Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    docbp87:
    Cain Maduro. Thought it was pretty bad. It was strong, but that had nothing to do with my opinion of it. The flavors were just boring, and it was very harsh. Like smoking a giant cigarette.

I didn't think it was bad, just didn't think it was great either. I didn't feel it was complex at all, I did think it was a bit harsh, but it was way strong. Enjoyed the habano more (though that was pretty straight forward too). The Nub line is a much better buy IMHO.

Enjoying a lot 23 toro maduro - a classic maduro flavor profile.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I never got around to the Air Bender yesterday, but I made sure to make time for it tonight after dinner and it was a great smoke as always! Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store!
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    All right finished the 5 Vegas Classic Corona. Will be posting up a full review in the review section, but overall...It showed a lot of promise. I wish I had been more patient and not smoked it today, the day i received it lol
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Padilla Achilles this morning...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoked a DE Natural Root... wish I could smoke in the office.
  • Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    A day or two ago I had a diesel, a MOW virtue, and a CAO Maduro. All withing a 4 hour span. Long story short loved the diesel and virtue but immediately after having the CAO I was absolutely destroyed and seeing green like you wouldn't believe.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 red this morning. Bleh my palate is done right now. Had a 3 cigar day yesterday and have been enjoying more cigars than usual past few weeks. Cant taste much from this stick right now. Dont know how you volume guys continue to enjoy after a certain point.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    Davidoff Millennium Blend
    My g/f got me the 4 cigar sampler of the Millennium blend.
  • Options
    Had a Gurkha G5 last night. This thing was pretty darn tasty. I may have to get myself a few more. The burn was decent and the draw was good.

Smoking one of those Gurkha Beauty Sultans today. It's the small one that came in the 3 pack and the Beauty is a maduro and not connie. It's ok for a value smoke.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Had a La Herencia Cubana Original earlier, great stick, lots of flavor and more complex than I thought
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Finally got a hold of 2 LFD solomon cigars. I had one of them right from the mail box while playing risk, lasted the entire game.. like 2.5 hours or so. I'm going to light up the other one next week and will do a review. So far it's a nice stick, kept good flavor, though the price is some-what high.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    phobicsquirrel:
    Finally got a hold of 2 LFD solomon cigars. I had one of them right from the mail box while playing risk, lasted the entire game.. like 2.5 hours or so. I'm going to light up the other one next week and will do a review. So far it's a nice stick, kept good flavor, though the price is some-what high.
    Pm incoming
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    that right there is a damn fine smoke. my M&M sold through them QUICK

today i had 3 lined up but not a moment to smoke.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    that right there is a damn fine smoke. my M&M sold through them QUICK

today i had 3 lined up but not a moment to smoke.
    You know I thought it was flavorful all the way through, I mean it was damn smooth but it didn't taste much different than my other lfd doms.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a feeling it will age well.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Padilla Miami-Why is everyone dropping Padilla now?
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying out a Nub Connecticut for the first time. I like the cameroon and habano still need to try the maduro.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a MOW R tonight....
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Virtue, followed by a Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne. Those MOW Virtues do well with some time on them, though they're decent enough off the truck
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a Arturo Fuente Grand Reserva and a Oliva Connecticut. Both were good the Fuente was better.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    AB Harvest '97
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I almost smoked the harvest as well tonight, but chose a good graycliff 1666...always a decent stick
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Picked up a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet lonsdale on my way home today, I love this cigar, but the B&M I bought it from had not kept the humidity high enough causing the cigar to burn dry and a little harsh...last time I go there. Later was a Man o War toro, really like that cigar and got an easy 2.5 hours out of it. Last up was an LFD Ligero torpedo, this might just be my favorite vitola in the Ligero line, fantastic smoke.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    5v miami box pressed toro. This cigar never seems to let me down. The more of them I smoke, the more it solidifies itself as very good. May have to add it to the favorites in 5v line list...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Diesel. Has about 8 months on it, seem to get better with age but still" datsa spicy meatball!"
  • Options
    Had myself a Diesel Shorty last night. Nice draw, good burn and tasty. I did get some ammonia flavors near the end. Just needs some rest I think. Burned almost 2 hours.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Smoked one of the Bahia Maduros from the daily deal last night. Apart from burn issues, not a bad smoke.
  • Options
    Had a Alec Bradley Sun-Grown last night...Have to say I wasnt impressed at all....maybee i just need to give them a few more months in the humi...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoked a DE natural Big Dirt Torp... I've kinda been on a kick with these.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte and, I gotta say, I was a bit underwhelmed. I mean, it's an okay smoke but it sure isn't a great one. I had heard a lot about them and I was hoping it might come close to the "Fire" by IT but, alas, no such luck.

IMHO, it was neither "Super", nor "Fuerte", nor "Super Fuerte". I think it was mis-named. Shoulda been something like "Medio Fuerte".

Marty