madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    Had a Nub Connecticut last night. Deeply enjoyable
    Can't go wrong with a Nub.
    Few truer things have been said.
    "If it's brown flush it down"
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    P.s. I had half of an ITC 10th anniversary churchill (?)

From what I remember it was pretty decent, but the Miller Lite was flowing hardcore so I didn't concentrate too much on the cigar
  • Options
    You'll have that.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Well, I finished the I-Press tonight. Threw t away with over 2 inches left. I know what I did not like about it. The draw was way to free. I only used a punch but it drew to much for me to get a good taste. Felt kinda soft when I was feeling it. Maybe just a bad one. I'll try again though just not right away. I have a long drive on Saturday. I have to pick out two. One for the ride there and one for the ride back. Not sure yet what it will be. I'm thinking maybe that Ashton ESG and the Decade or the Triple Maduro that I still have not smoked.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    After reading Duty's post last night, I decided to try out the 601 Connecticut robusto that I've had for a few months tonight. And a little more than an hour later, I'm ready to throw out everything I thought I knew about a Connecticut wrapped cigar as this one laid my previous experience with that wrapper to waste. Full flavored, medium-full in body and oh so delicious. Needless to say, I enjoyed this one a good bit and will be looking forward to the next one, whenever that may be.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Well, just got back inside from smoking a fuente hemingway and drinking a bottle of shiraz from a texas winery Llano. Both were awesome and now I need to crawl into bed.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tonight was a RP Olde World Reserve Maduro Torpedo. Started out a little loose, but turned into a great smoke.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Tonight the B&M had an Ashton tasting. I smoked a Heritage, with a few glasses of scotch. Quite tasty. I bought a few various sticks with the event discounts, and won another Heritage in the drawing. Then went to Hooters for dinner. Not a bad evening.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Had a hemmingway short story tonight with a glass of Macallan 12 year single malt while relaxing on my front porch with the wife.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I tried my first CAO Cameroon L'Anniversaire. It's hard to say what I thought of it. I've never had a cigar this loose. It was so loose, I don't even think it was loose; I think it was just underfilled at the factory. Way underfilled.

The flavor was okay, but I seriously doubt what I tasted was what these cigars are supposed to taste like. I've got 4 more, so hopefully I'll learn more when I get around to them.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    throw out everything I thought I knew about a Connecticut wrapped cigar
    Exactly! I'm glad you felt the same way about it. A very fascinating cigar.

Urby, that's a bummer about the CAO. My experience with that cigar was much different. Construction, draw, and burn were all excellent. The flavor was very Fuente with a touch of spice. I thought for sure you'd love that one.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I haven't been smoking crap lately... It's been... hrmmm... don't even remember... I think Sat was my last one? I ended up being busy and tired on Sunday night, then Monday I was sick as a dog and giving up lunch and dinner to the porcelain gods... Tuesday I was still not feeling great, and tired, then later that evening started having terrible back pain... Turns out apparently while paying tribute to the porcelain gods, I managed to pull something out of place in my back and/or pull a muscle... Yesterday I was down for the count most of the day and by the time my back was feeling better I was considering going out for a smoke when I realized my throat was raw and irritated... Now apparently I'm getting a sore throat... So who knows when the hell I'll get another smoke! LOL

So in summary... Screw all y'all that are able to smoke... LOL
  • Options
    Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I probably won't get one in until Sunday, if I'm lucky. I was planning to have one tonight. It's my wife's turn to host the women's neighborhood Bunco group, so I was gonna make my way outside after the kids were in bed. It's outrageously windy, and likely to rain. I hate smoking in a strong wind (not to mention reading a book, so that's out). Same forecast for tomorrow night, with almost certain rain. Saturday, I plan to go out rock climbing wherever the rain isn't fallin in NC, and probably won't get one in then, either.
  • Options
    Finally getting around to smoking the Rocky Patel Signature. I liked the signature 500. This one seems a little light but I am not done with it yet.
  • Options
    rusirius:
    I haven't been smoking crap lately... It's been... hrmmm... don't even remember... I think Sat was my last one? I ended up being busy and tired on Sunday night, then Monday I was sick as a dog and giving up lunch and dinner to the porcelain gods... Tuesday I was still not feeling great, and tired, then later that evening started having terrible back pain... Turns out apparently while paying tribute to the porcelain gods, I managed to pull something out of place in my back and/or pull a muscle... Yesterday I was down for the count most of the day and by the time my back was feeling better I was considering going out for a smoke when I realized my throat was raw and irritated... Now apparently I'm getting a sore throat... So who knows when the hell I'll get another smoke! LOL

