Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LHCOF while drinking some beers and eating crawfish.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Going out for a MOW Puro....hey was anyone else's box missing the instructions, binder and wrapper to roll the tobacco?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Going out for a MOW Puro....hey was anyone else's box missing the instructions, binder and wrapper to roll the tobacco?
    Wouldn't that be cool, a DIY cigar rolling kit? Alex? ;)
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    JDN Antano Consul.

MOW corona.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    heading to a cigar bar with a buddy at 5 tonight for a couple smokes and probably some scotch. I'm definitely taking a MOW Puro with me, and I'm thinking a nice medium bodied maduro sounds about right as an extra. Maybe even something like a Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Hopefully I won't be too drunk later to post the actual line-up ha!
    I ended up having a MOW Puro and a Macanudo Vintage 1997 (the one with the cool stainless steel band) as well as a bit of Macallan 12 yr. The MOW was amazing as always, and the Macanudo was just alright. The scotch was pretty decent, but I think I liked the 18 better.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    To celebrate the awesome deal I got on some El Cobres today, I dug out one of the few remaining El Cobres I have left from January of last year. What an awesome smoke, plenty of spice, lots of flavor all the way through, and definitely a full-bodied smoke. I am sooooo glad I have 40 more of these coming!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    PuroFreak:
    DSWarmack:
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Maduro. Not a bad stick for a beginer palate, but it wasnt for me. Tasted bland and reminded me of the time I hit on a beautiful supermodel... Just a huge waste of my time!
    I didn't even know they made a Vintage 1999 Maduro! Strange...

I'm pretty sure thats what it was, Ill see if I can find my buddy and snag a picture of one. It was tiny and looked like a supository. Took like 40 minutes to smoke it.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Thinking of a Diesel Unlimited d7, but damn, are these things ever huge - I can never seem to nub these before the nicotine hits me like a sack of bricks
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Thinking of a Diesel Unlimited d7, but damn, are these things ever huge - I can never seem to nub these before the nicotine hits me like a sack of bricks
    ENFIDL was telling me he cuts the d7 in half so they don't take forever and they are great that way. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Ohyeah.. And I'm enjoying a La Aurora 107
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Nice, how is it? I really want to try one of these.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Nice, how is it? I really want to try one of these.
    Really good.. I'm terrible at flavor recognition but it gets my stamp of approval lol. I was tired of hearing about them and finally found one at a different B&M than my usual.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    JDN Cabinetta Serie, my first one. I prefer more body, but not bad. The George Dickel 12 probably helps.
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Me too. I'm enjoying the lancero 107 with coffee.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Having my 1st My Father 1922 in 14 months.
    The chuchill. Ah why did I wait so long. Probably my favorite cigar.

No wonder I like the 601 line so much. They are produced at the My Father factory. I actually find a lot of similarities to the 601 blue in this cigar. Pairing with a Modus Hoperandi IPA.
  • Options
    Two cigar day for me, haven't had one of these in a while. I just finished a Tat Series P corona with a decent amount of age on it. Man, for a budget smoke, these sure do the trick.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet.. 47 on the back porch.. spring is on the way..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Illusione MJ12
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Today was a 2fer day for me as well. Early afternoon was a PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Toro (yum!) and later after lunch was a MOW Figurado that seemed relatively bland. Was a bit puzzled about the MOW as the PDR seemed to just explode w flavor.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Illusione MJ12
    One of my absolute favorites. I always pick these up when I'm down in Lake Charles (closest B&M). They are one of the only cigars I pay full MSRP for without complaining, lol. It would be super cool if Ccom started carrying them regularly and threw up a few 5ers on the daily deal though. Oh well, we can dream.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Too bad its gettin cold, could really go for a chisel mady to follow up this 1922!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    5 vegas classic churchill while golfing in an absolute storm. Good tough stick with great flavor
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Perdomo 10th anniversary Maduro
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    xIcedGuardianx:
    xmacro:
    ENFIDL was telling me he cuts the d7 in half so they don't take forever and they are great that way. Just a thought.
    Not a bad idea; I'll give it a try
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    lit up a partagas black label.....so i had this before and it was bland....this one has over a year on it....the wrapper was starting to brown....stuck together too.....the stick was solid...oil yet rough and bumpy....got to say it still is the best smelling cigar on the market....yet, still bland lol
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    MoW Original corona this afternoon. just finished Diesel Unlimited corona
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Last night I had a Montecristo No. 2 and this morning a Bolivar belicosos fino...
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Relaxing in the bunker behind my building with a Perdomo lot 23 and a bottle of sweet tea. Nice evening for me.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    El Triunfador. So far so good.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Tried the ITC10th for lunch. Flavor was good construction was bad. Gave up 1/4 into it. I'll have to try another to find out the real flavors.