Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Lasabar:
    My return to the cigar smoking season and to these forums call for a Gurkha Centurian Perfecto from almost 2 years ago... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    There ya go, muchacho.

Just lit up a Man o' War Virtue torpedo.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Smoked me a Padron 1964 Imperial Maduro at the Local B&M tonight with a few of my Buddy's Ive Met while hanging out there... We had One hell of a Herf....... 6 guys all smoking Great sticks, Looking over all the stuff The Owners Son brought Back from the Masters... The owners Of The B&m I go to's Son Caddys for Nick Whatney..... He did real Good at the Masters this year 7th Place with a Final round 65.

By the way the Padron was stellar I love those sticks!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Cain Maduro..The strength of this one is Super full. Nice flavor, great burn, and construction, but be warned, Not for the weak. The first cigar in a long time to make me dizzy, and I smoke almost every day.
    urbino:
    Lasabar:
    My return to the cigar smoking season and to these forums call for a Gurkha Centurian Perfecto from almost 2 years ago... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    There ya go, muchacho.

Just lit up a Man o' War Virtue torpedo.
    Pretty underwhelming, I have to say. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's not much right with it, either.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 blue robusto for breakfast. I just cant get enough of the 601's. Having the robusto nowhere near as good as the toro. Still an amazing smoke. I like the green but prefer the blue and red from this line.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Liga Privada T52 last night, but something was up with it... It didn't taste like the others I have had :-( A little while after that I lit up a 5 Vegas CS II. By this point I was pretty hammered and couldn't really taste too mich, or even remember that I had a cigar lit so it kept going out. I let it go out and just went to bed planning to light it up again this morning. Well, I lit it up but it must have gotten stale overnight. I guess last night was a lesson...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a 5vegas miami knuckle... what a smoke!

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    San Cristobal from May of 2001, paired with a Keith's IPA. Not a bad combo for a snowy Saturday afternoon. (yes, it's snowing again in the north :( )

After munching a couple of Pepperidge Farms Milano Double Chocolate cookies with my coffee, I'm fittin' to light up a Hemingway Classic on this breezy Saturday afternoon.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Smoked me a Padron 1964 Imperial Maduro at the Local B&M tonight with a few of my Buddy's Ive Met while hanging out there... We had One hell of a Herf....... 6 guys all smoking Great sticks, Looking over all the stuff The Owners Son brought Back from the Masters... The owners Of The B&m I go to's Son Caddys for Nick Whatney..... He did real Good at the Masters this year 7th Place with a Final round 65.

By the way the Padron was stellar I love those sticks!
    Ozzie one of my favorites.

Last night did an LFD Air Bender, Chisel Maduro, and a 262 robusto. Today my throat is a little dry and sore. So I will only have 2! Thinking about what to have next.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    stephen_hannibal:

Stephen how does it stack up to the torpedo or the robusto? How long did you smoke that stick? Sorry I'm a fan of 5 vegas & miami is a great stick.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Oliva Serie O Maduro - Very nice stick. Beautiful day today. Must have another just need to decide what to have.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a MOW Virtue tonight.....just finished it up....I like it but much prefer the habano to the conny
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's sticks: Cuba Libre, IT SF Maduro, LHCOF
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:

Stephen how does it stack up to the torpedo or the robusto? How long did you smoke that stick? Sorry I'm a fan of 5 vegas & miami is a great stick.

Hmmm I've got a few of the torps I'll smoke them and let you know.
    As to the burn time I smoked it for about an hour then I had to go into work.
    Could have easly gotten another 30mins out of it.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    cu-avana intenso...had never tried one and had been hanging on to this one for about a year or so. For some reason I just wasn't excited about this at all, but it was great. Full and complex flavors, lots of spice, which I love...very nice.
    Luko:
    cu-avana intenso...had never tried one and had been hanging on to this one for about a year or so. For some reason I just wasn't excited about this at all, but it was great. Full and complex flavors, lots of spice, which I love...very nice.
    I haven't had one of these in a while, I might have to pull on out tonight... The Intenso is a phenominal cigar for the money, one of my favorites and you cen get them for like $2 a piece! I really love these things and I plan on buying another box in the very near future as I am almost out.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am a big fan of the Intenso, the torpedo seems to be the best.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Had a Park Avenue and Gurkha Regent. I really enjoyed the Park Avenue sitting by the fire on the deck.
    fla-gypsy:
    The torp is definitely my favorite size...

I ended up grabbing an Alec Bradley MAXX. It was just calling my name when I opened up the cooler. This was my firsy MAXX and I must say, I was very dissapointed. There wasn't much flavor to speak of and it took about 3 strong draws to get enough smoke to be worth it. I have a few more in various sizes and I guess I will let them chill for a while and revisit in a couple months..? I may have to find something to make up for this one tonight........
    An Upmann.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    La Gloria Cubana Artisenes, JDN Antano, Flor de Ybor City
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I don't turn 30 until Wednesday, but my wife threw me a surprise party today. Everyone took off around 9pm (lots of kids) so right now I'm outside by myself enjoying a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic that my dad brought over for me. I'm getting flavors out of this that I've never tasted before.
    Happy early birthday, sir.

Having a Monte White. This one was so plugged I had to take the paperclip to it, which split the wrapper, dammit. First time I've ever had a problem like that with a Monte. It's smoking okay, though.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    fla-gypsy:
    The torp is definitely my favorite size...

I ended up grabbing an Alec Bradley MAXX. It was just calling my name when I opened up the cooler. This was my firsy MAXX and I must say, I was very dissapointed. There wasn't much flavor to speak of and it took about 3 strong draws to get enough smoke to be worth it. I have a few more in various sizes and I guess I will let them chill for a while and revisit in a couple months..? I may have to find something to make up for this one tonight........
    I had my first regular MAXX tonight. I'm with ya, not a lot of flavor, not the greatest stick. I had the FIXX size. I had a MAXX Brazilian a couple weeks ago and it was a million times better. Much more body and spice due to the Brazilian wrapper. I suggest trying that one.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Finally a 4 stick day! Started with a Gurkha Cuban Legacy...pretty decent for 2.50 and the fact that it IS a gurkha...its in my budget stick rotation. Tehn had a NUB Cameroon...eh, not so much. Next up was a 5 vegas miami...good as always and ended with a AB Harvest Selection '97...jury is still out on that one...it started off great then about halfway through it got real mellow and didnt change at all from there. Good, bt not what i was expecting.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Had a ISOM Punch from the year 2000 today. What a nice smoke! Friend hooked me up, has a whole box.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    2 stick day for me. First up was a MOW Virtue lonsdale and it was fan-freakin-tastic! Perfect construction, draw, razor sharp burn, awesome smoke output, and super tasty. I'm really digging this blend and I've only tried the robusto and lonsdale so far, but the lonsdale is getting my vote so far for top honors. Can't wait to get to the other sizes! Second up to bat was a 5 Vegas AAA. It was really good as well. The additional rest they've gotten since the last one I smoked (6 weeks ago or so) have really done it good. It was a bit mellower in the spice department, nice and meaty, and a nice hint of sweetness. Great night with 2 great AJ blends :^)
  • LCarLCar Posts: 57
    jihiggs:
    yes, the cigar.com cuban label is very good.
    I have to agree. Very good flavor. Great deal for the price...Tonight I am going to try a Tabak Especial. I'm not sure what to expect from it, but I'm still looking forward to it.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Torp is what I had and I'm sold...haven't had any other vitolas to compare but torp's a winner. I must say, the intenso wrapper looked great and it was well-constructed. Great bargain like ejenne said.