Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just had a nub maduro....always a great smoke. Solid burn, great draw, tons of smoke, very consistent smoke.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thinking Tatuaje Havana VI. But with a stomach virus I'm second guessing it...
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    vegassparky:
    Nick2021:
    Smoked a NUB Habano and my friend smoked a NUB Conneticut...great smokes! I will probably get a box of the Conneticut...still have yet to try the Maduro
    i think the maduro is there better of the three
    I'll have to give this one a try, it was the only one not included in the sampler
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    surfingzeeko:
    Gurkha Centurian last night, and a Camacho 1962 tonight.
    Was that the Pre-embargo I sent you from the Jigsaw package?
    nope, it was just a plain old 1962. I'm letting that one sit for as long as i can stand it, so probably a week or two lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    vegassparky:
    Nick2021:
    Smoked a NUB Habano and my friend smoked a NUB Conneticut...great smokes! I will probably get a box of the Conneticut...still have yet to try the Maduro
    i think the maduro is there better of the three
    I'll have to give this one a try, it was the only one not included in the sampler
    interesting.... the maduro was the one i liked the least.
    different strokes.....

today i had the opposite of a nub. i smoked a DPG blue in the A vitola (9 x 49)
    took me a touch over 4 hours.

if you have not had this cigar in this size, i recommend you do. ive had this cigar in most every other and this one was by far the best.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    god dam son! 4 hours...jesus..i got time..but not that much time...i killed a MAXX today...largest size they had in 1.5 hours
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Agreed 4 hours is ridiculous! You, sir, know how to enjoy the crap out of a cigar! I had my first oliva V tonight, very delicious. Got cut short though because my friend impaled his arm on a glass door and fainted. There may have been drinking involved :-P

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    T
    pnaylon:
    Agreed 4 hours is ridiculous! You, sir, know how to enjoy the crap out of a cigar! I had my first oliva V tonight, very delicious. Got cut short though because my friend impaled his arm on a glass door and fainted. There may have been drinking involved :-P

LOL. Sounds like you had a bit too much fun!
  • Options
    Just had my first Ruination. Solid smoke, good construction. Definitely has a place in my humidor.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Just had my first Ruination. Solid smoke, good construction. Definitely has a place in my humidor.
    Of all the smokes I've had, I have still not tried the Ruination... I'll have to pick up a 5pk of these sometime.

Well I just got off work and I'm about to hit the sack, but tomorrow I'll be off and my smoking buddy Nick is coming over so we can work on a few things, cook up some good food, and fire up some good smokes! I see an Air Bender in my near future...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Yesterday fired a MOW and a Cohiba Black, this morning fired a 5 Vegas Cask Strength...
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    last night i fired up a isom cohiba club.
  • Options
    Just finished a Davidoff Winston Churchill...great medium smoke combined with another night of decent weather....cinnamon cleared my sinus up quick lol
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Reserve Ltd. Oscuro. Very tasty stick.

RRS = Mmmmm
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    LFD Coronado Corona Gorda courtesy of a trade with TatuajeVI. Smoking it for a review to be posted on beta's site, ubicigar.com
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    last night i had a la herencia cubana original with a rum and coke. both were great. gonna have a patel bros maduro tonight.
  • Options
    God of fire 2006 Churchill by Carlito with
    Johnny walker Black

• Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Oliva O Maduro

One of the better Oliva's I've tried. Haven't really been an Oliva fan
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Cu-Avana Connecticut Toro today with my morning coffee. I'm revisiting some of the sticks I tried early on when I was first getting into cigars, and this is one of them. This wasn't bad, wasn't great either. The price is certainly nice. I have a few more of these and I think they'll make perfect morning homework cigars. A nice enough aroma, but not such a wonderful smoke as to distract me.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    I had a Cu-Avana Connecticut Toro today with my morning coffee. I'm revisiting some of the sticks I tried early on when I was first getting into cigars, and this is one of them. This wasn't bad, wasn't great either. The price is certainly nice. I have a few more of these and I think they'll make perfect morning homework cigars. A nice enough aroma, but not such a wonderful smoke as to distract me.
    The Intenso Torpedo is excellent. Full-bodied, spicy, smooth. One of my go-to's. Never had the connecticut.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Russ55:
    The Intenso Torpedo is excellent. Full-bodied, spicy, smooth. One of my go-to's. Never had the connecticut.
    I've had the toro, and it was ok. Is the the torpedo noticeably better or different?
  • Options
    Russ55:
    cholmes8310:
    Russ55:
    I've had the toro, and it was ok. Is the the torpedo noticeably better or different?
    Yes, the torpedo is noticeably better to me. I wasn't overly impressed with the Toro. This is one of the few cigars that I've been able to definitely tell the difference the vitola makes. I only buy the torpedoes now, and age them at least 4 months and they are great. The longer they sit, they better they are.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Russ55:
    cholmes8310:
    Russ55:
    Yes, the torpedo is noticeably better to me. I wasn't overly impressed with the Toro. This is one of the few cigars that I've been able to definitely tell the difference the vitola makes. I only buy the torpedoes now, and age them at least 4 months and they are great. The longer they sit, they better they are.
    Cool. I'll check them out.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Bolivar Royal Corona
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    A rare two-cigar night for me. A Casa Magna Colorado Robusto followed by a CAO Italia Novella.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Just finished an RP Decade Torpedo.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    surfingzeeko:
    How was it? I have a toro in my humi that I'm resting. I like the RP 92 and 90 so I hope the decade is good too.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I had a RP conneticut. Not bad. Mild and smooth. Very mild.
  • Options
    bigjohn125:
    surfingzeeko:
    How was it? I have a toro in my humi that I'm resting. I like the RP 92 and 90 so I hope the decade is good too.
    I'm also curious about this as I love some of the RP cigars
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Decade is a damn good smoke. The original run of them was much better, but the current line is still very nice. They get much better with some age on them. I smoked one about a month ago that had well over 2 years in the humidor that was phenomenal.