Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    smoked a 5vegas limited . sucked, kind of exploded
  • Options
    DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    Last night I had a Padilla Achilles and this afternoon a CAO Gold. I liked them both, and the CAO was very smooth for me. I don't have a seasoned pallet and the biggest thing I notice of a cigar is the harshness on my throat.
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    I had the Purple Lable by Ccom after 8 months rest. Pleasantly surprised by this stick and will make sure I have them on hand always in the furture! =]
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    series jj maduro robusto...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Getting ready to go to a cigar event to celebrate 50 years of General Cigar Co. Not my favorite cigar company by far, but will be a nice event with friends and drinks at a very nice upscale steakhouse here in the Dallas area. Not sure what I will be smoking yet, but should be a nice evening regardless!
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    gonna try an RP edge...
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Not much of a dinner so im goin lighter with a RP 1999 Conny. Real good for a mild.
  • Options
    MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Had a 5 vegas classic. It was the best classic I have had yet.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    MoW Virtue

What size and what did you think?

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength...
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoW Ruination
  • Options
    Had Don Diego reserve a few hours ago, meh. Probably gonna go with an AVO #2 in a few minutes
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    CAO Gold Robusto

Had this lying in my humi 90+ days so figured I'd fire it up. Have enjoyed many of CAOs offerings such as the Brazilia (an old favorite), LX2, and an America that I smoked on July 4th this year.

As far as the Gold goes, I was underwhelmed!!

Yes it is rated mild to medium by CAO, but I would put it at very mild!

Construction, burn, smoke etc were all good, some nice flavors, very subtle at that, but still very mild, a good noob stick, I'll venture!

Don't be put off by my comments, I've always liked CAOs offerings, I have enjoyed mild sticks in the past, even Macanudo!! Maybe, I wasn't in the mood for it tonight and should have selected a stick with a fuller profile, still I did nub it, so it wasn't all bad!!!!!

• Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Wow. Great smoke, very smooth. I had some burn issues, but I think it was because my humidity trended higher recently with the local weather. Time to get some beads
  • Options
    Rocky P Sun Grown -- rested for four months. Nice burn on a cool nght.
  • Options
    Had a The Light Of Ybor a friend got me in Tampa, very tasty.
  • Options
    rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    Diesel Shorty. All I have to say is HOLY CRAP where have these been all my life. Such flavor, such spice. Amazing!!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had a great time at the General Cigar 50th aniv. event and enjoyed a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros. Damn fine cigar that starts with a light connie wrapper then changes to a darker more full flavored wrapper. I've had this cigar before and was pleased when I opened my box with the 3 free cigars inside and found one of them along with a Mac 1968, and a Punch Upper Cut. Also had a cutter and some matches. Also enjoyed a few nice glasses of Zaya rum. Nice evening with friends and got to meet Spud Webb and get a pic with him.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had an El Cobre tonight. Yummy!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    so you must be the culprit who sent me one in my massive bombing! lol..this is by far my favorite conny ever...have any more..im willing to trade ya pretty heavy to get my hands on more! lol
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    had an Alec Bradley Sun Grown Spicy Hot Stick.... STRONG.... yet complex not bad at all!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Nothing for me tonight.... Shame too... I've been smoking more recently, just didn't keep the streak alive
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    LFD DL 660. It was okay. I liked the smaller sizes a lot more. Everything sort of gets lost flavor-wise when you have a 60rg.
  • Options
    Just had my first Camacho Pre-Embargo. It will NOT be my last. What a great stick with subtle nuances, smooth smoke and full body. Had a spice in the back of my mouth, not pepper, but a spice, with flavors that made me want to go to Cuba. Thanks Wwhwang!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    MrMoke:
    CAO Gold Robusto

Had this lying in my humi 90+ days so figured I'd fire it up. Have enjoyed many of CAOs offerings such as the Brazilia (an old favorite), LX2, and an America that I smoked on July 4th this year.

Construction, burn, smoke etc were all good, some nice flavors, very subtle at that, but still very mild, a good noob stick, I'll venture!

Don't be put off by my comments, I've always liked CAOs offerings, I have enjoyed mild sticks in the past, even Macanudo!! Maybe, I wasn't in the mood for it tonight and should have selected a stick with a fuller profile, still I did nub it, so it wasn't all bad!!!!!

Interesting, getting ready to fire mine up in a couple of days as well
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Just lit up a 601 blue robusto. I have to wake for work in 5hr 40min. Im happy now but tomorrows gona hurt. This cigar has perfect construction. Just an awesome looking smoke. With all the hate on Pepin lately you still cant beat the 601 blends. IMO of course.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMoke:
    CAO Gold Robusto

i disagree.
    it is mild, but it is far from a "noob stick"

there are complexities in there that many "noobs" wouldnt even think to look for.

try it in the short perfecto. it really showcases the wrapper.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had an El Cobre last night. I was a bit underwhelmed by it. This was my first one and I have several laying around so I will definitely be revisiting.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Just had my first Camacho Pre-Embargo. It will NOT be my last. What a great stick with subtle nuances, smooth smoke and full body. Had a spice in the back of my mouth, not pepper, but a spice, with flavors that made me want to go to Cuba. Thanks Wwhwang!
    Can't believe I didn't see this earlier lol. Glad to see you enjoyed it and thanks for playing Saw