Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Nica Libre in the AM
    These are aging very well. Going to have to stash more.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    stephen_hannibal:
    Nica Libre in the AM

How much time do you have on them? I've got a box and was considering againg half or more....well as much as I haven't been smoking probably more like most of the box since winter is right around the corner.
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Nica Libre in the AM

How much time do you have on them? I've got a box and was considering againg half or more....well as much as I haven't been smoking probably more like most of the box since winter is right around the corner.
    Probably only 2 months... they have smoothed out a ton.
    Going to stash the rest til next year.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Nica Libre in the AM

I was thinking a year would be about right for them. Not that they are bad ROTT just think that just a little age and they would be fantastic.
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Nica Libre in the AM

I was thinking a year would be about right for them. Not that they are bad ROTT just think that just a little age and they would be fantastic.
    Yeah I agree they have improved immensely since I got them.
    But a year does seem like it would be about right.

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Padron 40th anni maduro tonight, wonderful stick...want to attempt a review on it after I have had 1 or 2 more...
  • i am not sure what to smoke one of the 5 vegas, cain, or nubs?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tonight I had a La Aurora 107 Corona. WOW! Fantastic cigar! I'm glad I have another of these in the humidor!
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Gurkha Triple Ligero. Powerful smoke. Didn't quite fit my mood, though. I was wishing for an RP Connecticut or a 5 Vegas classic.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited. I enjoyed the stick, not the power bomb people have suggested. Sort of sweet and mellow, but full bodied. Reminded me of a Oliva V.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Gurkha Dragonfire last night. This was my second one. It had about ayear on it and it tasted just like the first one. When lighting the shaggy foot and smoking the cigar tastes really good but when it gets to the wrapper it just falls flat and is bland. The draw was a little tight and the burn was even almost the whole way. I can't imagine why it falls flat. Maybe I should just smoke the inch with no wrapper then toss!

My second cigar of the night was my first ever Liga Privada T52 courtesy of Jeff whom I got to have dinner with last night along with his wife, my g/f and a few other friends. Jeff is a great guy. Brought me a few gifts too, which is much appreciated! We enjoyed food, drink, talk, cigars... It was a great night to hang. Jeff is the first forum member that I have met. I was sad having to drop them off last night. With that being said, I am paying the price today. Can't keep my eyes open at work!

After dropping them off at the train I lit up a LGC that I got in the cotm club. Draw was tight, burn was ok flavor was ehh. About half way I got tar buildup no doubt from the tight draw. Had to chuck it. Didnt want to deal with it.
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked a Gurkha Dragonfire last night. This was my second one. It had about ayear on it and it tasted just like the first one. When lighting the shaggy foot and smoking the cigar tastes really good but when it gets to the wrapper it just falls flat and is bland. The draw was a little tight and the burn was even almost the whole way. I can't imagine why it falls flat. Maybe I should just smoke the inch with no wrapper then toss!

My second cigar of the night was my first ever Liga Privada T52 courtesy of Jeff whom I got to have dinner with last night along with his wife, my g/f and a few other friends. Jeff is a great guy. Brought me a few gifts too, which is much appreciated! We enjoyed food, drink, talk, cigars... It was a great night to hang. Jeff is the first forum member that I have met. I was sad having to drop them off last night. With that being said, I am paying the price today. Can't keep my eyes open at work!

After dropping them off at the train I lit up a LGC that I got in the cotm club. Draw was tight, burn was ok flavor was ehh. About half way I got tar buildup no doubt from the tight draw. Had to chuck it. Didnt want to deal with it.
    How was the T52? I am very interested in these...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    didn't like the dragon fire? hmm, I have never had them do what yours do. I really like them.
    Had a Perdomo Habano Connecticut Robusto more peppery than I remember... didn't smooth out til the end.
    An on the ride home I had a Cuban Primeros... I will be getting more of these.
    Smooth, perfect construction, and a slightly sweet spice that lasted the entire stick. Factor in the price and I have to say this is a winner.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Enjoying a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro robusto.
  • Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Cohiba this evening
    Had an H. Upmann Mag 50, can't say enough about this stick, phenominal...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Nothing in over 2 weeks.......... whats wrong with me??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Had an H. Upmann Mag 50, can't say enough about this stick, phenominal...
    It really is DD, love this cigar.

First up today was a San Miguel toro, I'm really digging this cigar a lot. Later I lit up a Graycliff 1666 robusto, flavor was good to start but the draw was tight from the punch, once I clipped it to open up the draw the flavor went away. I've given the 1666 too many chances, I'm officially done with it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today was a 2 cigar day.
    one is a cigar that every time i smoke i am more and more impressed with... the JdN Celebracion.
    i mean, it IS just an Antano with a different wrapper...

the other cigar i was pleasantly surprised with.
    J. Fuego 777 corojo.
    Wrapper: Brazilian Corojo Binder: Nicaraguan Corojo Filler: Nicaragua Corojo and Criollo
    it had a nice flavor to it and a lot of elements that i like in milder cigars but with a fuller body. to top it off, the price was great to. check em out if you can.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a Diesel UHC last night....my first cigar in over a week and a half...what the hell is wrong with me..
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had a 5 Vegas Miami last night. I think this has become my standard fallback cigar - when I can't decide on what I want, I find myself reaching for this one.
    Found a Knuckle in my aging humi... great morning smoke!
    Can't wait to get the ones from the DD.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had a LHCOF (delicious as always) and a Punch gran puro which had a helluva time staying lit. I'm really having a hard time getting into Punch. I've got one more left.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    If the gods are with me, it will be a LP 9 Dirty Rat tonight.
    Had a Bolivar Belicoso Fino this morning...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Diamondog:
    Had a Bolivar Belicoso Fino this morning...
    When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Problem is, we're probably around the same age.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    thinking of doing something Gurkha. Maybe Spec Ops or maybe Centurian not sure.

What you guys think?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:

What you guys think?
    Centurian's one of my favorites. I'd suggest doing that and letting your Spec Ops age a little bit.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    wwhwang:
    RaschNuts:

What you guys think?
    Centurian's one of my favorites. I'd suggest doing that and letting your Spec Ops age a little bit.
    I was leaning that way so that's what I will do. The centurion is only like 2 months old but more age then the spec ops.