Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    WOOOOOOOOOOOW!! Not only am I amazed by by my first Alec Bradley SCR but I may have found my new favorite beer all in the same night. It is called Dead Guy Ale by Rogue from Newport Oregon. I was driving home and stopped but my local liquor store and they had an "event" if you will. I picked up a six pack of this but know wish I bought them out. If you live in Oregon, I'm jealous.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Having a camacho room 101, definatley not what I was expecting from a camacho which are real hit or miss with me. Has a nice flavor and is a very relaxing smoke. ..almost tasting melons...
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Pacman84:
    Good morning to you all. Trying out a tabak special cafe con leche with a cup of coffee. Not too bad.

I did the same thing this morning with a stick that I got in trade with Gadwinduil a little while back. Felt like the cigar really brought out the flavors in the coffee. Pretty good pairing.

Now I'm enjoying a Ruination that Duder PIFed me with. Excellent as always. Thanks to both you guys for some amazing smokes that really added to a great day.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Had a RP Edge. Pretty good, I guess... nothing amazing.
  • Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    Just had a La Estrella Cubana courtesy of lilwing88 (thanks Mart!) out on the deck with a beer. I was very pleased and surprised to find how cheap they are. For sure an everyday smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started last night with a Diesel from the cotm club six months ago. Wow, this cigar relly got good. I smoked one fresh and did not like it at all. This one had flavors that I don't remember ever tasting before and the the burn was almost perfect and the draw was great!!!! Glad I have a few more of these lying around.

My second cigar was a Gurkha Assassin. This cigar started out tasting good for the first few puffs but that ended quickly. It went downhill from there. It wouldn't stay lit, the flavor was ehhh... and the draw was horrible. I tried to fix it by cutting some more, then by rolling it around but hothing fixed it. At least I know one that I probably won't be trying again unless I get one and let it age about a year.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOW!! Not only am I amazed by by my first Alec Bradley SCR but I may have found my new favorite beer all in the same night. It is called Dead Guy Ale by Rogue from Newport Oregon. I was driving home and stopped but my local liquor store and they had an "event" if you will. I picked up a six pack of this but know wish I bought them out. If you live in Oregon, I'm jealous.
    lol, yeah it's a good beer. The double dead guy is better I think. I've been to the brewery several times and they have a lot of good beers.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Started last night with a Diesel from the cotm club six months ago. Wow, this cigar relly got good. I smoked one fresh and did not like it at all. This one had flavors that I don't remember ever tasting before and the the burn was almost perfect and the draw was great!!!! Glad I have a few more of these lying around.

My second cigar was a Gurkha Assassin. This cigar started out tasting good for the first few puffs but that ended quickly. It went downhill from there. It wouldn't stay lit, the flavor was ehhh... and the draw was horrible. I tried to fix it by cutting some more, then by rolling it around but hothing fixed it. At least I know one that I probably won't be trying again unless I get one and let it age about a year.
    That's how I felt with the assassin as well.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Started the morning off with a 5 Vegas Miami toro on a 1.5 mile walk.
    Got a haircut.
    Followed that up with a Nub Camaroon Torpedo Box Press on the 1.5 mile return walk

5 vegas Miami started off great ended horrible, so meh overall.

Nub Cammie was great as usual, but I think I like more complex cigars now.
    Doesnt mean this was a bad cigar, but I think my tastes are evolving.

Overall a good cigar day so far! Not great!

Thinking about firing up a diesel tonight.

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna chill by the pool and smoke a La Aroma de Cuba.
  • Options
    About to hit the back porch with a Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro and a Rum/Coke...(Mt. Gay Dark Rum with Coke Zero)
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Legend Aniversario & a Corona (no lime) out on the deck.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I burned a DPG Blue label and a Nicarao Torp during my yard chores (smoking hot today in N Florida). Finished off the evening on the back porch with my favorite smoke, a MOW Ruination with about 1 year of rest on it.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cohiba Red Dot earlier and am about to fire up a Cohiba Black...love the Hiba....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Oliva Serie V with 10 months on it.... Perfect smoke!

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked an Oliva O series with Captain Morgan's Private Stock. Love this cigar. Can't wait for my Oliva connie and Oliva V
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was a Graycliff G2 and later an RP Decade. My first G2 and it wasn't bad...just wasn't great. and yes, I do like the Graycliff line. RP Decade was great as usual.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Alec Bradley Select Harvest courtesy of ljl. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Had a diesel, my first 5 vegas gold, and my go to stick the RP Vintage 1990 torp.. all tasty sticks, the 5V gold is definitely gonna be a good morning stick
  • Options
    on a roll....brickhouse toro, tabez pepin, rp 10th, rp fusion, 3nights in a row...I just love summer
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I found a Perdomo lot 23 in my humidor, must have been from a sampler. Wow, what a great cigar imho. I was expecting to look it up on line and see much higher price. Added to my favorites list.
  • Options
    Just finished off a 5 Vegas Classic...
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Diamondog:
    I really am glad i finally tried one of those this week. Gonna have to stock up on them, great smoke. Im headed out to the patio for a Blue Label Churchill from the COTM package from Oct 09.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    HAD A PERDOMO HABANO robusto last night. nice smoke. more med body than i expected. got it in a ci sampler special last week......nice smoke
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Went to a pig pickin' last night. Smoked a Man O' War robusto, and a Padilla Dominus.
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    Diamondog:
    I really am glad i finally tried one of those this week. Gonna have to stock up on them, great smoke. Im headed out to the patio for a Blue Label Churchill from the COTM package from Oct 09.
    Have you guys tried the ccom red label? I'm curious as I have had both and after a few months the red label just amazes me.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    had a diesel this morning, had a pepin blue generoso after lunch. and just finished a padron 1964 exclusivo maduro. good day... a damn good day...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    martymcg43:
    had a diesel this morning, had a pepin blue generoso after lunch. and just finished a padron 1964 exclusivo maduro. good day... a damn good day...
    I must say, it would be a great feat for anyone to top that stick selection in any one day... two of my top 5 and a Pepin! Very well done, my friend.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Finally got a chance to smoke my Oliva series G maduro, quite tasty. The series G has a very unique flavor and the maduro adds a lot to it.
  • Options
    Montecristo No. 2