Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Started last night out with a Ave Maria corona from the AJ deal. Then moved on to a AB Prensado that I have had for a while. Lastly was a LHC corona, also from the AJ deal. Decent night of smokes, but haven't been smoking much at all lately and the nicotine really kicked my butt!!
  • Options
    Either a Nub Conn or Gurkha Crest. Not sure yet.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Last night had a Diesel Unlimited d7 - very good; today, my Padilla '68 order from the March Madness arrived, so I'll take one of those badboys out for a spin
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LHCOF...love these smokes.
  • Options
    Padilla '68 followed by an Oliva Series V torp with about a year on it.

Didn't care much for the Oliva V - good cigar with good balance, but the flavors just don't do anything for me, which is surprising, since I like the Series O and Connecticut Reserve.

Padilla '68 is an odd stick - reminds me kinda of the LHC Dos Capas, but some different flavors that I've never tasted before. Not really sure what to think of it - right now it's kinda 'meh', but I'll lay the other 9 down for some rest and see what happens

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Padilla '32 torpedo. Wasn't very good. I picked up some of these off the auction site last year, and they've been all over the place. Some were great, some were ok, but this one was just bad. I think I have 4 left if anyone wants 'em. I'm going to put up a trade thread soon.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 601 Green tonight, very tight draw, disappointed...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14hr work day= 6 hours OT= MOW Puro right now...damn this stick is good!
  • Options
    San Miguel Belicoso... and so far it's WONDERFUL.

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I love reading about all the great sticks you BOTL are smoking! Last night I had a Frank's Way. Slight burn issues, but there's still 2 feet of snow on the ground.....that might not be helping, lol.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel UHC this morning...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tat black torpedo
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    heading to a cigar bar with a buddy at 5 tonight for a couple smokes and probably some scotch. I'm definitely taking a MOW Puro with me, and I'm thinking a nice medium bodied maduro sounds about right as an extra. Maybe even something like a Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Hopefully I won't be too drunk later to post the actual line-up ha!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a DE natural pimp stick on my way in this morning.

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just tried to have a 5V Gold Mad. I usually love this stick to point I bought a box, but this one was terrible. Tight draw and plugged to the point it wouldn't stay lit. Glad I know this is a fluke,
  • Options
    Oliva Conn. Res. - was kinda iffy on these when I first tried them, but they've been growing on me for awhile now
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Maduro. Not a bad stick for a beginer palate, but it wasnt for me. Tasted bland and reminded me of the time I hit on a beautiful supermodel... Just a huge waste of my time!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Avo LE 10. Excellent as usual.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Maduro. Not a bad stick for a beginer palate, but it wasnt for me. Tasted bland and reminded me of the time I hit on a beautiful supermodel... Just a huge waste of my time!
    I didn't even know they made a Vintage 1999 Maduro! Strange...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just got finished with an 09 Oliva V Maduro I've had in the humi for a little over a year. Not bad at all, but not nearly as good as I was hoping. I was planning on keeping the others I had to age more, but I'm not sure now. I may end up trading the rest of them.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokin an RP 1961 @ the moment..not bad..so far so good
  • Options
    Had a CAO CX2 beli on the ride home and OMG it was amazing.

• Options
    Gurkha Centurian with about a year on it - good cigar, but not to my liking; I liked them better when they were younger with only a month or two on them -then, the first half wasn't that good, but the second half was pretty good. Now after a year, the entire cigar is kinda 'meh' for me - first half is better than it used to be, but second half isn't as good as I remember it
  • Options
    lakervinlakervin Posts: 3
    smokin a liga privado double corona habano,never had one lookin forward to it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:

Yeah, I always have really liked those, especially when I'm in the mood for alot of natural sweetness.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:

Yeah, I always have really liked those, especially when I'm in the mood for alot of natural sweetness.
    Dude you were right they are great smokes!

• Options
    Just finished up an LFD Airbender...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:

Dude you were right they are great smokes!

Right on, glad you dig 'em.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Oliva Conn. Reserve double toro . Pretty good and took a while !
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Had the Diesel from the AJ Corona Sampler. Damn good small cigar.