Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Haven't been able to smoke for a couple days...fired up a 5 Vegas Classic this afternoon....
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had an Arganese Uno Puro while running errands today... not a bad smoke.

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I have one I got a few months ago. Haven't been in the mood to smoke it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    apparently ill be having a Diesel. Pics to come. :)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well due to working a LOT of OT lately, and switching back and forth from day shift to night shift, I haven't been on here much lately. 12 hours at work, 45 minutes each way, then sleeping and doing it all over again... Not much time for ccom or smoking to say the least! But today I actually have a day off and will be having a couple smokes at least! I opened my humidor this morning and it almost brought a tear to my eye! lol Damn I've missed those guys! Not sure what I will be lighting up first tonight, but it will be something great with a nice glass of scotch!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I missed reporting a few days sticks but here is what went down today. Oliva Series O, LHC, Nicarao, Cu-avana Intenso.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    tried a nub habano 464 today. didnt like it. maybe a dude. got a couple more hope they are better. did find a local that only sell their cigars. they roll them. bought a couple to try. one is a rum flavored corona. dont usaually like coronas. but there robusto was a 5" 62 ring...looks yummy. saving that for another day....guy says it will burn forever!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    on my way out for a walk to the local car show. tagging along is the wife and a RP sungrown.
  • mstrmxrmstrmxr Posts: 13
    Had my first Nub Habano 460 and it was goood. Gonna smoke a Nica Libre Diplomatico later.
    vegassparky:
    tried a nub habano 464 today. didnt like it. maybe a dude. got a couple more hope they are better. did find a local that only sell their cigars. they roll them. bought a couple to try. one is a rum flavored corona. dont usaually like coronas. but there robusto was a 5" 62 ring...looks yummy. saving that for another day....guy says it will burn forever!
    The Nub Habano 464T did absolutely nothing for me. I have smoked much better sticks that were a lot cheaper. BTW, I smoked several just to be sure it was not a fluke.
    Fired up a MOW R........
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    stephen_hannibal:

Thanks stephen, I need to revisit Uno Puro again. Had afew resting for afew months. Ill report back later...
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Had an Oliva Serie O Maduro with a glass of port. Cigar was kind of disappointing, but the pairing was great!
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a MOW Ruination. Great smoke!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    enjoyin a bahia maduro right now, not sure what i'll fire up this afternoon
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Feeling ambitious this morning. Starting the day with a little coffee and an LFD DL 700 for breakfast lol. Im used to powerhouse cigars to start the day but this is a monster. Had many a chisel before but this my 1st 700. 1st in very good so far.
    dont get me wrong, i love the LFD DL 700... but breakfast?

i try and keep away from the very full cigars just so i dont burn the palate early in the day.
    kuzi16:
    dont get me wrong, i love the LFD DL 700... but breakfast?

i try and keep away from the very full cigars just so i dont burn the palate early in the day.

Ha thats how I roll. About half way in and damn good. Not as strong as the chisel imo. Probably due to wrapper/filler ratio. Itll be about 5-7 hrs before I have another so not worried about the palate. Havent smoked in a few days so taste buds are fresh anyway. Strong maduros tend to ruin taste for me more than natty wraps. Had a Cain maduro in the morn once and couldnt taste anything the rest of the day.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I had a DL chisel for breakfast on by day off and now I am enjoying an A fernandez maduro. Both are amazing!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    I had a DL chisel for breakfast on by day off and now I am enjoying an A fernandez maduro. Both are amazing!!
    I tend to enjoy strong cigars in the morn. I don't smoke mild cigars all that often anymore. Though I still enjoy them.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoked a Diesel yesterday afternoon. That was after a La Riqueza that I had to let go - these were fresh and definitely need at least a few more months before smoking.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nica Libre - Meh - It was good, not great, zero wow factor.
    Had a Cain this afternoon, had to do a little surgery wrapper was cracked but all good!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'm about to fire up my first Cohiba Red Dot... pretty excited...
    After finishing the DL 700 it occured to me........... I need to find this in the Maduro. My BnM only has the natty in the chisel and 700. I prefer the maduro for the chisel.

Next up for me Man O War double corona. Its a day for huge cigars! Hope its not windy or I could change my mind to some sort of robusto.
    Bahia Maduro, LHC, Padilla Habano, Nicarao
    ljl sent me a chateau fuente maduro the other day. i had to fire that guy up. it had been a while since i had one. good lil smoke.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried out a Pepin JJ Maduro last night with some Aberlour 16. Not really a good pairing, but a pretty good smoke nonetheless. Pepin's stuff doesn't usually agree with me, but this one was good. I could actually taste things afterward. I may have to pick up a 5 pack if I see one on the cheap.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Nica Libre - Meh - It was good, not great, zero wow factor.
    I didn't like the cigar either.
    Russ55:
    I tried out a Pepin JJ Maduro last night with some Aberlour 16. Not really a good pairing, but a pretty good smoke nonetheless. Pepin's stuff doesn't usually agree with me, but this one was good. I could actually taste things afterward. I may have to pick up a 5 pack if I see one on the cheap.

I love the JJ maduro. I really like the corojo maduro wrapper on it. Much different from your typicall PA broadleaf maddy.

Just fired up the MOW double corona. Only a weeks rest on it and wow is it amazing so far. Forgot how good these are. Glad I have 4 more to sit on.