Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    MOW Robusto. I have a good stock of these, and love them, so I decided to try my V-Cutter for the first time on one. Interesting cut, not sure it affected the flavor at all, but it may have caused some uneven burning.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Padilla Habano churchill after work, great smoke. Later on I lit up a Fuente Don Carlos #4 with 2 years of box aging on it, fantastic cigar, it's amazing how much they change.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Perdomo Habano Connecticut... a very sweet creamy cigar.

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Had my first 5 Vegas classic last night and was really impressed.

I have another in the humi to confirm my initial assesment, but this one is definitely getting ordered in bulk as a go-to.
  • Options
    brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    5 Vegas Gold. Not really a fan, it's my last one and I'm not to upset to see it go. Draw is way to loose for me.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    ah, so they get even better. number 2 is my fave. how long do you generally let them rest b4 smoking, any don carlos... dumb question how do you guys keep track of when you started ageing them?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    TatuajeVI:
    In case you missed the link, alex. here you go
    you just went from a saint to a god in one post!!
    I don't believe this is physically or spiritually possible, but you're welcome!

I had my first Hoya de Nicaragua Antano last night (courtesy of Joe!) and loved it! Slow smoke, really rich and dark flavors. Can't wait to try out the Dark Corojo. I'll stop on my way home at a local B&M and hope they have them.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Perdomo Reserve Oscuro and maybe a bahia trinidad
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a My Father No. 1 last night. Really good smoke. Tonight, if I have time, I'm going to have an Illusione MK
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Had a montecristo white rothschild. Had the no.3 last week and thougt it was much tastier.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a Flor de Gonzalez Q-Ban Fuerte. I'm satisfied but did not have that wow factor.
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    Had a Siglo No VI that I got in a trade with a co-worker this week. I know it has a bad rap because of the wrapping made to look like the Cuban Cohibas but aside from the infamy it's not a bad smoke. Nice burn, great ash and lasted nearly 2 hours.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Kristoff Maduro... Very very good cigar... review will come tomorrow... but really good and enjoyable!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    My one and only today was a Cain F, total powerhouse! have a box on the way....
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    ****, my throat hurts...FU€K this! Wish I could taste anything, but I am having one in the morning regardless. Had a 5 vegas series a earlier and this one had NO burn issues. Actually, it was damn near an 8/10
  • Options
    bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    First post.

Had a Olivia Nub. The connecticut lead. So much punch in such a little cigar. Was going to fire up my Reo. Why aren't they making cigars anymore?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bluezulu:
    First post. Had a Olivia Nub. The connecticut lead. So much punch in such a little cigar. Was going to fire up my Reo. Why aren't they making cigars anymore?

Welcome to the forum, and i agree with you, i really really like the REO. I had known they were going to stop making it i owuld have stocked up. Tonight was a Man o' War followed by a La Traviata...i'm really liking these.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Jetmech_63:
    bluezulu:
    First post. Had a Olivia Nub. The connecticut lead. So much punch in such a little cigar. Was going to fire up my Reo. Why aren't they making cigars anymore?

Welcome to the forum, and i agree with you, i really really like the REO. I had known they were going to stop making it i owuld have stocked up. Tonight was a Man o' War followed by a La Traviata...i'm really liking these.

I hear you on those La Traviatas, they seem very good to me. I've had a few sizes now and they all seem pretty good, I have read in reviews that they're not everybody's fav. Tonight I had a Perdomo Habano Corojo which I have always found to have some great flavor, for the fist time I'm having some burn issues, usually I cut thes, tonight I punched (maybe a factor). Just seems to keep going uneven - still tastes great though!
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    Smoked a fonseco robusto from the other days daily deal last night. great smoke for the monies. started spicey then mellowed into a creamy mild smoke. very similiar to an ashton classic, but spicier. to top it off it burned so evenly. im going to let them rest few a few weeks and try again.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoked a DE Natural Root Deluxe while hang out and bbqing with my DAD. pretty good.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoked a LFD DL 7x70 last night. pretty good but not as good as a DL Maddy or even the DL 6x60. need less filler more wrapper
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today I had a 5 Vegas AAA and a 5 Vegas Miami
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    had a Sol Cubano Artisan wasn't great, wasn't horrible... after dinner it's either Paradigm 262 or another of Alex's mini-bomb La Herencia Oscuro Fuerte
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    You're slacking today. haha
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Padilla cazadores and maybe a nica libre
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Smoked a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. Had a tight draw right through but it was a very yummy smoke. First one I've had, will smoke again.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Smoked a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. Had a tight draw right through but it was a very yummy smoke. First one I've had, will smoke again.
    Not a huge maduro fan but this stick is in my rotation. Great flavors. I've never had a problem with the draw so hopefully it was just a one time thing for you.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2k8.....delicious!
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    DPG Blue and La Traviata yesterday, and La Escepcion and San Cristobal today.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    undulac:
    fla-gypsy:
    You're slacking today. haha
    It is hard to keep up that 5+ stick regimen everyday. Need to detox some on weekends and hold it to 2 sticks.