Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a cigar that I only had one of last night. It was a Gurkha Red Steel. Let me just say that this cigar was really good. I had one burn issie with it. It had a great draw and the rest of the time the burn was great. Would like to get more of these. Got it in a sampler about 3 - 4 months ago.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    out having my 3rd-5th C.Com Sun Grown trying not to smoke them all before the South East Herf lol
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hayblet:
    out having my 3rd-5th C.Com Sun Grown trying not to smoke them all before the South East Herf lol
    Are they really that good? I almost bought some today but kinda talked myself out of them since I hadn't tried them yet....one of those I would like to try it but not sure if I'm ready to buy it just yet.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    Are they really that good? I almost bought some today but kinda talked myself out of them since I hadn't tried them yet....one of those I would like to try it but not sure if I'm ready to buy it just yet.
    I have one for you when you head out to Seattle. I scored some from last Saturday's deal.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    I have one for you when you head out to Seattle. I scored some from last Saturday's deal.
    Tony you gotta stop saying that!!!! I'm going to have half your collection when I leave....lol
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    Tony you gotta stop saying that!!!! I'm going to have half your collection when I leave....lol
    Haha, if only I can deduct cigars on my tax return...
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    Haha, if only I can deduct cigars on my tax return...
    You will be getting something from 262 at the end of the year.....I guess if they are gifts then you should be able to write them off for business????
  • Options
    tkohlertkohler Posts: 70
    Just fired up a graycliff double espresso. I think i can sum this up in one word: oh-man-this-thing-has-flavors-fatter-than-a-two-ton-tonka-on-a-night-to-vegas-at-the-all-you-can-eat-buffet. With every puff I get more and more sad that I didn't buy a f-ton of these when they were the daily deal. The smoke and flavor lingers for ages. This thing is going to be a *major* staple in my humi from now on. I was hesitant about these due to being described as being very full bodied, but man is this thing good. I think I've found a new favorite. Earlier I had a Graycliff chateau grand cru, very unimpressed. Quite bland for a $20+ stick.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Today I had a Partagas Serie P No. 2 and a RPD...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Cabuguan Guapos 46 Maduro
    It was good, really good.

LFD Coronado Lancero
    I was a little let down by this cigar. I wanted it to be much much better.

Dont get me wrong, I though I grabbed a LFD Air Bender lancero from the box. (this one was mixed in the wrong box). By the time I figured it out it was too late.
    It was a bit dry, definately earthy. Very little spice and what spikce ther wswas cinamonny.

• Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Just finished the La Aurora 107 Toro I got for Father's Day. Great smoke, definitely in my Top 10!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP Old World Reserve Maduro. Damn good smoke.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had an AF Hemi Maduro. This thing was covered in plume, and excellent. Followed that up with a MoW Virtue. First time I went Maduro to Mild but it worked out nicely.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Perdomo Lot 23 natural robusto earlier while watching a thunder storm, very cool and not so common this time of year here. Later I had a Padilla Habano torpedo, the Oliva blend, that I enjoyed very much. Finished off with a Man o War toro which was very nice. I love days off during the week.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Camacho Liberty 09'...loved the "cinnamon" spice it had to it!
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Nica Libre. Out of box that arrived today. Very good and will get better.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    docedwards:
    Nica Libre. Out of box that arrived today. Very good and will get better.
    I have a box of Nica Libre's that I have opened just to smell, but haven't smoked a one in 1 year and 6 days... I have bought singles and 5-ers of them and smoked all the different sizes... they are a tasty smoke!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Had A Gurkha Master's Select. This stick had only a month in the humi but man it was a good smoke. I think I'm going to visit the other ones in a few months.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'll be smoking a Sungrown Label when I get home in the morning. Got mine in yesterday, very excited to see how it will be OTT.
  • Options
    Had my first stick in 3 long weeks last night. Went with the 5v gold maduro, almost burnt my fingers off trying to get all that goodness! Wish I would have snagged that DD 2 days ago!
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I had a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro yesterday as well, Torpedo. Was damn tasty. These have several weeks rest on them, was from the order I placed first day they were available. They just keep getting better!!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength this morning...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I started last night with a RP Puro Cubano which was actually tasty. THis one is from the cotm club 6 months ago. I have had one or two before and didn't like them. On my way home from my g/fs house I had a Gurkha Blue Steel Toro which started out good but quickly got soft, mushy and hard to draw on plus had burn problems. I ended up tossing with about 4 inches left. I know the tuperdor I have them in is probably keeping them really moist but I had moved this one into my smoking humidor like 30 days ago and it was still too moist. Maybe it was just a bad stick or I need to move them and leave them longer.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    ENFIDL:
    I'll be smoking a Sungrown Label when I get home in the morning. Got mine in yesterday, very excited to see how it will be OTT.

Got one of these SUn Growns in my hand right now heading out to the Garden to give it a Try!Looks Tasty!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Smoked a Sungrown Label this morning. This are some tasty smokes. I have some 5 Vegas Gold Maduros coming in today that I can't wait to try, so I'll be firing one up later.
  • Options
    On this lovely cool day I'm on the patio overlooking the Pond enjoying a Partagas Serie D. No. 4

I'm just excited that I'm smoking cigars more!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    On this lovely cool day I'm on the patio overlooking the Pond enjoying a Partagas Serie D. No. 4

fantastic.

i too, am smoking a cigar from the island.

RyJ Petit Piramides Edicion Limitada 2005

review will be posted in a bit.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Lasabar:

fantastic.

i too, am smoking a cigar from the island.

RyJ Petit Piramides Edicion Limitada 2005

review will be posted in a bit.
    I just "traded" with another BOTL and have some finely aged islanders... My PSDNo4's are from '08... Have a little over half a box left and they just get better and better!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Perdomo Habano Corojo...a little too much spice for me, mellowed out a little bit but still had spice lingering throughout the smoke.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nestor Miranda Special Selection. It rockkkks.