So in summary... Screw all y'all that are able to smoke... LOL
    Well that would explain why we haven't seen much of you these past couple days. I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Options
    OK. I did not like the Signature. Not a lot of taste and the last 3rd tasted like amonia. I still have 5 or 6 Signature 500 that I do like so I am ok with it. I think of it as a learning experience. No smoking for me tomorrow. Saturday I will pick it back up.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    You know you're ill when you pull a back musle vomitting...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had a Man o War while playing 9 today. Shot 45, which isn't bad for me. This ended up being a great cigar for golf. For some reason, I wasn't expecting too much from this stick...not sure if I read negative press about it somewhere?

But it burned great (which obviously helps when you're golfing) and had a good consistent flavor that didn't require a lot of focus from me to enjoy. I can't remember if I got this from Scrambler or Joe, so apologies, but whoever it was, thank you!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I had the same last night, mine was great with a perfect draw. Hopefully the rest of yours will be better. Tonight was a Sol Cubano Sumatra.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Well that would explain why we haven't seen much of you these past couple days. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Indeed... I'm feeling much better now though... Actually I was considering going out to have a smoke tonight, but it's pouring the rain and the few other times I've tried smoking while it was pouring I found my smoke got screwed up about half way through... Too much humidity I guess...
    Luko:
    You know you're ill when you pull a back musle vomitting...
    If you're gonna do something, you might as well put your full effort into it... If it's time to dump the stomach, might as well make sure there's nothing left... ;)
  • Options
    I can't decide if I want a oliva box pressed series G or O tonight. Gotta ha e something to match that new ashtray I got in last weeks one day deal. Which is beautiful by the way. Killer deal. That ashtray alone was worth the money.
  • Options
    Joey Petersen:
    I can't decide if I want a oliva box pressed series G or O tonight. Gotta ha e something to match that new ashtray I got in last weeks one day deal. Which is beautiful by the way. Killer deal. That ashtray alone was worth the money.
    I see this is your first post... WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! Enjoy your ashtray and your smokes!

Stop by out Newbie welcome thread and say what's up!
  • Options
    Joey -- you ever... seen a grown man naked?
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I should have had the honor of saying that. Tonight I had a Oliva Series G Cameroon. I enjoyed the sweet spot. The after taste was of coffee, maybe even mocha. It also went well with the Goose Island I was drinking. Smooth cigar, smooth beer. No burn issues at all. Taste was creamy. When I finally break down and buy a humidor, I will definitly have a couple of these in there at all times. I'm done until monday or tuesday. I'm going on vacation to Colorado and I have a plan to buy a cigar, drive to the mountains, park my car where I can see the sunset and have a smoke.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    This is only the SECOND TIME I've ever laughed out loud literally and had to catch my breath...

Thank you doody!
  • Options
    You guys... I love Airplane, that's gotta be my top goofball-comedy of all time.

Tonight was a failed Fuente Don Carlos #4. This one had a super tight draw and left a particularly bitter taste on my lips. One of the few cigars I've laid down less than 2 inches in, it just wasn't doing anything for me and was more work than it was worth. I already hurt my back today, no sense in herniating a disc trying to get a decent puff on this cigar. Hopefully the next attempt some months down the road will yield better results.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tonight was a RP Edge toro. First time, started out just ok, but got better as it went along. Overall it was ok, but I there are many other RP's (90,92,99, Decade, Olde World, Sungrown) that I like much more.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm going on vacation to Colorado and I have a plan to buy a cigar, drive to the mountains, park my car where I can see the sunset and have a smoke.
    You know, oddly enough, Colorado isn't actually a state. It's just a color.

I say . . . let 'em crash.