Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Tried a Drew Estate Natural E . . . was curious to try it, and its not really my thing.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccom sungrown again and now a berger & argenti
  • Options
    Tried to have a la Aroma De Cuba ( original blend) and put it down. Tasted like spice and air. Moved on to a Diesel and was fine but not quite right. Pretty sure my palette is to blame. Gotta try the LADC again.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Enjoying a Viaje 50/50 Red Label. Still hard to find, but worth the effort.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    Currently working on a Garcia Family Signature Series (Famous house label). What a pleasant surprise. Grabbed it thinking I was in the mood for something mediocre I didn't have to think about. So far I've been taken aback by it's complexity. Tons of deep leather, coffee, and spice in the first 1/2. A very thick and creamy mouth feel.
    I love that cigar (sorry c.com)! I usually have 2 or 3 in my weekly rotation.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a La Aurora 107 Lancero earlier. I normally am not a fan of lancero's, but this is the best size I have had the 107 in yet. Awesome smoke. I followed that with an El Cobre Churchill, another great smoke.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Had a Man O' War Puro Authentico and a Ave Maria in the Corona size and was impressed. I must try again in the near future.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    dbeckom:
    ndhaon91:
    Currently working on a Garcia Family Signature Series (Famous house label). What a pleasant surprise. Grabbed it thinking I was in the mood for something mediocre I didn't have to think about. So far I've been taken aback by it's complexity. Tons of deep leather, coffee, and spice in the first 1/2. A very thick and creamy mouth feel.

Glad to hear it wasn't just a freak accident or something. I will definitely be on the look out for more of these. It really hit my sweet spot in terms of flavor/strength profile.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Just found out that Iron Man 2 is on Netflix streaming, I wasn't going to smoke tonight, but since a great movie is on my Laptop I will be smoking a Gurkha Legend Churchill from my Very First COTMC that is 3yrs and 1.75 months old....

Mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    Just found out that Iron Man 2 is on Netflix streaming, I wasn't going to smoke tonight, but since a great movie is on my Laptop I will be smoking a Gurkha Legend Churchill from my Very First COTMC that is 3yrs and 1.75 months old....

Mmmmmmmm
    Nice! The legend is awesome
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night was a Man O War corona followed by a J. Fuego Origen. Both really good! Tonight I fired up a Nub Habano after putting the little one to bed. I think this is my favorite of the original Nub line. Nothing amazing, but a solid smoke.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Tonight smoked a PDR Oscuro (Oily stick), and followed with a PDR Seleccion (yum PA Wrapper)
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Earlier I had one of those E.P. Carillos, I enjoyed it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    dbeckom:
    ndhaon91:

Glad to hear it wasn't just a freak accident or something. I will definitely be on the look out for more of these. It really hit my sweet spot in terms of flavor/strength profile.
    I started off with a box and a half thats been resting for 5+ months. I can't stay away from em now...gotta have one every couple days! I'm gonna have to order more soon before I run out (sorry c.com)

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Just lit up a LFD double press. Lots of cocoa right off the bat. Good stuff
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Smoked an HC Xikar. Pretty mellow smoke.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Having an RyJ churchill...one of my favorites, and my last night in the country tradition
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Mephisto:
    Having an RyJ churchill...one of my favorites, and my last night in the country tradition

I need a address Sir, you told me you would.

Had a Avo Domaine, courtesy of Kuzi. This is box worthy to me. I was in the company of Lakota72, Dustoffdan and some of the other guys from my unit. They all knew I love this cigar. Thanks Kuzi, I owe you one for this.....
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    boydmcgowan:
    nickgonzo:
    Haven't herfed in a while, dug into my box of Tobaco Baez tonight =]
    tobacos baez . . . . yum. the original that is, the series h are ok too, but the original are awesome. can't believe they discontinued them.
    Yes the original, I didn't know they were discontinued. Haha, shows how out of touch I am with the industry
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    rocking a Calle Ocho vintage churchill....for $4.50 its not................................bad
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    A Nub Cameroon Torpedo.. This was a lot better than the first one I had of this stick. The age on this made it a lot better. Creamy, woody, nice long finish that I really enjoyed.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Viaje SnB ? With a Anchor Brewing Porter. Doesn't get much better.
  • Options
    CAO Vision Catalyst. I really don't understand all the hooplah over the Vision cigars. This is my 2nd experience with a Vision (first was a Prana), and in my opinion they were both mediocre at best. The wrapper was veiny on both and the burn was horrible.

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Torano Exodus 50 years. Damn these are good.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO Black VR. These are good cigars but I was smoking it while my truck broke down so...it wasn't the greatest experience.
  • Options
    Had a MoW PA on the back porch and watched Dexter on the iPad. WIN
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Cain daytona
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    VPR DT pretty decent smoke had some very aged tobacco notes to me that reminded me of a Camacho PE.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I had a Macanudo Cru Royale. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it was.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Just finished up an Ave Maria corona. Nice little cigar. Glad today is over though... **** day in general.