Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Just had a Graycliff G2, great medium bodied stick.. ash held on for 3 INCHES! impressive.. Ill be getting a box of these for sure
  • Options
    rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    Tonight was a Padilla Sig 1932 robusto for my drive home from work. Was overall very pleased. Padilla will remain one of my top picks.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Today I got surprised to discover one of the best cigars I've had yet. An RP Signature lancero. It was fantastic in every way. Perfect burn, draw, great smoke output, and uber tasty! I didn't know what to expect when I went to smoke this one and got blown away! Rich, slightly spicy, creamy, cedary, an occasional hint of citrus, it was awesome! I'm really glad it wasn't my only one and I'll be on the lookout for more. The first real cigar I ever smoked was this stick in a toro and it could've been my lack of experience, but it didn't do much for me. Tonight was a Diesel, great as always.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I hung out at Wise Ash for several hours yesterday on my day off. Willie Herrera, the owner of El Titan de Bronze along with Sean Williams, the owner of El Primer Mundo were there. Willie passed out samples of a new cigar he is making for someone else. I smoked a Caibaiguan, followed by an El Triunfador.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Perdomo Habano Connecticut Robusto, as part two of my Gordo/ Robusto comparison.

The Gordo is by far superior in terms of creaminess and smoke output.
    The robusto has more of the standard Connecticut shade spice.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Last night I had a Gurkha Empire VI, and a NUB Habano.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cain F today so far.....definately had some punch and about half way through I got quite hungry so smoked it on a bit of an empty stomach which was irritating and took away from my enjoyment....have another I will revisit in a couple months with some rest on it
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    smoked an LFD Carajos Oscuro this morning on the way to class... AMAZING!!! Thanks so much sandman for this one and the other i have waiting. I was late to class because it was soo good and i didnt want to put it out... it had a 1/4" left when i finally put it down. thank the lord for paper clips!! Now if i could only find a way to get more...
  • Options
    I just finished a 13th floor unbanded sample. I got it from Willie Herrera of El Titan de Bronze. It was incredible. He blended it for a B&M owner in Arizona. It should be available soon, and I look forward to many more.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today started off with a Nub Habano 464T at 6am, followed by a LHC at 9:15. Lunch found me with a LHCOF and had a IT SF Maduro on the way home from work.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Last night I had a Gurkha Empire VI, and a NUB Habano.

What was the Empire VI like, I have one calling me in the box.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Screw this damn cold. It's nice out, and I'm bored. I'm smokin' a stogie!

And the winner is: Ashton.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Camacho Coyolar... man, I love all things Camacho.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Cut loose Urbi! Perhaps you should really take a jump and fire up one of those Black Tubo Tats you got hiding. :) I am not working tomorrow - celebration enough (besides being a Wednesday) to fire up another one mine and check out the burn. :)
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    kaspera79:

what size kasper? +1 one on the Camacho love...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hector?
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    Cut loose Urbi! Perhaps you should really take a jump and fire up one of those Black Tubo Tats you got hiding. :) I am not working tomorrow - celebration enough (besides being a Wednesday) to fire up another one mine and check out the burn. :)
    Yeah, I need to do that, Tum. I think I want to wait until all my tasting/smelling gear is working properly, though. No sense wasting one.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Hector?
    as is Hector "Macho" Comacho?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Hector?
    as is Hector "Macho" Comacho?
    The very same.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:

what size kasper? +1 one on the Camacho love...
    Well, Tumbler, Most often I have the Robusto / Monarca size, and Urbi, Hector might be the only exception to my Camacho love.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    La Traviata Radiante size 6 x 52. Very tight draw, 2nd cut still tight,even tried a paper clip to open er up but...tasty as ever so I stuck wih it. Hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Because of the thread started earlier today, I decided to grab a Padilla Habano for my 30th b-day smoke. I have some really nice cigars that I was debating on for this day, but for some reason I went with this. So far, I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    I had a Macanudo 1968 to finish off a great day off.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    jihiggs:
    yes, the cigar.com cuban label is very good.
    I'm gonna have to try 1 (or more) of those. I usually stay away from those "Value brands". had bad experiences in the past with Thompson Mata Hari, Capa #! etc.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    It's getting late, am going to have to find something short and sweet - old favorite Hoyo sabrosos or Padron Londres, been sleeping for 7 years, delicious !!!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    MrMoke:
    jihiggs:
    yes, the cigar.com cuban label is very good.
    I'm gonna have to try 1 (or more) of those. I usually stay away from those "Value brands". had bad experiences in the past with Thompson Mata Hari, Capa #! etc.
    There aren't too many good experiences with Thompson in general. If you read about the ccom house blends, you will find out that they are made by the best of the best. They are not long filler, but for the price you can't beat it. They burn slow and consistent. E-mail the staff and I'm sure they can work a deal on a sampler for you.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas A Artisan - stick burnt perfectly and slow...to slow. Or maybe I just take my time smoking them. Had to let it burn out with a lttle less than third left. Need better time management.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Padilla Habano churchill tonight, always a solid cigar.
  • Options
    bushwoodbushwood Posts: 31
    I thoroughly enjoyed a 262 Paradigm whilst reading Peter Hathaway Capstick's "Death in the Silent Places". What a great writer. I have all his videos, too. Cool dude. Gone too soon... I have to say that The 262 Paradigm from SmokeTheRevolution.com is one of the great new cigars. If you haven't tried one, do so. Contact Jerry Ernst there for a very pleasurable experience, indeed. It helps to add to the experience with a dram or two of a good single malt...
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I love Capstick! "Death in the Long Grass" was the first hardcover book I spent my own money on as a young lad. I still have it and read it probably once a year.