Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Sounds like a nice break Jason. Those Tatuaje Whites are pretty dang good for a mixed filler cigar.

Smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo el martillo right now, I just love these cigars.
    Now the Dark Corojo is a fantastic smoke! I agree though, the Tat Whites are a good smoke and stand up against a lot of long filler cigars on the market. I'm thinking about going with a Camacho Connie tonight. I haven't tried one yet but I've heard good things.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:

Smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo el martillo right now, I just love these cigars.
    those are good cigars. i like them in the Peligroso vitola myself. if you have not tried that one give it a shot.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Currently enjoying the hell out of an Alec Bradley tempus, drinking Cabo Wabo and uploading pictures to Flickr.
  • Options
    quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    Just finished a Macanudo Gold that burned perfectly! Good smoke on a hot afternoon.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cain F torp tonight...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:

those are good cigars. i like them in the Peligroso vitola myself. if you have not tried that one give it a shot.
    That's the corona-ish vitola, right? I want to give that one a try and see how the smaller ring gauge handles the blend.

PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Sounds like a nice break Jason. Those Tatuaje Whites are pretty dang good for a mixed filler cigar.

Now the Dark Corojo is a fantastic smoke! I agree though, the Tat Whites are a good smoke and stand up against a lot of long filler cigars on the market. I'm thinking about going with a Camacho Connie tonight. I haven't tried one yet but I've heard good things.
    I really enjoyed the Camacho Conn., very unique as far as Connecticuts go. Good cigar.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    SCCC by you know who.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Gurkha Centurian for the first time.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Pacman84:
    Smoking a Gurkha Centurian for the first time.
    let us know how it is! I've got a few resting and would love a review or some tasting notes!
  • Options
    Had my first 5 Vegas Gold Maduro, now I don't care for the regular 5 Vegas Gold, but the Maduro was FANTASTIC !
  • Options
    5 vegas series A "atomic" (the 6x58 guy)
  • Options
    Had a Montecristo No. 2 and a Padilla Dominus this morning...
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    About to go smoke my only Cuban :( a Comacho PE!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Diesel earlier today, which was good. Nice and peppery with some espresso, but I felt like having something else and since I had the time, so I did. My second one was a Vegas Cubanas by DPG. Nice smoke, very mellow with complex aroma.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I don't post in this thread much anymore as I have a pretty regular rotation (AAA, Diesel, Oscuro Fuerte) but had something different tonight. We had a nice thunderstorm earlier so it was a fairly cool evening, went and sat out under my maple tree in the front yard and enjoyed a 601 Blue Box-Pressed Maduro. I haven't had one of these for a very long time; this one was in the bottom of the humidor where it has been resting since 5/08. It was part of a sampler, may have even been from one of my very first CCOM orders. It was in perfect condition and was absolutely fabulous.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a Partagas Black label so far so good.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    just had a Cubao No.5 I got from the COTM club. Not bad, first 1/3 was excellent, last 2/3 got a little too harsh for my taste.
  • Options
    Pacman84:
    Just lit up a Partagas Black label so far so good.
    Love those, one of my all time favorites.

I'm probably going to have a 5 Vegas Cask Strength tonight if I don't fall asleep first!!
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I got in a mazo of of Olde World Reserve seconds the other day. I normally let things rest, but I dug right in, and have not been disappointed. It's hard to tell why they are "seconds", I'm very happy with this purchase.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Cuavana intenso torpedo with a year on it. Fantastic smoke. Sad sad day when i realized I only have one left. Need to order more quicklike and in a hurry.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Hybrid. Picking even more flavors now that my palate's developed. Still not sure why it's so cheap. I'd go so far as to say that it's almost as good as the Padilla Habano. Getting lots of cedar, gentle spice, cinnamon, and a bit of leather.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    wasn't tonight but sunday had a AF Anejo 77 Shark and then a SC Cuban cabinet. the SCCC had over a year on it and was very spicy and good. The Anejo 77 ... well its about my favorite smoke of all and they just seem to get better and better. This one had about 9 months on it.
  • Options
    diesel.

solid smoke.

had burn issues but it was clearly user error.
  • Options
    Had a MOW this evening...
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut robusto and a Slow Aged Perdomo robusto, both were meh... it'll be better tomorrow
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I had my first rocky patel vintage 1990 tonight. Heaven! I found my new favorite!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I just finished an Indian Tabac Maduro Torpedo. This is the second of these that I have had and they just don't do it for me. There are some flavors there that aren't bad, but there is an overlaying bitterness from start to finish which was at about the 2/3 point.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Cask II. Meh. It was okay.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    wasn't tonight but sunday had a AF Anejo 77 Shark and then a SC Cuban cabinet. the SCCC had over a year on it and was very spicy and good. The Anejo 77 ... well its about my favorite smoke of all and they just seem to get better and better. This one had about 9 months on it.
    I've still got the one from our bet resting in my humi... Going to have to wait for a special occasion to light it up, but I am looking forward to it greatly! Might even have an occasion in the near future... I'll let you know if it happens and I get to fire it up!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    I just finished an Indian Tabac Maduro Torpedo. This is the second of these that I have had and they just don't do it for me. There are some flavors there that aren't bad, but there is an overlaying bitterness from start to finish which was at about the 2/3 point.
    Had one the other night and share the same sentiments, the first third was good, the second third has little flavor unless I really heated the tobacco up and the final third has enough burn issues that it was just too acrid to smoke. When it was burning well it was good, but I just couldn't get it to stabilize. I had only rested it for two weeks but it only spend a day in transits shipped by a fellow BOTL so I figured it was safe.