Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Graycliff Legends at the moment. Nice cigar, very smooth. Not much of a kick yet. I hope that picks up a little.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    gaberox:
    Russ55:
    I tried out a Pepin JJ Maduro last night with some Aberlour 16. Not really a good pairing, but a pretty good smoke nonetheless. Pepin's stuff doesn't usually agree with me, but this one was good. I could actually taste things afterward. I may have to pick up a 5 pack if I see one on the cheap.
    I love the JJ maduro. I really like the corojo maduro wrapper on it. Much different from your typicall PA broadleaf maddy. Just fired up the MOW double corona. Only a weeks rest on it and wow is it amazing so far. Forgot how good these are. Glad I have 4 more to sit on.
    I just picked up 2. How do you like the selectos? (robusto?)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Montecristo #2 tonight, perfect smoke for this evening...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sol cubano cabinet
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Sat out back tonight finishing up some paperwork I had to bring home and enjoyed a Oliva serie V double robusto. Great smoke makes me upset I dont have anymore in the humi.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    lit up a Padilla Hybrid a few minutes ago... really smooth right now, although pretty mild in body for a stick classified as a 'solid medium'...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sitting outside enjoying a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo right now, fantastic cigar.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Fourtotheflush:
    gaberox:
    Russ55:
    I tried out a Pepin JJ Maduro last night with some Aberlour 16. Not really a good pairing, but a pretty good smoke nonetheless. Pepin's stuff doesn't usually agree with me, but this one was good. I could actually taste things afterward. I may have to pick up a 5 pack if I see one on the cheap.

I love the JJ maduro. I really like the corojo maduro wrapper on it. Much different from your typicall PA broadleaf maddy.

Just fired up the MOW double corona. Only a weeks rest on it and wow is it amazing so far. Forgot how good these are. Glad I have 4 more to sit on.
    I just picked up 2. How do you like the selectos? (robusto?)

The robusto is great though I prefer the belicoso but not too much difference. Having a Cuban Classic for breakfast its good but I want another MOW double corona I had yesterday lol.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had an AVO original and a Alec Bradley Tempus lastnight. Neither were spectacular. The AVO simply had no flavor, expect maybe sawdust (not woody). The Tempus was much better, but burn issues plagued the stick. I've got 2 more Tempus I will let sit for awhile and try again.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Sitting outside enjoying a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo right now, fantastic cigar.
    I've got a 5 pack resting right now. Do you think this is one that needs lots of rest or even age?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Looking forward to an Ambos Mundos Sumatra tonight.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    j0z3r:
    I had one yesterday as well. Good cigar, but I literally fired it up walking out the B&M door. Good cigar, with potential to be great I could tell. Will definitely pick up a few more, and let them rest properly.

I smoked the JDN Antano Dark Corojo yesterday at lunch, then smoked an LFD Ligero Maduro on the way home, and had a JDN Antano Gran Consul for lunch today. I know some people don't like this vitola, but I really enjoyed it. The robusto was a little better, but the Antano is great in any size, so I'm not complaining.

Thinking about firing up a Gurkha TPB-1 tonight. I just have a craving for one.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    I've got a 5 pack resting right now. Do you think this is one that needs lots of rest or even age?
    I don't. I fired mine up out the B&M door, and had no burn issues or anything. Good flavors as well. Good then, but can only get better I assume. I say fire one up asap, then you make the call.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    No, not really, I think they do seem to get a little better but it's not necessary imo.
    Monte Media Noche #3. Tasty.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    Russ55:
    I love the JJ maduro. I really like the corojo maduro wrapper on it. Much different from your typicall PA broadleaf maddy. Just fired up the MOW double corona. Only a weeks rest on it and wow is it amazing so far. Forgot how good these are. Glad I have 4 more to sit on.
    I've had a couple of the JJ's, found them to be pretty good. As it stands I still like the 601 maddy the most out of peppin's stuff.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had a Gurkha Cuban Legacy... not bad.

phobicsquirrel:

I've had a couple of the JJ's, found them to be pretty good. As it stands I still like the 601 maddy the most out of peppin's stuff.

Heck yeah I smoke mostly 601s period. Somthing about em just does it for me. Especially the blue n red. The blue toro is just luxurious way better than the other sizes imo. Cant wait for that supposed price drop. Curious to see how the quality is at that point.
    gaberox:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Heck yeah I smoke mostly 601s period. Somthing about em just does it for me. Especially the blue n red. The blue toro is just luxurious way better than the other sizes imo. Cant wait for that supposed price drop. Curious to see how the quality is at that point.
    Im sitting on 2 601 green. What do you think of those.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a RP 1992 Toro last night. Have had these since 12/23/08. I haven't had one in a long time so I kinda forget what they taste like. This one was ehh, ok. The burn and draw were great. It did split about an inch from the foot up when I first lit it but didn't affect anything. I felt like something was missing. Not sure what, but something. Gonna have to try another 1990 soon. I used to like the 1992 better.
    Fourtotheflush:

Im sitting on 2 601 green. What do you think of those.

These are probably the most popular 601 not for me though. I do enjoy them quite a bit. They have a very full and strong flavor which is pretty unique to me as are all the 601s imo. The green just seem to be less complex and more about body and strong flavor. Still a really good cigar.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Alec Bradley Sungrown, Oliva Series O, LHC, Nicarao
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Nicarao
    thats my favorite RP product.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I've got an RP Decade Toro and an Oliva Master Blend III Churchill that are both calling my name. I can't decide which to smoke.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Going to fire up a Cain F torp...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fired up a Cao brazilia.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had a Vercou Tubo very nice...

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Nub Maduro at lunch, and Oliva V on the ride home.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    enjoying a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 churchill.. I love the Vintage 1990 and this is really good as well. Really smooth, light hints of earth and a mild spice with a medium body and medium finish. TONS of copious smoke.. Wish I had more of these...
    Couldnt resist and lit up another MOW 2x corona. I cant imagine these getting any better with more rest. So good as it is. Wish I woulda picked up 10 when they were on the dd here at C.com. Got my 5er from aucton for just a little more$. Only have 3 more doh.