Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a padilla obsidian tonight, gave it 50 minutes until I had to put it down. the draw, burn and smoke output were just fine, but the flavors just weren't doing it for me. just not my style of cigar I guess
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    After one of the worst days at work I have had in a long time I just finished up sitting in the garage listening to Dark Side of the Moon and smoking a Padron 3000 Maduro. It was exactly what I needed after the type of day I had. Truely a great smoke I am going to have to get some more of these.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
    You shout and no one seems to hear.
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The number one selling album of all time... with a padron - sounds good. :)

Camacho '62 today and am having a cain with Chimay ale tonight..
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Oliva V - after chatting with Tumbler about these, had to dig one out. Paired with some Buffalo Trace. This is one that still has a "wow" factor for me every time!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    A 5Vegas Miami ..............................so tasty .................... I nubbed it
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Well it won't be tonight but when I came off of my 7 nights of mid shift Monday morning, after back to back 12's, I enjoyed a nice 5 Vegas Series ’A’ Apostle. Perfect way to end a long week.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    ljl:
    Oliva V - after chatting with Tumbler about these, had to dig one out. Paired with some Buffalo Trace. This is one that still has a "wow" factor for me every time!
    Diddo with the V...had sum gobble gobble (wild turkey) with it though. Love that cigar...glad I have a few more.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Fuente 8-5-8 on Saturday and finished it Sunday. I still like this cigar but nowhere as much as I used to. My tastes have changed a lot since then. I need to pick up a few of the 8-5-8 maduros and see if I still like them. I'm leaning towards stronger cigars now but nothing too strong. However, with that said the Cain F wasn't too strong for me and I enjoyed it but an OpusX really kicks my ass still.

Today I am smoking a Upmann Demitasse. An old to go favorite. I think I am gravitating towards Sumatra more and more and away from Cameroon.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays selections, 5 Vegas Classic, SCCC, LHCOF, Graycliff 1666 PG
    Went out and had a nightcap, a MOW, love that AJ stuff.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I got in a Gurkha regent on the way home from work. Yuck! I don't like these anymore.
    bigharpoon:
    I got in a Gurkha regent on the way home from work. Yuck! I don't like these anymore.
    ditto not the greatest
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    ISOM Cohiba Seleccion Reserva from a full presentation humidor of 30 cigars dated Dec of 2002. What a smoke! It paired well with a glass of 12 year old Scotch. This was the first stick from the box and it won't be my last!!!

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a La Herencia Cubana this afternoon, tight draw but lots of smoke....was ok but not a standout for me...
    camgfs:
    ISOM Cohiba Seleccion Reserva from a full presentation humidor of 30 cigars dated Dec of 2002. What a smoke! It paired well with a glass of 12 year old Scotch. This was the first stick from the box and it won't be my last!!!

Nice!
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Just had a little Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos with my single malt . What a nice little tasty sucker, didnt know that small cigars taste that good!
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Graycliff 1666 Pirate Torpedo on the ride home, and a Nestor Miranda Special Collection Maduro Ruky on the deck tonite.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Padilla Achilles
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today, from the archives of my humidor came a Nording. I dont remember how long I've had this one but at least a couple years now. I love this stick and it is one of my favorites. Pleasing in every way. I need to get more and start aging them, as I am running out.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gran Habano #1 this has become my morning smoke.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Perdomo 10th Champagne. Delicious and smooth. Fairly mild, but great slightly sweet woody flavor.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    On the way home I had a Camacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild ROTFT. A really meaty smoke. There is not much by Camacho I don't like. I am going to have to let the rest - rest. There was a discussion a while back re-visited by Kuzi. If you were limited to three brands. I wasn't sure at the time - three is such so small a number. I am still not sure - but at the moment it would have to be

Camacho
    Tat
    LFD/AF/Ashton

Nevermind...

Smoking a Tat P at the moment - not bad for their economical choice.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm having a La Cuna Bin 1720. Big ol' churchill. It's a little bit plugged, but it's starting to loosen up.
    just enjoyed a nice cao gold maduro robusto whilst studying for my crop physiology exam tomorrow... made the studying a lot more fun... probably gonna light up another on the second round
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    urbino:
    I'm having a La Cuna Bin 1720. Big ol' churchill. It's a little bit plugged, but it's starting to loosen up.
    Oh, yeah. This guy opened up perfectly. Great, sweet flavor, too. I haven't smoked one of these in a while, so it was kind of like discovering them all over again.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Just had a Gurkha Empire Series 3...good stick...i didnt get a whole lot of flavors outa it but still good....the last third is by far the strongest in my book to date...dont know why...but dang did i stand up and sit right back down! lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wish I hadn't wasted my time smoking anything today, three cigars were all but wasted on account of me getting over a flu bug combined with allergies. Suffice to say I didn't taste a whole lot, so I may as well have been smoking Swishers. Among the wasted: Perdomo ESV '91 Phantom, Padron 1964 Imperial habano (tear), Tatuaje T110 (double tear)
    Had a Padilla Achilles this morning, very enjoyable
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Made the mistake of trying an Albion this morning. YUCK. Horrible taste in my mouth now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Made the mistake of trying an Albion this morning. YUCK. Horrible taste in my mouth now.
    hope you didnt ruin your palate for the rest of the day (if not more) good luck
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today im heading out to the porch to smoke an El Tiante Maduro Churchill. Filler: Habano Nicaragua and San Andres Mexico Binder: Sumatra Mexico Wrapper: Nicaragua

this cigar is made by Red Sox Legend Luis Tiant and has been sitting in my humidor since3-14-08
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiant was also a pitcher for the Indians