Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a Diesel Unlimited...
  • sppd81sppd81 Posts: 26
    Half way finished with a Man O' War Ruination. What an amazing stick.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Today I started off with my first Intenso Churchill after a nice chicken sandwich for lunch. I thought this was a damn good smoke and it's only been in the humidor since Tuesday. Was a full bodied and full flavored smoke but a very rich and balanced cigar. I'm thinking some time in the humidor will make these an even better smoke.

Second up for the night after a big dinner was an Alec Bradley Tempus during the Rangers game. Great smoke as always during a great baseball game! Tomorrow night will be steaks and baked potatoes with another smoke during the game. Loving my nights off at home with the family!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Don Carlos no4
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    In about 30 minutes, El Mejor Emerald. I hope I don't wake up my neighbors with the cloud of smoke I am going to waft about.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Don Carlos no4
    been too long since ive had one of those...

i should change that. its a damn fine cameroon.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Burned a Nica Libre, whatever size the petite corona is called.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had my first JDN Antano Dark Corojo last night. I enjoyed it, but I think I little age will do them well. I only let em sit for a week or so.
    Had a Oliveros King Havano Claro this morning, not a fan...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This morning I had a AJ signature on the way to work and just finished a Calle Ocho. I am still packing 3 other sticks if time permits today
    Diamondog:
    Reading this is disappointing. Was it to young, or what? I've got a few of these resting.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Tat j21, really nice cigar. not as strong as I was expecting.
    stephen_hannibal:
    Diamondog:
    Reading this is disappointing. Was it to young, or what? I've got a few of these resting.

I got it in a trade....been sitting in my humi for a week or so...not sure how long in his...just didn't care for the flavor...also I have really moved in to a full bodied, full flavored mode and am guessing I will not return from this lol
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    or rather last night... I had a CAO Brazilia Gol! My recent experience with the Ipanema and some things I have read on the forum encouraged me to try the Gol!...it met my every expectation! It was actually a bit better than the Ipanema and I truly enjoyed that one. It definitely looks like there will be box purchases in the future for both of these.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    Don Carlos no4
    been too long since ive had one of those...

i should change that. its a damn fine cameroon.
    I was sort of disappointed with it. It just did not have the complexity I wanted it to have. Mild, creamy, and smooth, yes. But there was really only one big change in the profile, and that happened in the final third.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    This morning I had a AJ signature on the way to work and just finished a Calle Ocho. I am still packing 3 other sticks if time permits today
    I added a 5 Vegas "A" 6x58 (man stick) and a MOW robusto. Just had a nightcap of AJ signature torpedo (smooth as silk and tasty)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ending a week long no smoking streak(not by choice) with my first ever NUB maduro. Wow! What took me so long... I see many more of these in my future!
    Had a Padilla Miami tonight, great stick...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    AB SCR. Damn was it cold out there. I have to go unpack the gloves soon. Good thing I grabbed a robusto because I don't think I could have made it a few more minutes without my gloves and boots. Time to go in the attic.
  • I am a happy coach tonight! We ended our regular season with a 23-20 win to remain undefeated, 7-0. We play for the county championship next week. I decided to end the evening with a MOW Ruination and a beer while chillin in the hot tub,lol.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going with a Oliva G
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Enjoyed a Padron 3000 Maduro with a nice glass of Aberfeldy 12 Year single malt while watching a great game for the Rangers against the Yankees. Loving having the Rangers in the post season!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hopefully tonight I will get to finally test out the Diesel Unlimited. I have been really looking forward to this one. It has been about a month, maybe a little more, since I have had a smoke. I am really hoping this one does not upset!
    Had a Diesel Unlimited d.5 this morning...
    Diamondog:
    ..and your thoughts?
    phobicsquirrel:
    Diamondog:
    ..and your thoughts?
    I like it, nice powerful stick, quite different from the UHC....I am still waiting to try the d.6 that is more my preference in vitola....this is a good daily stick for me for the time being...
  • the d6 is good, but the 7x58 is really really good, if you have the time to smoke it! They take about 2 1/2hrs to finish.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Thinking about sitting outside and having an El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga Oscuro...been in humi since April, should be ready to burn.
    Diamondog:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Diamondog:
    ..and your thoughts?
    I like it, nice powerful stick, quite different from the UHC....I am still waiting to try the d.6 that is more my preference in vitola....this is a good daily stick for me for the time being...
    sweet, thanks.
    Had a Pirates Gold 6x60 from Kellys DD not bad not great.
    Had a Gran Habano Blue Label on the ride home, a few more months of rest and these will be perfect.