Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think I'm gonna go have one of the Gran Habano VLs what doody talked me into buying. It better be good, or he is so gonna take a beating.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I just brewed some espresso for a latte, then lit up a Camacho 1962. I have 2 papers due in the morning, one at 9, the other at 11, so I'll be up for a while. Fortunately they are both just quick 2 pagers.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    I just brewed some espresso for a latte, then lit up a Camacho 1962. I have 2 papers due in the morning, one at 9, the other at 11, so I'll be up for a while. Fortunately they are both just quick 2 pagers.
    i dont think i could do that. when i smoke a cigar by myself i often find myself getting lost in it. I spend too much time thinking how it tastes and feels. i get to relaxed to do work.

when im with people i do the same but i let the good times roll.
  • Options
    Doody's safe. The VL is a very nice cigar. This one was a bit plugged, but the flavor was definitely there. Good call, dood.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    Doody's safe. The VL is a very nice cigar. This one was a bit plugged, but the flavor was definitely there. Good call, dood.
    *whew*

I was a little worried about those.. they don't have a huge amount of age on them (3 yrs), and since you shipped 2, I'm going to save them for a very special ocassion. Honestly, you should thank Alex for this one -- or whoever wrote the blurb in the aging room. That's what sold me on the cigar.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    That '62 is a nice relaxing cigar. Medium body, easy flavor, good draw. I may have one today.
  • Options
    urbino:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm going on vacation to Colorado and I have a plan to buy a cigar, drive to the mountains, park my car where I can see the sunset and have a smoke.

I say . . . let 'em crash.
    Huh?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Well, my plans got canceled for tonight so I am smoking that Indian Tabac that we got in the cotm club last time. Tonight, if I get my way I will smoke the Rocky Patel Decade and then tomorrow the Ashton ESG and Camacho Triple Maduro.
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    urbino:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm going on vacation to Colorado and I have a plan to buy a cigar, drive to the mountains, park my car where I can see the sunset and have a smoke.

I say . . . let 'em crash.
    Huh?
    Dude... it's a quote from Airplane... didn't you have an Airplane character as your Avatar up until about 20 mins ago?
  • Options
    I just got a box of NUB 460 Cameroon.
    I smoked one straight out of the box with (too) much anticipation.

Easy draw, almost too easy.
    Great full smoke.
    Too bad I had some burn issues. Still it lasted over an hour and 20 minutes.

I noticed some nutty flavors, and now I forgot what the other dominating taste was.
    This was a very nice smoke.

I am happy I got a box.
    Time for some tradin'. I already gave one to my neighbor.
  • Options
    Still haven't had a chance to try the Cameroon. Would love to though. Sure would be great if there happened to be one in that pass. ;)
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Joey Petersen:
    I can't decide if I want a oliva box pressed series G or O tonight. Gotta ha e something to match that new ashtray I got in last weeks one day deal. Which is beautiful by the way. Killer deal. That ashtray alone was worth the money.
    I see this is your first post... WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! Enjoy your ashtray and your smokes!

Stop by out Newbie welcome thread and say what's up!

Thanks for the welcome! I didn't quite get a chance to enjoy one of those olivas, but I am gonna light up a nice cusano dbl 18 ct today for sure. But thanks again for the warm welcome guy and gals!!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Joey Petersen:
    I can't decide if I want a oliva box pressed series G or O tonight. Gotta ha e something to match that new ashtray I got in last weeks one day deal. Which is beautiful by the way. Killer deal. That ashtray alone was worth the money.
    I see this is your first post... WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! Enjoy your ashtray and your smokes!

Stop by out Newbie welcome thread and say what's up!

Thanks for the welcome! I didn't quite get a chance to enjoy one of those olivas, but I am gonna light up a nice cusano dbl 18 ct today for sure. But thanks again for the warm welcome guy and gals!!
  • Options
    Joey -- you ever... been in a Turkish prison?
  • Options
    what's with all the hating on Joey?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Joey Petersen:
    Don't pay any attention to these guys.. Hey Joey, do you like movies about Gladiators ?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Joey Petersen:

It probably goes back to the way you treated Kareem...
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tonight was a Coronado by LaFlor. Good smoke, quite potent!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Joey Petersen:
    Don't pay any attention to these guys.. Hey Joey, do you like movies about Gladiators ?
    LMAO!!

