Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    urbino:
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    Nuttin' for me, making it about 10 days in a row. Got the hatches battened down here for the tornadoes and flooding.
    good luck urbs, hope you avoid the damages...

I've been eying my Tony Soprano for quite some time, Might light it up tonight or tomorrow. Damn, I'll be down to 2 of them if I smoke one... oh well.
    Thanks, feebs. It's been a crazy 18 hrs. Lots of tornadoes and 6" to a foot of rain, depending on exactly where you are. Still pouring, and more storms on the way. I can't believe I've still got power and cable. Less than ideal smoking weather.

Think of me while you enjoy that Soprano!
    Tornado sirens again. They just evacuated the naval base on the north side of town because of a levee breach. (Apologies for hijacking the thread. I'm cooped up and booooored.)
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Just got home from a week in Minneapolis at a conference. No smoking rooms in the entire hotel. Had ONE Relic on what they loosely termed their "smoking patio" which was way too windy most of the time. Hard to light anything with the stinking safety paper matches that are all that are allowed by TSA. Did give away a bunch of stick to buddies. Brought my main travel humi home full. Bummer. Just finished a AAA out in the fresh air in my front yard, damn I needed that. Be sure to grab this weekend's blitz if you're a fan.
  • Options
    The sun popped out, so I'm making smoke while it shines. Perdomo La Tradicion Cameroon.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Just got home from a week in Minneapolis at a conference. No smoking rooms in the entire hotel. Had ONE Relic on what they loosely termed their "smoking patio" which was way too windy most of the time. Hard to light anything with the stinking safety paper matches that are all that are allowed by TSA. Did give away a bunch of stick to buddies. Brought my main travel humi home full. Bummer. Just finished a AAA out in the fresh air in my front yard, damn I needed that. Be sure to grab this weekend's blitz if you're a fan.
    I really wish people would refuse to use airlines, they need to get the message. Sad thing is, it won't happen. Sorry about the BS you had to go through. It really is why I refuse to use planes anymore.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Nica Libre this morning on the drive in to work and I just finished up a 5 Vegas Tripple A
  • Options
    Not flying usually isn't an option for me... the other choice is being unemployed. I used to love flying (and spent several days a week doing so). Most of the issues these days I put at the door of the government and their "security theater". Making people take off their shoes and put their shampoo in ziplock bags isn't going to do anything except make the mindless "feel safe".
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Camacho SLR Maduro, I liked it well enough.. But something was a little "off" on this one.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Not flying usually isn't an option for me... the other choice is being unemployed. I used to love flying (and spent several days a week doing so). Most of the issues these days I put at the door of the government and their "security theater". Making people take off their shoes and put their shampoo in ziplock bags isn't going to do anything except make the mindless "feel safe".
    very true. and yes if you need to for your job.. I dunno TSA can suck it and that's how I feel.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Had a Nica Libre this morning on the drive in to work and I just finished up a 5 Vegas Tripple A
    Is the AAA much different than the A? I've never been too into the A.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    zoom6zoom:
    I really wish people would refuse to use airlines, they need to get the message. Sad thing is, it won't happen. Sorry about the BS you had to go through. It really is why I refuse to use planes anymore.
    We, the people of Boeing, wish you would reconsider.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a 4 cigar day today. Awesome.

I started off with a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Connecticut. Nice and mild way to start the day. Creamy and good. Then it was time for a carne asada burrito followed by a Ruination #1 Robusto. Great smoke as always. Then I tried out a Padron 3000 Maduro. I was impressed, I think I may have to buy a box of these. I need to try the 2000 and 5000 first though. Then to finish out the day I tried out the Tabak especial Negra. I didn't care for that one. The cap was too sweet and I didn't get any coffee. Lots of chocolate and tons of artificial sweetener, and that's not how I like coffee either. I'm glad I tried it though, been wanting to for a while. All around a great cigar day.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    My B&M had a Savinelli event today for the Kentucky derby. Savinelli is new to the shop. I had never tried one, so I bought a sampler. I tried a special selection at the shop, and just finished a RyR on the deck. Not bad on either count. The sc was medium bodied with lots of flavor, the RyR was more full bodied with spicy pepper notes. I will definitely add this one to the rotation.
  • Options
    Tornado sirens, again.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet - Recommended by The Beard
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    phobicsquirrel:
    Diamondog:
    VERY!!! Much MUCH better. Wanna try one?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Diamondog:
    much much different. much more body.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    ^ And flavor! I LOVE it.

Had a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Short Churchill Tubo. Great. Had some flavors I've never found before.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Yesterday I had an Illusione 68 at lunch, wasn't nearly as good as the first, but maybe my fault since I torched the hell out of the foot when lighting it. Had an Alec Bradley Sungrown last night thanks to Alien's package. It was good, but had a lot of burn problems. I know a lot of guys love these, but I've had the Maxx, the Harvest 97, the Tempus, and now this one, and they've had terrible burns! Kinda dampered the experience for me.

Tonight, i lit up a Padilla 68 figurado, also from Aliena, and couldn't keep it lit. I had a very loose draw, and kept going out in less than a minute. So, I fired up a SCCC instead.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This afternoon at our regular Saturday herf I had my first Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 in a double corona. What a great smoke! I'm gonna have to get more of those.

I picked up a fiver of 'em and I'm looking forward to the remaining four.

Marty

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    phobicsquirrel:
    Diamondog:
    Ya it is much different....I bought a 50 sampler of 5 Vegas that included 10 of the A's and then I got the weekend blitz from a few weeks ago (cigar case and 8 sampler with some tripple A's) I don't care for how the A is rolled for starters, I don't like the draw off it, lots of smoke but its not effortless to draw from....I don't think I had an abnormalty I think its standard for the A, the AAA on the other hand is still very densely packed but effortless draw....much more fuller bodied and really really tasty, behind a Cohiba Black this is my next fave in a maduro now, real real nice $7 stick, worth every penny...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    MOW Virtue
    MOW Original
    MOW Ruination
    MOW badge awarded!
    See details here: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/140263.aspx
  • Options
    had a 5 vegas classic on the way to work this morning. Gonna finish it off with a AAA in an hour or two
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a La Aurora 107. pretty good. solid medium.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I had my first cigar in about 4 weeks last night. It was a 601 blue box-pressed maduro. I absolutely love this cigar! The flavors really picked up in the last third. Just made my night. My buddy who was visiting from Philly enjoyed one of my CT virtuoso, which happens to be his favorite cigar. What a great night!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    San Cristobal de la Habana. Good cigar, 2 hours to finish this one. :)

• Options
    Bahia Maduro
    LHCOF
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    fla-gypsy:
    Bahia Maduro
    LHCOF
    hows the bahia maduro? ive really been wanting to try one
  • Options
    Still a few hours to get in on the weekend blitz for the AAA lovers... $70/box
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Still a few hours to get in on the weekend blitz for the AAA lovers... $70/box
    def jumped on that one!! Had a 5 Vegas Gold to start off the day and a AAA right after that. Delicious!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    fla-gypsy:
    Bahia Maduro
    LHCOF
    hows the bahia maduro? ive really been wanting to try one
    They get better every day they sit in the box. Really a great value. I got one from a friend and was impressed, he had been resting it for a while. I just got mine last week and they get better every time I try one.