Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    NUB Maduro. One of my favorite NUBs.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    cabinetmaker:
    I had a Diesel for breakfast, followed by a Padron 1964 anniversary natural, then a maduro, and now I'm smoking an Ashton ESG. Not sure what's next.
    Brother, you are **** i n g hardcore! :-)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had two birthday smokes last night. Wasn't sure what I was going to smoke. I decided on a GoF 2005 Don Carlos that I have had since sometime in 2007. Then, I lit up a Anejo #55 that I got in July of 2008. The GoF had a few burn issues. It started burning down one side. I would fix and it would keep doing it. As long as I kept up on it, it didn't get out of control. My g/f liked it. She said it was smooth. I have had better GoF Don Carlos from the same batch but it was good. The Anejo was obviously much stronger. She didn't like that one as much. Said that it was much harsher. This one burned perfectly. I didn't finish it because the place closed and I got home before I was done. I had another inch or two left that I'll smoke the next time I drive my truck.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a ccom purple label with a cup of coffee. Good stuff!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Triple A this morning and am going to fire up a Relic right now, see if this Relic is better than the first one I had...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    rwheelwright:
    cabinetmaker:
    I had a Diesel for breakfast, followed by a Padron 1964 anniversary natural, then a maduro, and now I'm smoking an Ashton ESG. Not sure what's next.
    Brother, you are **** i n g hardcore! :-)

Dont rub it in, I could barely manage a Diesel after Lunch!

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I LOVE DIESEL!!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    I LOVE DIESEL!!

I LOVE DIESEL

Phew 2nd

Free Boxes for Everyone

• Options
    Had the Relic, much better than the first...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro, RP Vintage 90, LHC, and a RP Fusion
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    illinoisgolf99:
    I LOVE DIESEL!!

I LOVE DIESEL

Phew 2nd

Free Boxes for Everyone

WOO HOO!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just lit up my first JDN Antano Dark Corojo torpedo. So far, it's pretty great but I am only about a quarter-inch in...
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I just lit up my first JDN Antano Dark Corojo torpedo. So far, it's pretty great but I am only about a quarter-inch in...
    This is a pretty great smoke, except that I am having trouble keeping the wrapper burning as fast as the filler... I'll pick up another few and let them sit for a while and see if that helps.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Time to crank up a Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Thinking to myself "what a nice way to start my work evening". And after words...hmmm well thinking just might have to bust out a Vegas 5 Gold to wrap up the night...to be continued...
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Shaggy, CAO Brazilla, Liga Provida T52, RyJ 1845
  • Options
    I just lit up my first MoW Virtue, a robusto. This thing is fantastic so far! It's really fresh so I am having a tiny bit of some burn issues, and it is so good that I am smoking it a bit too fast...I can't wait to see how the rest of the sampler does with some rest on them!!!
  • Options
    had an El Mejor Emerald and a 5 Vegas Series A, emerald was meh, 5V A was pretty good!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold last night. Was in the mood for something mild and simple.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just smoked a RP decade for the 1st time. Gotta say I was impressed. Put in my top 5 easily. Now what to smoke after dinner. humm...
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had a Nestor Miranda Special Selection.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    2/3 of the way through a DPG Cuban Classic, wasn't impressed at first, but the flavors really rolled on an inch into it.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMoke:
    2/3 of the way through a DPG Cuban Classic, wasn't impressed at first, but the flavors really rolled on an inch into it.

they do take a moment to get goin, but once you hit that sweet spot... they really open up.

another thing to consider is how "hot" you lit it. if you gave a very hot light then you may have hurt the flavor at the beginning of the cigar and it takes a moment for it to settle down from the light.
    make sure to toast the head first and light as gently as you can.

i think its the sweet spot thing though. i have had the same thing happen to me with that particular cigar.
  • Options
    Had a Cain earlier and then to finish the night a 5 Vegas Miami torp....spot on burn and draw, delicious!
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    Just smoked a RP decade for the 1st time. Gotta say I was impressed. Put in my top 5 easily. Now what to smoke after dinner. humm...
    Definately my favorite.
  • Options
    I had a RP OWR Corojo Torpedo tonight at one of my local B&M's. cigar was totally overhumidified so I had to smoke it faster than I wanted to keep it from going out and burning too fast for the wrapper (tunnelling)..... It was still good, I think it had potential to be great, might have to pick up a couple to see how they do with proper age at a good RH.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Bahia Trinidad. Smoked it with a glass of FDC 7Yr rum. Pretty good stick. Not sure I'd buy an entire Mazo, but the price is definitely right. Good, medium to full, nice flavors, a few transitions.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    brotheradam:
    Had a Nestor Miranda Special Selection.
    Was it the oscuro? That's some big bang for your buck, right there......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a Tobaccos Baez by Pepin today. This was a very good stick. Smooth, peppery and slightly sweet. Was a very nice "sit-out-in-the-sun-and-enjoy-the-day" type of cigar.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Fuente queen b, wasn't overly impressed. Every fuente I've had except the anejo, opus, btw, and woa maduro I haven't enjoyed.
  • Options
    Had 2 tonight, kinda. the 1st was an RP 1990 churchill, wrapper came off, burn was plugged and I couldnt finish it, just a bad stick, maybe the roller was havin a bad day. I had another in the humi so I got that out and smoked it, MUCH much better than the first, such a smooth cigar. I like the torpedo vitola a little better though.