Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jacketsrule:
    I started with a La Aurora BME, then I took one for the team. A co worker gave me a Los Cabrillas from Honduras and really talked it up. I had to light it up right there, and act like it was good. All smoke, and no flavor at all.
    lol, I know two guys at work who try to give me cigar advice all the time, most of their cigars aren't my cup of tea.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Arganese ML3, LHC, and a Gurkha Cuban Legacy
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I've got a Camacho 1962 robusto looking at me right now.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just had a MoW Virtue robusto..........loved it! Tons of smoke, super smooth and great flavors!! On my buy list for sure! Oh, btw, that was my first ever AJ Fernandez blend ever!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Triple A, delicious!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't been able to smoke or do pretty much anything because I've been working, but I have 3 days off tomorrow and plan on making up for lost time! Planning on starting with an Air Bender in late morning/early afternoon!
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Just finished a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Bad crack in the wrapper killed it at the end, but yum!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Did some catching up today. Started with Devils Weed, then at a bbq tonight had a Qunitero Maduro, CAO VR and Decade. Quintero....nice....will be getting more before this brand goes poof.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    I had a LFD Camaroon Cabinet lancero last night at the B&M. This is one of Joe's favorites if I am not mistaken, and I can certainly see why. This was a phenomenal smoke! I only bought the one just to try it out last night but I know for sure that I will be getting more!
    Was it an actual lancero, 7x38, or was it the lonsdale at 6x44? If it was truly a lancero then it wasn't the Cam. Cab but the DL lancero w/ Cam. wrapper. That said, regardless I think both are incredible cigars, in my opinion the Cam. Cab lonsdale has a slight edge. Glad you tried one and liked it.
    It was in fact the Cam Cab lonsdale. My mistake. If they had more than a few of these left I might go back and buy a box. I will hold off I guess until they get more in, should be a couple weeks from what I understand. If you ever can't get your hands on these let me know.

And, I know I still owe you a package. I will hopefully get that out to you today. I picked up a little treat for you yesterday to say sorry for having to wait. I will PM you when I get a tracking number and fill you in on what I grabbed for you last night.
    Uh-oh, something tells me I'm gonna be mad at you for going overboard. :)

If you liked the Cam. Cab Evan, I'd highly suggest the LFD DL lancero cameroon, very similar flavor profile but also a bit different. Fantastic cigar.

Had several today at the herf. Started off with an Avo #2, great cigar. Insert shrimp burrito here. Lit up a J. Fuego Origen Original that was great, love those little guys. Next up was a Don Lino Africa Kuro, a little 4x44(46?) mini cigar that packed big flavor. Ended things with a Zino Classic lonsdale which was very nice, and at $9 B&M price it's a very reasonable price for a Davidoff product.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Ended things with a Zino Classic lonsdale which was very nice, and at $9 B&M price it's a very reasonable price for a Davidoff product.
    a few years ago at jungle jims in cincinnati, and i went into their humidor to see what they had. in the corner there was a bin with a sign that said "discontinued" on it. there were a hand full of Zino Platinum tubos in there for $5.50

i have never seen a Davidoff product that cheap before or since.

$9 for a lonsdale is the closest ive seen
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a devils weed last night... not a bad budget smoke.
    This morning was a DE Natural Pimp Stick.

• Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Sat out last night and had a LHC and I have to say that with how good the LHCOF was I might have expected too much because I was not that impressed with it. Still a good smoke though. Tonight I will be having a My Father #1 that has about 10 months on it. Now I just need to figure out what beer I will be drinking.
    Just finished a Romeo y Julieta Belicosos
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I got a Gurkha Legends from a sampler my friends bought me. I plan on enjoying that tonight with a Heinekin :-)
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had a devils weed last night... not a bad budget smoke.
    This morning was a DE Natural Pimp Stick.

I totally agree on the Devils Weed. Had Verdadero after breakfast, love those.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    punch uppercut grand corona thats been sittin since march... tasty smoke...
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Had a Graycliff G2 turbo last nice. It was awesome.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Padilla Fumas meh not really my thing, switched to a Backwoods.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just had a Padilla Hybrid. Gonna get a box of these. It's cheap (and for some reason, I read it's going to be discontinued) and good. Got some spice, wood, and cinammon (sp?). Also, it the ash was tight, long, and pure white. Only downside is that it didn't put out a good amount of smoke.
    Just finiished up a MOW R
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Just finished up an El Triunfador lancero! Damn what a smoke!!! Great Father's Day so far! Got the grill going and getting ready to eat!
  • jreed10209jreed10209 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Havin' an Oliva "V" churchill, after a Diesel earlier !!!!
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    stephen_hannibal:

Padilla Fumas was one of the first cigars I ever purchased, I bought 20 of them off the DD for a total of 18$... They are probably one of the only DDs I actually regret having ever bought... Bleh... Most of them still have green in the wrapper :-/
  • Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Gonna try the Park Avenue torpedo tonight
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Diamondog:
    Just finiished up a MOW R
    Same here. Mine is from the cotm club 6 months ago. I've had a few since my last post but I can't remember what. I haven't been smoking as much because it is nice out and I've been driving my S4. Also, the AC in my truck wasn't working. Just fixed it today though so I should be smoking more>

Had a Leon Jiminez on Friday that a friend gave me a box of. These have been in my humi since jan or feb. He got them in the DR and the were dried out. I told them you could revive them cause I didn't want to hurt his feelings and he kept asking me if I had one. It was ok. A little mild for my taste and it got bitter half way through.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Gonzalez Y Martinez from Ybor.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier a Verdadero Organic, and later a San Cristobal.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    GadwinDuil:
    stephen_hannibal:

Padilla Fumas was one of the first cigars I ever purchased, I bought 20 of them off the DD for a total of 18$... They are probably one of the only DDs I actually regret having ever bought... Bleh... Most of them still have green in the wrapper :-/
    Totally agree with you Ryan. For Fathers Day I decided to break out Sol Cubano Artisan tonight after dinner that a friend gave me a while back, way out of my price range, but boy, one hell of a cigar.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Smoked a LFD Ligero tonight. I got it from the local B&M, and even though it was overpriced, it was one hell of a cigar! Will be looking for an online deal on these and I figure they can only get better with age.
    Paired it with a French-XO-Brandy, and that worked really well for ending Father's Day.

• GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    brotheradam:
    GadwinDuil:
    stephen_hannibal:

Totally agree with you Ryan. For Fathers Day I decided to break out Sol Cubano Artisan tonight after dinner that a friend gave me a while back, way out of my price range, but boy, one hell of a cigar.
    A friend of mine is actually a big fan of those Padilla Fumas - I don't know what he sees in it but he says for the price he'd buy 200 of them. I ended up trading most of what I had of them to him but kept a few for myself. I hope after a couple years they'll taste less like grass and more like a cigar.

That and they would be good guinea pig sticks for my own mad infusion processes....