Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Sencillo. New release (think it hit stores third week of April) from Keith Park of Prometheus cigars. About halfway through it right now, and it reminds me a lot of an AJ Signature. Lot of spice through the nose, and a very earthy, leathery flavor with a long finish. There is a slight citrus to it which is nice, but I only pick it up every other draw or so. It's putting out a TON of smoke and has a good draw. Only had it in the humi a week, but I think I need to pick up some more and put them to rest for about six months or so.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    First up today was a Casa Torano maduro lancero, nice maduro flavor in a medium bodied cigar. Later came a Graycliff Blue toro, excellent flavor for the first half then it started getting bitter and very tight, so I let it die. Ended my night with an excellent cigar, a Davidoff 2000, something about the blending style employed really speaks to me, the only thing I didn't like about this cigar was that it ended. :)
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just had a ccom brazilian, draw was a little tight, so had to cut off a lil bit. It was ok, I mean, for $2, cant go wrong. Have one more, might have some better luck with it. Smoked half of it and tossed it cause draw kept gettin tight and tired of sucking. Will try the other one ..
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    stephen_hannibal:
    TatuajeVI:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Perdomo Habano Maduro... damn this is good.

Huh, I smoked one today, too. It started out really fantastic, but I had to put it down halfway through. Got really bitter for some reason. Sad, this is normally a great stick.

Sorry man... maybe my coffee masked it. but it tasted great.

nah, I don't think your coffee masked anything. It's normally a great stick, I think I just got a bad one.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Camacho 1962 torp. Pretty good. Not as complex as I would have liked. Left me thirsty. Definitely good enough to revisit though.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    fla-gypsy:
    SCCC, Carlos Torano Dominico, Bahia Maduro, Arganese ML3, Don Kiki Brown Label

How are those Bahia red labels? I keep meaning to try them. Enjoying the heck out of a 5v classic myself. It's a box press toro and it's going great!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    just smoked a gurkha legend vulcan perfecto, I figure I'm done with another school year, what better way to celebrate? Good stick, bit of a burn problem but the flavors were good, summer here I come!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    ljl:
    fla-gypsy:
    SCCC, Carlos Torano Dominico, Bahia Maduro, Arganese ML3, Don Kiki Brown Label

How are those Bahia red labels? I keep meaning to try them. Enjoying the heck out of a 5v classic myself. It's a box press toro and it's going great!
    I did a short review of the Bahia Red, it is a bargain stick with good flavor. It is over in "ratings and reviews"
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 green for breakfast. Its good but Im always surprised this is the favorite 601 for most. I think the blue n red blow it away. Still darn good, this one has over a month rest.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Having a Diesel this morning, rest did this stick well!!!!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a Ruination last night. I love Ruination.
  • Options
    bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Man I love the blue moon winter ale. Throw an orange wedge in there and I am good.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    bluezulu:
    Man I love the blue moon winter ale. Throw an orange wedge in there and I am good.
    Yeah I agree the summer one is really good too... Last thing I smoked was a Backwoods.
    A little upset that I used to like these....

• Options
    bluezulu:

Hmm are you sure you mean the winter version and not the regular? The winter ale is a Belgian Dubbel which would be very odd to put fruit in. The regular Blue Moon is a Belgian wit which some like to add orange or lemon slices.

If you like the winter get your hands on a real Belgian dubbel. I reccomend ST.Bernardus Prior 8 or Pater 6. Westmalle Dubbel or Ommegang Abbey Dubbel. These beers wil blow your mind.

Really want to go outside and have another smoke but the niece is coming over to play Rockband oh well.
  • Options
    DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    Tried an Acid Kuba Kuba today. Of course I'm new and don't have a good pallet developed, but I actually liked it.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Will be firing up a 5 Vegas Gold shortly
  • Options
    Banner stick day
    0530- AB Sungrown (first time, tasty stick)
    0800- Bahia Maduro (you guys need to try these low cost sticks, they are good)
    1000- Arganese ML3
    1230- DPG Blue Label
    1600- RP Sungrown
    1900- CI Legends Yellow Label (DPG)
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Went with an Arganese conn churchill tonight. Enjoying it alot more than the first one. DDnot long ago. good smoke, great price!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Started my day with a Nicarao which was nice and tasty, had a Gurkha something rather... would have to find my order sheet to see which one it was since nothing on the band or cello said anything... I will for sure be having a nightcap tonight just not sure what yet.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Banner stick day
    1000- Arganese ML3
    1230- DPG Blue Label
    1600- RP Sungrown
    wow, that's a few cigars, congrats.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    fla-gypsy:
    Banner stick day
    1000- Arganese ML3
    1230- DPG Blue Label
    1600- RP Sungrown
    wow, that's a few cigars, congrats.
    Yeah I was busy for sure, will need to detox by Saturday
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Started my day with a Nicarao which was nice and tasty, had a Gurkha something rather... would have to find my order sheet to see which one it was since nothing on the band or cello said anything... I will for sure be having a nightcap tonight just not sure what yet.
    The Nicarao is an excellent cigar, I still have 2 from a box purchase many months ago down in the bowels of my humidor. I missed a chance to buy a box last week for $39, but already spent too much money.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Damn gysy can' touch that. I was off today.

2- man of war ruination #1. Good Good smoke. I wasn't so enamored as everyone was in the beginning, but they have been sitting about a year and have really come into their own. If I have a top 5 go to - this would be one of 'em. Have some virtures coming. We'll see how they go.

Ashton VSG robusto

Padilla Miami. - The ruination was my first and will be my last.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    This morning I had a delicious 5 vegas classic robusto (great as always). After class, I had a padilla Achilles which was surprisingly tasty. After that I had another cuavana intenso torpedo. Great day!!
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Oh wait I had an Oliva V today also. Wasn't as good as the Mow. I think I am tasting some Honduran there. I guess Nicaurga is close. Ecudor not so much.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padilla Dominus robusto. Now I remember why I love cigars. Flavor profiles like this one make it worth the damage I may or may not be doing to my body. Deeeeelicious.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Decided to sit out back and smoke my first Camacho Triple Maduro and listen to the game tonight. Great smoke but thank you Cavs for killing a good night.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Had a La Paloma Vintage reserve.. uber mild, not much flavor at all.. good burn and draw though, and the smoke output was nice.. not sure what I'm gonna have later..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    First up today was a Gurkha Empire I that I got in my movie trivia pack, and it was tasty...I don't know that I'd buy more, but I did enjoy it. Later was a Camacho Select churchill, these are starting to come around after a few months of rest, which is good because the first couple were very underwhelming. Last up was a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 which was pretty dang good, it did develop a little tar buildup but a re-cut fixed that and I nubbed it.
  • Options
    Just finished a 601 blue nothin short of amazing. If the price on these is really supposed drop quite a bit and blending and production stayin with Pepin, Im going to be one happy cigar lover.