Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    illinoisgolf99:
    Had 2 tonight, kinda. the 1st was an RP 1990 churchill, wrapper came off, burn was plugged and I couldnt finish it, just a bad stick, maybe the roller was havin a bad day. I had another in the humi so I got that out and smoked it, MUCH much better than the first, such a smooth cigar. I like the torpedo vitola a little better though.

Went to a RP sungrown torp. tonight. Flawless burn and draw. Really enjoyed the flavors. Right up there with the '90 to me. I have a few decades I'm trying to rest and have not yet tried, but the Sungrown and '90 are my personal RP favs. Also highly recommend the ITC super fuerte maduro with some age as a great more budget friendly smoke.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Wednesdays lineup: Cuba Libre, RP Cuban Blend, Alec Bradley Sungrown, Gran Habano 2002
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i had my 1st gurkha last night. a park avenue, i really enjoyed it. perfect burn, great ash. cedary, w/ to my pallet tasted like a very light choclaty coffee. very subtle thou.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Padilla Dominus this morning, very nice...
  • Options
    WoodyOWoodyO Posts: 12
    just finished up my first Rocky Patel Rosado. Interesting flavor. The 1st ash dropped about half way through, and the second didn't drop until the band.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a Man O' War Ruination
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A rarity, an early night off work for once. Looks like some Buffalo Trace for sipping and a RP Decade for re-laxing.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    too effin hot to smoke outside, but if I get the chance gonna get to that Helix thingum Ozzie sent me
  • Options
    Today's sticks
    CCom Brazillia
    Nicarao
    Padilla Habano
    MOW
    LHC
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Smoked a La Riqueza by Tatuaje 2nite. Not bad. Would have another if the chance presents itself.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's sticks
    CCom Brazillia
    Nicarao
    Padilla Habano
    MOW
    LHC
    Decided to cap off the day with another Ccom Brazillia
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    MAN O WAR - As if Jimmy Walker said it.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Gurkha Centurian-Love me some Gurkha's
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    brotheradam:
    Gurkha Centurian-Love me some Gurkha's
    +1

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Received some Nica Libre Diplomatico today along with some other goodies. Figured I'd give it a go right off the truck and was over all happy with it. Some burn issues at the start but it straightened out. Gunna have to let the others rest for spell and revisit them again some day.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Burned a Gurkha Empire 1 I received in a trade with joey. Very enjoyable smoke. Best Gurkha I've had in a while, probably since my last TPB1 lancero. Excellent burn and draw, mild to medium body, tons of smoke, and stark white ash. Ash was a little weak, but thats my only fault with it. Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a ccom red today. Nice smoke as usual.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic this evening...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My last I-Press, luckily i have more coming..if these didnt burn so funky they would be truly kick ass
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a few today, first up was an Avo #2, these cigars are best smoked on a fresh palate to appreciate the subtleties, and I enjoyed this one a lot. Later was a 262 Paradigm robusto, after finding little to no enjoyment with the torpedo and toro (and no shortage of construction/burn issues), finally the robusto delivered an even burning, well constructed experience...that said, this cigar is just not my cup of tea, I didn't dislike it, but nothing really jumped out at me, not a bad cigar but not one I'd buy. Later still was a La Riqueza #3 that was pretty good. Finally finished up with a La Aurora Preferido cameroon robusto that was fairly disappointing.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic this evening...
    And? Thoughts? I personally love them, but I know a lot of guys here have had problems with them. I've never smoked one with any real age on it (never more than a couple of months) but I hear they do great with some time.

Smoking a 5 Vegas A. First A. Had the AAA, but not the A.
  • Options
    Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro.....LOVE EM....
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Enjoyed a Gran Habano vintage 2002 tonight.. damn tasty stick for 2 bucks apiece
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had one of my favs tonight - Tatuaje Havana VI angeles. Never disappoints. I've got 3 left of this vitola and it's killing me. I see a box purchase in the near future.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold last night on the patio with a handfull of Laphroaig Quarter Cask. The smoke was exceptionally smooth and very subtle. Great construction and burn as expected. While I enjoyed the flavors it didn't grab me by the nostrils and scream at me like some of the more full flavored/bodied sticks do. It's not a bad thing, it was just a very background activity, unlike the MOW last week that I couldn't help but go "MMMmmmm.." and stare at after every puff.

I think I'll give the 2nd one I have a chance one morning on the weekend if I get up early enough.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Padron Magnum Maduro. 3+ hours later...That's a pretty good smoke. Better than the first one I had. This time it was richer and more flavorful. I shouldn't have had it in the afternoon though. More and more I am finding that late at night is the time I really enjoy maduros. Other times of the day they just don't seem to keep me interested anymore.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MOW virtue robusto, actually just finished it. Started off full of flavor but then it stayed a bit harsh through the end, with some sweetness through the nose. Perhaps I need to rest them a bit more but I do remember the other I had when I got them wasn't harsh. Eh, I've got more to try... lol.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don pepin Cuban classic smoking it right now...spicy
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    TatuajeVI:
    Had one of my favs tonight - Tatuaje Havana VI angeles. Never disappoints. I've got 3 left of this vitola and it's killing me. I see a box purchase in the near future.
    When you find them PM me, I cannot get my hands on em!

• Options
    olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    Smoked my 2nd MOW Virtue. This one was a torpedo,I am just not a fan so far. Maybe it is too mild for me, Love the MOW's & the Ruination though. The Ruination is a stick that I do think needs to sit a while.