I promised Yahoo that I wouldn't be able to smoke until at least Sunday, but that was a lie. I decided that the best way to get through this downpour of biblical proportions was to prop up a chair in the garage and smoke the rains away... and boy am I glad I did!

I chose to fire up one of my most highly-anticipated smokes ever. When I joined this forum, there was lots of hubbub about the Legends purple label, and that has been high on my "to do" list ever since. Fortunately, a pair of these babies showed up on the boffo birthday sampler. I just came inside after a spectacular 90+ minute smoke, and I am pleased to report that this thing lived up to its hype. What an amazing smoke. The flavor and aroma were sensational. If I had to register a complaint, I would say that the draw was tight, but the smoke was still so plentiful that it didn't even matter.

I have become the resident cigar-pusher of the neighborhood, and a buddy came over this evening to bum a smoke. I considered giving him the other of these, but I was gripped with fear that if I gave away the last one, and I loved the cigar, it would be a long time before I'd get a chance to pick one up. So I shuffled him out the door with a La Herencia de Cuba (which I've not yet tried), and went about my business. I am SOOO glad I didn't give up the other purple label, because I'm going to selfishly covet that one and keep it all to myself.

Thanks again, urby! That was perfect!
  • Options
    Glad to make another convert, dood. You're 3rd-generation. Kas, peace be upon him, converted me. (It's all a big pyramid scheme.)

Anyway, they really are pretty tasty, aren't they?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Glad to make another convert, dood. You're 3rd-generation. Kas, peace be upon him, converted me. (It's all a big pyramid scheme.)

Hey Urbi, so first of all, are you ever going to call my daughter back ?... She waits by the phone night after night.. Nineteen and now she's too old for you ? Thanks for all the peace you are throwing my way.. How you doin' ?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Hey Urbi, so first of all, are you ever going to call my daughter back ?... She waits by the phone night after night.. Nineteen and now she's too old for you ? Thanks for all the peace you are throwing my way.. How you doin' ?
    He's too busy with my girlfriend, I've been too busy building my Coolerdor and neglecting her

P.s. Urbino... I like the broach you bought her
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra media noche. This was a pretty good cigar with rich, dark flavors, smoked smooth as silk and burned as sharp as a razor. And it burns really slow, so it is perfect for settling down and relaxing the time away, I clocked in around 100 minutes and there was still an inch left unburned. Another two enthusiastic thumbs up.

I'm another Purple-urple convert ala urby. Those cigars are something else, especially at their price, hard to beat really.

Joe
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    Tonight was as Oliva Serie O, this was a smooth smoke with a light flavor.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

He's too busy with my girlfriend, I've been too busy building my Coolerdor and neglecting her

P.s. Urbino... I like the broach you bought her
    Broach? Is that what she told you it was? That was for, um, a very special piercing.

Love 'em and leave 'em, kas. That's just how I roll. We can still be FWBs, if she wants.

And with that, I think I'll go out and smoke one of j0z3r's LFD Cameroons, since I didn't the other night.
  • Options
    BTW, joez, this LFD, its pre-light aroma is gas station men's room. This isn't the first cigar I've noticed that about, but it's the first time I've thought to post about it.
  • Options
    urbino:
    BTW, joez, this LFD, its pre-light aroma is gas station men's room. This isn't the first cigar I've noticed that about, but it's the first time I've thought to post about it.
    haha, I hadn't thought of that...I don't even think I've run across anything that reminds me of that. I hope you enjoy the post-light aroma as much as I do.
  • Options
    I did. No men's room in the smell or flavor, once it's lit. What an excellent cigar. You pegged this one right. Perfect burn (cool, even, slow), great flavor and lots of it.

Once I've burned through these you sent me, I'll definitely be buying more. Thanks!
  • Options
    My pleasure, glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm looking to spark up one of those RP Vintage 1992s you sent me a little while back. Been holding off on them to let them settle in good.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Enjoying the morning sitting on the back porch, it's a nice "soft" morning, overcast but not too cool, finally stopped raining. In what's become almost a Saturday morning tradition, I'm enjoying a Natural "Root" paired with a triple shot cappuccino. Sublime. And almost too relaxing, not sure I'm going to want to get anything done today. This robusto has been going for an hour now and still has a bit left. I've been smoking these beauties down to the last 3/4 inch... and have a new box on backorder.