Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked a cigar from the cotm club about 6 - 7 months ago. I can't remember what it was last night but it had a foot label and regular label and there was a leaf on the label. I'll have to look it up.
    Sounds like Quesada
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    nikostewart:
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked a cigar from the cotm club about 6 - 7 months ago. I can't remember what it was last night but it had a foot label and regular label and there was a leaf on the label. I'll have to look it up.
    Sounds like Quesada
    That might be it. Did the second band possibly say tributo or something?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Man O' War original. IIt's been a while since my last one. The wind's not helping at all, but I'm getting lots of mocha, spice, pepper, and cocoa.

I should probably go to Walper's and see if they can replace my Xikar EX. Just bought the thing before I moved. Now, there's something shaking about inside and the flame's pretty low even when full and on high.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    rwheelwright:
    nikostewart:
    rwheelwright:
    Sounds like Quesada
    Yup, same one I have sitting in my Humi
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    nikostewart:
    rwheelwright:
    nikostewart:
    rwheelwright:
    Sounds like Quesada
    Yup, same one I have sitting in my Humi
    That is a damn fine cigar! I tried the Tributo about 6 months ago and I was very impressed.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gurkha Regent box-pressed torpedo. Horrible smoke output - very thin - about the same as you see when the cigar is just sitting in your hand. Not really any kind of flavor either, and it's hard to keep lit - practically gagging myself trying to draw often enough to keep it lit.

For now, I'll just chalk it up to maybe being overhumidified ROTT, and try the other 4 later
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Obsidian. I thought some time would cure the imbalance in the burn Nope. Frustration made me put it out half way through. Coffee, leather, pepper were all good, but damm that crazy burn.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Cubao robusto, sitting on my front porch on a nice spring afternoon. My love for all things DPG grows deeper...
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    smoking a BOTL Small Batch ROTT damn tasty imo should age wonderfully
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Oliva Serie V from 12/18/09. Smooooooth...and still packs a wallop!
  • Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    just finish a W&D robusto.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a MOW Puro while watering the lawn.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a 5 Vegas gold toro today. My first cigar in a week and a half. Very relaxing.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I don't usually have a computer with me while I enjoy a cigar, so I tend to post a day late.
    The stick of choice for tonight:
    Cohiba Sublimes.
    A slow burning treat that packs a punch right from the start. Flavours that I don't often find in a Cuban cigar. Dark, toasted wood, almost like it was aged in a burned out barrel, but in a good way. Spice through the nose, and something that I just can't put into words. Draw is as near to perfection as I can ask for. Not something for the beginner smoker, but worth trying at least once. Too bad I only have 24 of these beautys left!

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Had a DPG Cuban Classic tonight, the Robusto, while watering the lawn after the little one went to bed. I've been in a little bit of a cigar rut lately, where everything's been tasting the same, and this was my first DPG CC. Fantastic Cigar. Perfect to break the rut I've been in.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    started out with a CAO Cx2 the pre-light draw was firm and got worse after the first 2 inches.
    I virtually could not get any smoke from it. I noticed a hard lump area about 1 1/2 inches from the cap.
    Finally I had to sacrifice it and open it up and to my shock the lump was a wadded up ball of short filler in the middle of the long filler bunch.
    I guess I found my plug, it was sad since 5 inches went to waste.
    I then moved on to a JdN Fuerte.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Had a good day with the tax guy so I smoked a Partagas 150. Then had a better day at the jeweler so I smoked an OpusX fuente fuente.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a RP Decade anny this morning...
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    After a long flight to Spain I had a hearty meal, some wine, and a Nub Maduro. Wanna ease into it, nothing fancy. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started last night with a Gurkha Warlord. The cigar felt too moist especially when I punched it but the draw was fine. The burn was ok but not terrible however the ash kept flaking all over me!!! It was a good cigar. Not great but good. Then I went to a Padilla Obsidian which I have had for a long time. It was too moist I think which is a common problem with this cigar. The draw was freaking hard as hell. I don't know why my cigars are soo moist. My smoking humi is under 70% usually between 66 and 69.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont be smoking tonight..have to run a 10k in the morning..if all goes well I will enjoy 1 or 2 afterwards. Hoping to improve my time from last year by at least 15min.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Mark Twain connecticut - total disappointment. Good draw, good burn, but horrible flavors - nothing but an acrid, chemical taste - thing is way too young to be smoked, which is a shame, because it's got a nice label, and when I wasn't tasting ammonia, there were some nice toasty flavors present
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 green with some decent age. Fantastic flavor more refined than when fresh. Still very full bodied. Cracking wrapper though. I never get that, humis been 65-67 for years.
    Seems lots of people are having similar issues. Could it be the warming temps maybe?
  • Options
    Just had a My Father Le Bijou 1922. Very nice stick
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Smoking a Cohiba Reserva 2002 down to the nub.

• Options
    smoked a Tabak Especial Dulce that I think leonard or Guren gave me at last socal herf. Pretty delicious if not oily.

Now I'm lighting up a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Year and worrying about my humi because it's 80 degrees fahrenheit and I'm not turning down my A/C and spending a fortune just to keep my humi at 70F.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up an AB Tempus...
  • Options
    My frst Ccom Sun Grown earlier and it was great.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Zino Classic. Fantastic, as always.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Almost done with a Gurkha Triple Ligero. This last third is going to put some hair on my chest.