Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    ejenne87:
    fla-gypsy:
    I am a big fan of the Intenso, the torpedo seems to be the best.
    The torp is definitely my favorite size...

I ended up grabbing an Alec Bradley MAXX. It was just calling my name when I opened up the cooler. This was my firsy MAXX and I must say, I was very dissapointed. There wasn't much flavor to speak of and it took about 3 strong draws to get enough smoke to be worth it. I have a few more in various sizes and I guess I will let them chill for a while and revisit in a couple months..? I may have to find something to make up for this one tonight........
    I had my first regular MAXX tonight. I'm with ya, not a lot of flavor, not the greatest stick. I had the FIXX size. I had a MAXX Brazilian a couple weeks ago and it was a million times better. Much more body and spice due to the Brazilian wrapper. I suggest trying that one.
    I will definitely keep that in mind. I think I have one brazilian lying around somewhere...

I also had the FIXX, very dissapointing. Like I said though, I have other sizes and hoefully they get better with a couple more months on them.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Started the day off with a Diesel on the golf course, moved into a Blue steel shortly after the fuel went out...had an El Mejor (dont know why? maybe I just wanted to get it out of my humidor) last night after dinner at a sweet new bar by my house.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Nub Cameroon. My first Nub. I "Nubbed it"!
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had a Arganese Connecticut Presidente, very tight draw, loosened up near the end, wouldn't probably smoke one again.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a bunch of great cigars this weekend. Had a LFD Ligero Friday night, followed up by a 262 Paradigm box-pressed - love that 262. Saturday I started a Liga Privada No 9 - sadly it must have been a bad stick. Terrible draw, got bitter very quickly. Sad. I put it out early and thankfully I brought a back-up cigar. Finished the night with a DPG Cuban Classic 1979. Fantastic as always.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Perdomo La Tradicion cameroon. This has become one of my go-to smokes over the past couple of months. Very reasonably priced, extremely well made, and tasty. If you haven't tried them, I suggest you do.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    watched Dirty Harry and had a Cohiba black and a sam adams winter lager...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    La Herencia Cubana
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Nub Cameroon. My first Nub. I "Nubbed it"!
    nub squared.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold
  • Options
    martymcg43:
    watched Dirty Harry and had a Cohiba black and a sam adams winter lager...
    thats a fantastic afternoon.

interestingly enough, my dad got into cigars because of Clint Eastwood. He is always on the look out for "those crooked little Clint Eastwood cigars"
    he smoked "toscani," which is a style of cigar sold under many different brand names. (De Nobili being the most common)

Clint (who is actually a non-smoker) simply bought the nastiest cigars he could find. He thought that would be just the thing to put him in a sour mood, which would be put him in the right frame of mind to play his part.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a LHCOF in memory of Don Robaina this afternoon. I nubbed it, AJ is on top of his game and the Don was no doubt proud of his understudy
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Gurkha Titan. Not because I like them, so much, but need the space they occupy.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    HA now that's pretty funny! I'm not exactly sure why, but it made me laugh...
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    cabinetmaker:
    HA now that's pretty funny! I'm not exactly sure why, but it made me laugh...
    i was thinkin about doin the same thing but with a beast.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padilla Dominus. Awesome smoke.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a don carlos GOF this afternoon at the inlaws house. Nice way to Cristen the nice weather.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a don carlos GOF this afternoon at the inlaws house. Nice way to Cristen the nice weather.
    It really was a nice day too. I thought it was going to be nice yesterday but then that monsoon-like weather rolled in. That was weird. I think I might have the Carlito tonight. Still undecided at this point.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    cabinetmaker:
    did that with an El Mejor paint brush dog rocket.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Started off the day yesterday with an a fernandez sig. The flavors made me remember why i have a box coming in today... The construction, not so much. Wrapper unwraveled but that was the first issue i have had with them. Then, i had an arganese uno puro which started bland with a tight draw but then, the draw opened up and it got plain bitter. Threw that one out. Then, i lit up a rocky patel 1992 Junior for lunch in the back of my truck(bbq, beer, and a beautiful day). That night after work i had a gran habano vintage 2002 and another junior. With more beer! Good day.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet & A. Fernandez Sig.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had a RP Fusion this morning , good draw, but burn issues all the way through.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a gurkha micro-batch liga TPB-1.. not my favorite, burn was wavy and needed a few re-lights
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Friday night I started with a Padron Faimly Reserve 44 year Maduro. I have to say that it was good but not great. Near the last few inches the burn was rough and it kept going out. I have had this one about a month. I have one more which I'll probably age a year or two. In general, I'm not a fan of Padrons. With that being said I have only had the higher end ones like the 64 and 26 and 45 Year natural. I liked the 64 natural the best. After that, I moved to a LFD Air Bender. I found this cigar to be rather strong and not much to my liking. The burn was good for the first inch but then it would burn down one side consistantly. I gave up with about 1 1/2 - 2 inches left. This cigar had a nice heft in the hand.

Saturday I had a Victor Sinclair 10th Aniversario Churchill from the cotm club 6 months ago. It started off nice with a really sweet taste but near the last 3 inches I gave up on it. It got pretty bitter and kept having to be re-lit.

Yesterday I smoked a Don Carlos Belicoso from that fuente deal a couple of weeks ago with the GoF, Lighter, Ash tray, etc... I always liked Don Carlos cigars. This one had a nice flavor but in that flavor was a bitterness that I was not expecting. It was strange. The flavor was good but bitter at the same time. This one didn't have much rest. Maybe 2 weeks. That could have had something to do with it. I mostly smoke the #2 which is a bigger version of the Belicoso. The burn was near perfect the whole way with my first ash taking place close to 3 inches. I think I only ashed three times during the whole smoke! The draw was good too. I want to try all the different sizes in the line. Maybe I'll get around to it soon.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to get in a couple smokes this weekend, not easy with me still working 3 jobs, but that will come to an end very soon. First up was a Jose Dominguez Signature Lonsdale. Rough and bitter, I threw it out after 1 inch. GOATS ASS! Next was a Nester Miranda Special Selection Lancero. Good solid smoke with lots of coffee and cocoa flavors. Next was a MoW Special Edition Figurado, man I could smoke 1 of these every freakin' day. Great smoke!. Then a San Cristobal Guajiro, again another great smoke I could do every day. Last was an AB Tempus...That was a good weekend. Hope you all have a great week!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Cuba Libre x2
    Cu-avana Intenso, this was a bad stick. The first bad Intenso I have smoked. The thing would not burn and it had plenty of age on it.
    IT SF Maduro to top off my work day, very nice smoke for the ride home and a short stay on the back porch to finish it up.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Started with a Nub box-pressed Camaroon, not bad but I really don't like Camaroon's much, my MoW Ruination is really tempting me as an after-dinner one, maybe the Cain F instead dunno kinda have a bit of a debacle
  • Options
    After getting a box of LFD DL Maduro Chisels yesterday I might go out tonight and smoke one of the others I have had for a while. This is one of my favorites and I don't smoke them enough because they are a little difficult to come by...
  • Options
    dirtylipsdirtylips Posts: 19
    i got a big di ck and you all can suck on it  tonight.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    had one of my diamond crown maximus robusto no. 5's. and easily one of the best cigars i've had.