Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    give us a list and we can help you decide
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Cusano 18 paired maduro, and Savinelli RyR.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    illinoisgolf99:
    Sounds good man here we go: Ones I've never had that are in my humi: 5 Vegas Miami Bolivar Robusto La Gloria Robusto Macanudo Hyde Park Partagas Robusto Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 Padilla Achilles Salomon Padilla Miami Churchill Padilla Obsidian Belicoso Padilla Series ’68 Toro Padilla Signature 1932 Churchill Others in the humi: Diesel Unholy Cocktail 5 Vegas Gold 5 Vegas Classic 5 Vegas 'A' Apostle Cohiba Rubosto I actually got almost all of those, except for the 5 Vegas and Padilla's, today after I got to work! Late bday present from one of my buddies. Wish I would have had them in time to have thrown a few of them in as surprises in the trades I mailed out before work this morning.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Sounds good man here we go: Ones I've never had that are in my humi: 5 Vegas Miami Bolivar Robusto La Gloria Robusto Macanudo Hyde Park Partagas Robusto Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 Padilla Achilles Salomon Padilla Miami Churchill Padilla Obsidian Belicoso Padilla Series ’68 Toro Padilla Signature 1932 Churchill Others in the humi: Diesel Unholy Cocktail 5 Vegas Gold 5 Vegas Classic 5 Vegas 'A' Apostle Cohiba Rubosto I actually got almost all of those, except for the 5 Vegas and Padilla's, today after I got to work! Late bday present from one of my buddies. Wish I would have had them in time to have thrown a few of them in as surprises in the trades I mailed out before work this morning.
    I'd say go with either the 5 vegas miami or the DPG Cuban Classic 1979
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A Gurkha Grand Envoy for the ride home... these are some good smokes.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Enjoying a Opus X, eh it's a small ring and about 5.5 or so... Not bad, never had a skinny one before.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    CAO Soprano
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    ENFIDL:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Sounds good man here we go:

Ones I've never had that are in my humi:
    5 Vegas Miami
    Bolivar Robusto
    La Gloria Robusto
    Macanudo Hyde Park
    Partagas Robusto
    Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979
    Padilla Achilles Salomon
    Padilla Miami Churchill
    Padilla Obsidian Belicoso
    Padilla Series ’68 Toro
    Padilla Signature 1932 Churchill

Others in the humi:
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail
    5 Vegas Gold
    5 Vegas Classic
    5 Vegas 'A' Apostle
    Cohiba Rubosto

I actually got almost all of those, except for the 5 Vegas and Padilla's, today after I got to work! Late bday present from one of my buddies. Wish I would have had them in time to have thrown a few of them in as surprises in the trades I mailed out before work this morning.
    fixed it for ya!! If it was me, i would go with the 5 vegas gold in the morning followed shortly thereafter by a DPG Cuban Classic (one of my favorites), then after lunch/ in the afternoon, the 5 vegas classic, and lastly after a big dinner, a Padilla 1932 churchill (in my top 5!)

I myself had a cain f to start the day and a 5 vegas gold to end it.... kinda the opposite of most haha
  • Options
    Which did you like better the F or the regular Cain?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Which did you like better the F or the regular Cain?
    you know i havent had the regular cain. that being said, i LOVE the cain f.
  • Options
    I wasn't too into the cain, though the maduro wasn't too bad. I would like to try the F one day.
  • Options
    i think i have one left if you wanna try it.
  • Options
    hmm, we could work something out I'm sure... shoot me a pm.
    I finished my Opus and I have to say the small ring was mighty tasty. I still like the robusto's but hell of a good smoke. Got pretty strong near the end. I did have a lot of burn issues with it though. A big thanks to Rob for giving me the hook up.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Just got done smoking a 5 Vegas 'A' Apocalypse. Nice cigar for a night like tonight. Cool but not cold, crystal-clear skies with a light breeze and a Rogue Kells Irish-Style Lager.

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    I wasn't too into the cain, though the maduro wasn't too bad. I would like to try the F one day.
    the F was much better IMO. wasn't big on the regular Cain
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I smoked an Oliva G Maduro Special G, and now smoking a Tarazona. Wow... very different cigar for me, but I dig it. Thanks to Sandman for this one. I was amazed when I licked the wrapper and it tasted like sugar cane to me. I'm not normally one for any type of sweet cigar, but this one had just that hint on the finish of sugar cane, and I dig it. Anyone know where I can get some more of these?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    5 Vegas Classic.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Tried to smoke a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II last night - it was terrible so I put it out. Weird, I like this cigar normally. So I lit up a LFD Double Ligero Maduro chisel - fantastic as always.

Tonight I had a My Father Le Bijou 1922 - not good. I put it out early. Then lit up an Ambos Mundos - wonderful cigar. Need more!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    partagas black

i always seem to forget how solid this cigar is till im smoking my last one. oh well. next order ill grab a 5er
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kuzi16:
    partagas black

i always seem to forget how solid this cigar is till im smoking my last one. oh well. next order ill grab a 5er

Maybe Ill try another of these some time. All 3 Ive tried were plugged real bad.

Having a 601 red toro. Love these. I read EO is splitting with Miami Cigars in order to lower prices. I cant wait for that. I hope it extends to online sales as well as retail.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Fired up a 5 Vegas A this morning on the way in....this one sat for a couple months and seemed to open up a lot better than the other ones I had, this one just doesn't compete with the Tripple A though...
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    ljl sent me a La Aurora 1495 and I was really impressed. Thanks Larry! I am going to have a more personal relationship with La Aurora... like the kitty/titty on DD's Avatar.
  • Options
    about to light up a cu-avana intenso churchill...
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:

Well I just put down the cu-avana intenso churchill, I wasn't all that impressed with it to be honest, it was kind of bland and was definitely not full-bodied as described.. oh well, maybe it was just a dud, I'll let the other one I've got rest..
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    illinoisgolf99:
    illinoisgolf99:

Well I just put down the cu-avana intenso churchill, I wasn't all that impressed with it to be honest, it was kind of bland and was definitely not full-bodied as described.. oh well, maybe it was just a dud, I'll let the other one I've got rest..
    Dang it I was looking forward to hearing about this one. I've had one I've been sitting on for about 6mo.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    illinoisgolf99:
    illinoisgolf99:

Dang it I was looking forward to hearing about this one. I've had one I've been sitting on for about 6mo.

I wouldn't worry about it, I had a bit of a stuffy nose so maybe thats why! Mine didn't have much age on it as well
  • Options
    havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    Man I completely agree with you on the Partagas Black. It really is a great cigar for me after a long hard day. I sit on my deck, have watch a ball game and just really enjoy this stick from beginning to end. It also has a pretty significant nicotine buzz compared to other sticks I've smoked.
  • Options
    ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Posts: 283
    Fonseca Habana Seleccion
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold this afternoon, going to fire up a La Aurora 100 anos
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I had a 5 vegas classic this afternoon and will cap the evening off in the man cave with a Perdomo ESV'91 seconds.