Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Blue Steel last night... and this morning I had a DE Natural Root.
    The Blue Steel was different than I remember a bit more spicy.
    The DE Natural was so far from anything I was expecting. It had a pipe tobacco taste and aroma which was consistent through the first 2 3rds. The finally third however Introduced a distinguished orange/citrus flavor.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    today im heading out to the porch to smoke an El Tiante Maduro Churchill. Filler: Habano Nicaragua and San Andres Mexico Binder: Sumatra Mexico Wrapper: Nicaragua

this cigar is made by Red Sox Legend Luis Tiant and has been sitting in my humidor since3-14-08
    Poker Slob:
    Tiant was also a pitcher for the Indians
    im not a huge follower of baseball. sooo...you may be right. at some point her may have pitched for the indians. I got my info from HERE I took it for what it said.

turned out to be a decent cigar.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Virtue in petite salomon size last night; I enjoyed it quite a bit with a Sam Adams
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Started off today with a Verdadero Organic with breakfast, really good with raisin toast :) After lunch was a Cuban Label, dont know why it took me so long to try that one...Later on today i have a cigar event at the B&M with Tim Ozenger...probably will burn through a mx2 or an america and whatever else he is travelling around with these days.
  • Just finished the good ole 5 vegas classic.....always a good consistent stick!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Fired up a 5 Vegas Miami earlier this afternoon and am going to fire up a Cohiba Red Dot in a few minutes....
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    j0z3r:
    I wish I hadn't wasted my time smoking anything today, three cigars were all but wasted on account of me getting over a flu bug combined with allergies. Suffice to say I didn't taste a whole lot, so I may as well have been smoking Swishers. Among the wasted: Perdomo ESV '91 Phantom, Padron 1964 Imperial habano (tear), Tatuaje T110 (double tear)
    Oh man you sacrificed a Padron aniv......man........
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm about to go outside and have a Fonseca Habana Seleccion, the one from the COTMC a few months ago. This will be my first Fonseca, hopefullly I enjoy it!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    j0z3r:
    I wish I hadn't wasted my time smoking anything today, three cigars were all but wasted on account of me getting over a flu bug combined with allergies. Suffice to say I didn't taste a whole lot, so I may as well have been smoking Swishers. Among the wasted: Perdomo ESV '91 Phantom, Padron 1964 Imperial habano (tear), Tatuaje T110 (double tear)
    Oh man you sacrificed a Padron aniv......man........
    Even worse, I wasted a Tat T110, those are way harder to come by.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Retired to the deck after grilling some steaks this evening . A ERDM ISOM compliments of j0z3r combined with about 4 michelob lights combined with a pain pill and a muscle relaxer for my back and DAAAAMN !!! I am totally relaxed ... the ERDM was lights out ! Excellent flavor with just an awsome flavor on the exhale thru the nose ...thank you very much Mr. j0z3r ... I don't think I could move very fast right now if my as_s were on fire ...whoa ...time for another beer .
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    I'm about to go outside and have a Fonseca Habana Seleccion, the one from the COTMC a few months ago. This will be my first Fonseca, hopefullly I enjoy it!
    What a let down this stick was... It tasted a little off, maybe even a little bit of amonia. I think I have another here somewhere, I think I'll le that one sit for a while longer... Maybe the extra age will help it out.

I don't know what it is about that smoke though, but I really wanted to like it. I was dissapointed and now I feel lied to... HA. I haven't ever even heard much about Fonseca to make me think so highly of them to begin with. Must just be that the name sounds classy or something...
    gmill880:
    Retired to the deck after grilling some steaks this evening . A ERDM ISOM compliments of j0z3r combined with about 4 michelob lights combined with a pain pill and a muscle relaxer for my back and DAAAAMN !!! I am totally relaxed ... the ERDM was lights out ! Excellent flavor with just an awsome flavor on the exhale thru the nose ...thank you very much Mr. j0z3r ... I don't think I could move very fast right now if my as_s were on fire ...whoa ...time for another beer .
    Glad you enjoyed it Gene, I think that's a great cigar for a very reasonable price as far as ISOMs go. The next time I buy some it will be a cab of 50 for sure. Take care Gene, hope your back starts feeling better.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    had an Illusione ~2~... a damn good cigar...
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Perdomo 2 Maduro for lunch, and a La Herencia Cubana on the ride home. The weather was so nice, I had a Cain Maduro Torpedo out on the deck.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a La Herencia Cubano, 5 Vegas Classic, and Padilla Habano today. My 30th b-day is on Wednesday so I started celebrating today.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Had the old faithful Baccarat for breakfast, afternoon was the Gurkha Titan, and right now its a Gran Habano 3 Siglos
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    undulac:
    Had a La Herencia Cubano, 5 Vegas Classic, and Padilla Habano today. My 30th b-day is on Wednesday so I started celebrating today.
    Happy birthday - my wife's 30th is Saturday as well.

I had a Camacho Coyolar this afternoon - fantastic smoke. Finished the night with a CAO Brazillian cigarillo - nice 40 minute smoke, I enjoyed it.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Acid One It was good as always.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm smoking a Fuente Flor Fina that our old friend Duty sent me, a year or more ago.

If you're out there somewhere, reading along, doody, this one's for you. Raises lighter.
    Earlier I lit up a Man O' War Virtue toro that was calling to me, very nice cigar, the flavors seem like a cross between an ESV and a Sol Cubano Conn. with something extra thrown in. Later on I had a Bolivar petit corona, tight draw but excellent flavor.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a Graycliff 1666 torpedo last night. I think I am convinced that the 1666 is not for me. The stick had about 6 months of rest on it. The burn was good, but the flavors were quite "blah."
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a Rocky Patel R4 last night.. very tasty stick, I'll be getting a box of these
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Gurkha Nepalese Warrior (second of two from the Gurkha sampler I got a few months ago).

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the first of these due to both the flavor and some serious wrapper issues. The second one is treating me a whole lot better in the flavor department and I'm coming to like this stick. However, the wrapper issues are still present. I would be concerned that it's my Humi doing it but it's spot-on. Plus I just had a RyJ Reserve Maduro a few nights ago that was perfect.

• sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I have a bunch of R4's w about 18 months in the humi if you are interested in doing a trade.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    sdip:
    I have a bunch of R4's w about 18 months in the humi if you are interested in doing a trade.
    PM sent sdip
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today
    Cuba Libre x2 (not bad)
    Padilla Obsidian (what were they thinking?)
    Cu-avana Intenso (always pleasing)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My return to the cigar smoking season and to these forums call for a Gurkha Centurian Perfecto from almost 2 years ago... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    and back to you
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Regular MOW Robusto
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Macanudo 1968 Trumpeta, only time for 1 smoke today.