Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Had a cuavana intenso torp after work on the way to BWW. So good but I really don't think it was full bodies as I had it on an empty stomach and it didn't affect me at all. Sure was tasty though!!
    CA Intenso is one of my all time cigars, love them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Had an AB SCR last night and it was another damn fine cigar from the people at Alec Bradley! To me it reminded me of a cross between the Tempus and the Family Blend. Had some of the spicy notes that I pick up in the Tempus along with the sweetness of the Family Blend. This is one I'll have to get more of for sure! Thinking about kicking back with another smoke tonight while I watch the end of the Texas Rangers game... Not sure what to go with however.
    Is that family blend good?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Enjoyed a Perdomo Lot 23 (maduro maybe? sure didn't look like a connecticut wrapper). It was fantastic. Really a great smoke from start to finish.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    Had an AB SCR last night and it was another damn fine cigar from the people at Alec Bradley! To me it reminded me of a cross between the Tempus and the Family Blend. Had some of the spicy notes that I pick up in the Tempus along with the sweetness of the Family Blend. This is one I'll have to get more of for sure! Thinking about kicking back with another smoke tonight while I watch the end of the Texas Rangers game... Not sure what to go with however.
    In my opinion it's the best smoke AB puts out today. I liked it better than the Tempus and it's in my top 10 smokes. Pretty impressive to me.
  • Options
    Sounds good, I got an email about them. I really liked the tempus but haven't smoke the SCR yet. I'll have to give them a whirl then. have you had the new release or just the first?
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had a great smoke from a local cigar bar in Miami that coachjamie sent me. Good solid cigar with lots of smoke.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    brotheradam:
    Had a great smoke from a local cigar bar in Miami that coachjamie sent me. Good solid cigar with lots of smoke.
    ~~~ Yo Jeff, those locally availble cigars can be eye openers... glad you had a really good one! Hope all is well with you and look forward to the next so cal herf you can make! Regards, Tim
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Gurkha Park Ave. Enjoyed it a lot. Surprisingly flavorful for a "mild", smoked it to the nub.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Sounds good, I got an email about them. I really liked the tempus but haven't smoke the SCR yet. I'll have to give them a whirl then. have you had the new release or just the first?
    The new release of the SCR? The one I had was from the Daily deal from a month or two ago. Didn't let it rest as long as I normally would, but couldn't resist anymore. I'm glad I gave in. I've had many of the Tempus and several of the Family Blend. I'm thinking about getting a box of the Family Blend soon.

I fired up a Xikar Defiance, the last one in my humidor. It was a lonsdale and a fantastic smoke as always! I wish I had bought a box of these when I first found them! I know it's a very similar blend in the new HC Criollo, but I've had it and it's just not quite the same. I'm glad my B&M has several singles of these left!
  • Options
    OrangeOrange Posts: 18
    La Carolina Robusto

Not too shabby, as a newb I had never heard of Cuban Crafters until I bought my Humidor. But I have enjoyed the last couple of smokes I have had from them. I think I might buy some more from them.

I will not attempt any reviews until I am a more seasoned smoker though

La Carolina Robusto
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold last night....
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Tried out the Renaissance last night. Really well constructed, might be the best burn of any cigar I've ever had. Aroma was ok, had a bit of that barnyard smell I don't care for. The flavor was typical of a Sumatran wrapper, maybe a little sweetness of the front end. Overall it was good, but not great. There are other Sumatrans that are better smokes and cheaper that make them a much more attractive choice for me.
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    Hope that was a long smoke...that was a 4 hour game :)
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    TGO:
    brotheradam:
    ~~~ Yo Jeff, those locally availble cigars can be eye openers... glad you had a really good one! Hope all is well with you and look forward to the next so cal herf you can make! Regards, Tim
    Can't wait to get back down there Tim, probably June is the next time I'll get down.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    had a diesel this morning on the way to breakfast. good stuff! honestly, i cant find a cigar that knocks me on my ass...
  • Options
    havlow:
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    Hope that was a long smoke...that was a 4 hour game :)
    I didn't light up till the 7th inning and it was pretty close! lol
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Perdomo Habano Maduro... damn this is good.

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    j. fuego 777 corojo... pretty tasty.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    stephen_hannibal:

Huh, I smoked one today, too. It started out really fantastic, but I had to put it down halfway through. Got really bitter for some reason. Sad, this is normally a great stick.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    262 Paradigm and something for a nightcap just not sure what yet,
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    stephen_hannibal:

Huh, I smoked one today, too. It started out really fantastic, but I had to put it down halfway through. Got really bitter for some reason. Sad, this is normally a great stick.

Sorry man... maybe my coffee masked it. but it tasted great.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a Graycliff Turbo shortly....
  • Options
    Smoking a ITC 10th.... kinda meahtastic.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    SCCC, Carlos Torano Dominico, Bahia Maduro, Arganese ML3, Don Kiki Brown Label
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    CCOM Forum Blend Maduro.... mmmmm... envy me! ;)
  • Options
    DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    C.COM Red label
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom brazilia label
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Renaissance_Man:
    CCOM Forum Blend Maduro.... mmmmm... envy me! ;)
    I do... A$$wipe :D haha just messin
  • Options
    I had a un-named gurkha sent by Jsnake this morning, just had a gold old school label on it. I've never had it before so it couldn't have been more than a few sticks. I liked it actually, pretty tasty for a morning smoke. Sort of mild but the draw could have been better.
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    I'm enjoying the RP 1992 Vintage Robusto. I'm really digging this stick. Good construction (I've heard some ups and downs on the wrapper), great even smoke and a great draw. I may pick a few more up over at my local B&M later on this week.