy this cigar. I am not a big fan of the milder smokes, but this one if pretty amazing. I'm down to my last two or three now so I guess I'll be adding it to my list again...

One thing I have noticed with these though, they tend to have a tighter draw. If you let them rest in the humi for 3-6 months they get so much better. The draw gets better, and the flavors just seem to blend together better. I haven't had one with more than 6 months on it yet though...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Alex Williams:
    smoked an LFD Carajos Oscuro this morning on the way to class... AMAZING!!! Thanks so much sandman for this one and the other i have waiting. I was late to class because it was soo good and i didnt want to put it out... it had a 1/4" left when i finally put it down. thank the lord for paper clips!! Now if i could only find a way to get more...
    Glad you liked it as much as I did. Awesome for such a small little guy huh?
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    AB harvest '97 Habano - PEPPER and cedar. Wrapper seemed to burn a bit uneven. Overall - pretty good smoke though.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Monti Tubo yesterday. I have a bunch of these and normally give them away. They give them to you when you order a meal at our local JRs. I'm not really a fan. I find them to be inconsistent in both taste and color. However, the last two that I smoked have been pretty decent almost on the verge of pretty good. I didn't have anything on my and I usually just throw them in my truck in this case. Not bad, not bad at all...

Today, I'm smoking a Upmann Demitasse. Probably not smoking tomorrow but Saturday I am going to an Italian Restaurant that allows smoking at the table. I"m thinking either a GoF or one of those Don Arturo Gran Anniversarios. I think I might give the Don Arturos a few more weeks in the humi but the two GoF I have in there have already been in there for about 2 weeks or more.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    ljl:
    AB harvest '97 Habano - PEPPER and cedar. Wrapper seemed to burn a bit uneven. Overall - pretty good smoke though.
    Had the same problem with one I smoked Monday. First one ever, and it had a tight draw and burned uneven the whole time. Finally put it down about half way through with a headache.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Started my day off with a Macanudo Portofino and had draw issues the entire time not sure if tubed cigars are better off left in tubes or not, but that is a discussion for a different thread, after running (driving) over to my "local" B&M to pick up some sweet surprises for my mooch I came home and truly enjoyed a Nub Maduro... as for after dinner not sure yet will have to see.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Not my day. I was gonna smoke a 5 Vegas Gold, so I pulled out the Double Nickel I had. Wrapper was so damaged it was unsmokable. So I went back and grabbed the robusto. Same problem.

Okay, I can take a hint. So I decided to try a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami corona. The wrapper is all hosed up for the first inch of the foot. WTF?
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    urbino:
    Not my day. I was gonna smoke a 5 Vegas Gold, so I pulled out the Double Nickel I had. Wrapper was so damaged it was unsmokable. So I went back and grabbed the robusto. Same problem.

Okay, I can take a hint. So I decided to try a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami corona. The wrapper is all hosed up for the first inch of the foot. WTF?

The cigar gods are angry! You must appease them with a burned offering of highest quality...

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a 5 Vegas Miami very shortly...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto... I liked it. Gurkhas lower priced stuff is starting to grow on me.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto... I liked it. Gurkhas lower priced stuff is starting to grow on me.
    +1 on that though the black dragon ain't exactly lower priced.

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    doromath:
    urbino:

The cigar gods are angry! You must appease them with a burned offering of highest quality...

I smoked the LGC. Pretty decent cigar.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I smoked the 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. It was the first for me and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    doromath:
    urbino:

I smoked the LGC. Pretty decent cigar.
    You should really take better care of your smokes....
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's line up
    0600- Oliva Series O
    0930- Don Lino Africa
    1200- LHC
    1600- IT SF Maduro
    1700- Nub Habano 464
    Total sensory overload today!
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Perdomo Lot 23 after a long meeting.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    kaspera79:

Maybe I called them by the wrong name... I got these for about seven bucks, and thats what the box said at least. Not that camel bone box, the cheaper version that came around a couple years ago.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    kaspera79:
    stephen_hannibal:
    kaspera79:

Maybe I called them by the wrong name... I got these for about seven bucks, and thats what the box said at least. Not that camel bone box, the cheaper version that came around a couple years ago.
    Ohhhh.... Had a Gurkha Signature 101 on the morning commute very nice.

• Options
    nica libre and a cain F
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    nica libre and a cain F
    Right out of the box?
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Haven't chimed in here in a bit. This year I decided to open a couple of boxes of "older" smokes. Tonight was a Cohiba Siglo III from July of 08. In the past week or so I've had a San Cristobal from 01, a Cohiba Seleccion Reserva from 02 and a couple of sticks from 07 that are smoking great!

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    nica libre and a cain F
    Right out of the box?
    gotta do something with em, and they weren't in cello's, so burn em up!!!
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    nica libre and a cain F
    Right out of the box?
    gotta do something with em, and they weren't in cello's, so burn em up!!!
    Neither was that Cohiba, but you spared him from the fire...