Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    just finished up a punch champion, not the usual punch experience, flavors were meh, but a decent smoke.. ash held on all the way to the nub.. not bad but not outstanding
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Padilla obsidian, I'm not getting any draw / burn issues at all on this one (I've read that you fellas have been having a problem with this). If anything I would say construction is the highlight of the one I'm having. I usually love maduros - this one is hitting me as run of the mill so far flavor wise. Like it OK, just no wow factor. For the price, I'd stick to Achilles.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a bit of a disappointing cigar night tonight. I wanted to smoke something fantastic, so I grabbed a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 first. It was packed REALLY loose. Draw was waaay too easy and unfortunately the flavors were just not there. I've heard such fantastic things about this cigar, too. I had to put her down after trying to get through 45 minutes of it. So next up was the Oliva Series V Maduro 2009. It was a good cigar, but imho not worth the price tag. Nice consistent flavor, but it was just an average cigar. This was my second of the V Maduro and neither really were all that memorable.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had my first Vegas Cubanas last night and I was very impressed. Lots of spice and sweetness with a floral quality to it. Must get more.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had one of my Don Arturo Gran Anniversario Sun Grown last night. THis cigar was really good. The last inch got really bad and bitter but before that it was great. Not worth $60 but still really good. It dd keep going out. I had to relight a few times. Maybe 5. Part of that may have been my fault. I was talking so I couldn't give it all the attention it needed. After that I finished with a Between the Lines. This one had a decent draw but the burn started off bad and burned down one side. I fixed and it was better. There is something about this cigar I can't put my finger on. It is a hemingway but it doesn't have a cameroon warpper in the mix. It is connie and maduro. So, it is more full bodied and full flavored than a normal hemingway but tastes completely different too! Not worth the $25 - $30 I paid but worth maybe $12 - $15.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoking a Sol Cubano Artisan... wow underwhelming.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Was able to fit in a Cain Maduro the other night. Glad i brought my own smokes up here to WA...i thought CA tobacco was expensive....HA!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Was able to fit in a Cain Maduro the other night. Glad i brought my own smokes up here to WA...i thought CA tobacco was expensive....HA!
    Where in WA are you right now?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Smoking a Sol Cubano Artisan... wow underwhelming.

Just entered the final third. Now I see what Cabi was talking about, not very good.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MoW ruination.
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    Tried an Alec Bradley Maxx (The Fix) this afternoon. I was hesitant based on the mixed reviews, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Good construction, even burn and smoke and didn't burn as hot as others have mentioned. I'm always happy when I get more than an hour's worth of smoke so I may get a few more. Anyone else have input on this brand?
  • Options
    Man 2 strikes today... first the Sol Cubano Artisan and now the Arganese ML3.
    This thing took off like a rocket. 5 mins into it I was at the half way point.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    This morning I had a delicious 5 vegas classic robusto (great as always). After class, I had a padilla Achilles which was surprisingly tasty. After that I had another cuavana intenso torpedo. Great day!!
    Was that Achilles one I sent you? It is a surprisingly tasty cigar. I bought a box of them in the fall for like $40. I love sending them out in trades cause they are something most would ignore, and they happen to be really, really cheap. :)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    0530- Cu-avana original
    0830- 5 Vegas Miami
    1200- DPG CC (best one yet)
    1530- CI Legends Yellow label (DPG) Very nice for a store brand, definitely DPG blend all the way
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    stephen_hannibal:
    Man I HATE when it burns that quick...might as well light the cash you spent on it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a bummer, I have never had a short ML3, they always seem to last longer than expected and burn very slow including the Robusto. Must have been a bum stick.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Torano Signature toro right now. Not bad, has a nice maduro chocolate type flavor. Not the usual Nica puro I usually smoke but good.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    So far a 5 Vegas classic and an ESV '91. Now that the wife is out for happy hour followed by ladies night, I'm quit sure the list will grow. Not to mention its the first time in two weeks its been nice enough to be outside here in MN!!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Thats a bummer, I have never had a short ML3, they always seem to last longer than expected and burn very slow including the Robusto. Must have been a bum stick.
    havlow:
    Man I HATE when it burns that quick...might as well light the cash you spent on it.
    Yeah I had to go with the old fall back smoke the Puros Indios Special Age... Perfect.

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I havent decided just yet but I am thinking Camacho Connie toro or maybe a AB Tempus we will just have to see how I am feeling after dinner.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Dunno yet. Been trying to decide all day. Although if this ridiculous rain doesn't end by the time I get off work I won't be smoking anything :(
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Had a Pioneer Valley which was gifted from ljl and it was a nice tasting smoke. On the mild side but I really enjoyed it while I drove around in my truck. Followed it with a Sol Cubano cuban cabinet, excellent as always. I'm down to my last one...eeek!
  • Options
    chirosnowchirosnow Posts: 1
    Had a 262 Paradigm lastnight. I'm just a noob, but thats one excellent stick. Tons of flavor all the way, but as smooth as I've ever had. Thank God I have 5 more.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MOW Solomon thanks to mr. snake, my natural enemy....
  • Options
    Decided to have a nightcap at 2000 hours, a Cu-avana Intenso Robusto, it was excellent!
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Just had a DPG Cuban Classic on the patio during the thunderstorm, great smoke and a great way to wind down the day. I'll have a review up soon hopefully!
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    mrpillow:
    Just had a DPG Cuban Classic on the patio during the thunderstorm, great smoke and a great way to wind down the day. I'll have a review up soon hopefully!
    You should ;)! I am having a Casa Torano Toro at the moment...
  • Options
    Having a Gurkha Centurian right now. Great stick.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    CAO Gold Maduro Robusto. Very enjoyable, slight cocoa nuances.

My first maduro to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild, a girl.

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    RP Connie not too shabby of a stick