Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    They're aged at the factory, b, so other than letting it rest a bit, you should be good to go.
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:
    Hemingway Classic. Ya feel me?

VERY NICE!!! I'll probaby be having a Hemingway or a Don Carlos Thursday and I can't wait!! I tried my first Hemingway because of your posts about them and you got me hooked Urb! THANKS A FREAKIN LOT!!! haha
    Heh. Mysteriously, I see no cash for this service to casa Fuente. If the universe were just...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    urbino:
    They're aged at the factory, b, so other than letting it rest a bit, you should be good to go.
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:

VERY NICE!!! I'll probaby be having a Hemingway or a Don Carlos Thursday and I can't wait!! I tried my first Hemingway because of your posts about them and you got me hooked Urb! THANKS A FREAKIN LOT!!! haha
    Heh. Mysteriously, I see no cash for this service to casa Fuente. If the universe were just...
    I would demand some kind of marketing fee for all the work you've put in for them! I know a lot of people on this forum that have tried the Hemingway on your recomendations. I have to say you were spot on! Amazing smoke!
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

urbino:

Love the classic, picked up some short stories the other day. Gonna smoke one tonight.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    right now im smokin a c.com brazilian and later on tonight ill be having a cusano corojo 1997
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Two in one day! SAhWEET
    is that the same as having a three some?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Two in one day! SAhWEET
    is that the same as having a three some?
    Not as much as one might like.
  • Options
    I'm headed out to smoke . . . I dunno what . . . and review an xml schema. How can I not get laid?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm enjoying a RP Vintage 1992 mini belicoso with a glass of my favorite cognac. Each is fantastic on its own, but this pairing isn't so great. The cognac is a little too strong, overpowering the cigar. A glass of ice water to refresh the pallate, and all is well.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    In about 4 hours I'll be off work and should be settling in on the balcony with a glass of Sweet Rodeo Red from a little local winery and either an Onyx Reserve robusto I've had for about 6 months or a Tatuaje Havana VI. It will probably be the Onyx cause they are one of my favorites and I haven't had one in a while. I'm off for the next 3 days and I'm going to the Fuente event thursday so I'm going to be doing some serious smoking!!!
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    I'm enjoying a RP Vintage 1992 mini belicoso with a glass of my favorite cognac. Each is fantastic on its own, but this pairing isn't so great. The cognac is a little too strong, overpowering the cigar. A glass of ice water to refresh the pallate, and all is well.
    Then followed that up with my homemade white chocolate cr
  • Options
    Bulletin to my fellow Cameroon fans: the H. Uppman Vintage Cameroon is very, very good. I just had the toro. A lovely, smooth, medium-bodied smoke with a nice combination of sweetness and spice.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    waaaaaaay late at night i also tacked on a nub habano. it was good but i didnt review it because my palate was a bit burned out at that point.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a Gurkha Marqueza this weekend. Tought cigar. Quite strong. I need another one to really give my opinion but it was pretty brutal!

Yesterday, I had the Perdomo Habana from the cotm shipment. Had a sweetness to it that I enjoyed.

Today I am smoking a Gurkha Grand Envoy. It seems a little light to start but nice flavor. I will continue at lunch and see how it progresses.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Last night was a bowl of Cape Charles, I'm heading over to the B&M for a lunchtime bowl of Captains Delight.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    Bulletin to my fellow Cameroon fans: the H. Uppman Vintage Cameroon is very, very good. I just had the toro. A lovely, smooth, medium-bodied smoke with a nice combination of sweetness and spice.
    I liked that one as well, Urby.

Last night I smoked the last of the house blends from the local shop. This was their Criollo-wrapped blend in a toro-ish size. Wow... the flavor of this cigar was incredible. It reminded me a lot of the Camacho 1962, but even more rich, and a slight hint of spice. I think I may have even liked this better than their Ecuadorian Sumatra-wrapped blend. All three of their blends (the other is a Connecticut-wrapped) have had exceptional flavor. These blends are among the best cigars I've ever had.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    OK. I like the taste of the Grand Envoy however it is a little work to get a decent amount of smoke and flavor. I'm not sure it is too tightly rolled. Haven't figured it out yet. Maybe there is a little leak somewhere.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    I guess I missed your review of it. I'll have to go look that up.
  • Options
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Hmmm... my memory was kinder to it than my actual review:

"I found myself bored with the flavor by the end."

I definitely preferred the CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon. My bad.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Finished up a little bit ago with a Cusano C10 robusto. I really liked this one, as evidenced by the second degree burns on my fingers. I'm getting over a minor cold, so my taster is still a bit off, but I like the moderate spice and woodiness I found in this cigar. So far, I think I've liked everything Cusano that I've had...well, no, I didn't much care for the Corojo '97, but that's the only one.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Tonight was a Nub Cameroon. I probably should have had more dinner... left me a bit light headed for a while.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Hmmm... my memory was kinder to it than my actual review:

"I found myself bored with the flavor by the end."
    Well, that's probably fair. It's not an exciting cigar, but I thought it was consistently very good.
  • Options
    Well, I capped my night off with an Ashton VSG lonsdale, a special version that had a chisel shaped foot. Before you go looking for a VSG chisel, just know that I am the only person on the planet who had one...reason: I'm the only person on the planet dumb enough to smash the foot of a beautiful VSG in the lid of my cooler. Not one to be dissuaded by a flattened foot, I said " come on little Ashton, let's get together. Sure you're kinda goofy looking, but you've got your own charm and I want you.", which, oddly enough, those same words were once said by Demi Moore, but that's not the point. All in all, the smashing didn't ruin the cigar, just made the light slightly awkward.

Now, with that said, let me offer up a word of warning, just because I like you guys. Treat your cigars well, don't go mashing them like I do, because they'll get you back. I had smoked through the mashed part and when I tapped the ash it wouldn't fall, so I assumed the normal position, elbow rested, arm crooked at ninety degrees with cigar in hand, it was then that the ash fell....right into the crook of my arm burning the hell out of that oh-so sensitive arm-crook skin. Hell hath no fury like a cigar mooshed.
  • Options
    Gives new meaning to the term "box-pressed"
  • Options
    Oh, the humanity! (Tell me more about the Demi Moore part, por favor. Even if it's not true.)

Just for the record, I've done the same thing. True, I wasn't fool enough to do it to an Ashton VSG, but still.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Gives new meaning to the term "box-pressed"
    I prefer cooler-pressed...and yes, the term is patented. :)
  • Options
    I just finished a Hemingway Signature, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a very relaxing smoke that hit that happy medium almost perfectly. I'll definitely be adding this to my shopping list as a go-to cigar.
  • Options
    I just spent 2 1/2 hours with a massive Montecristo Media Noche churchill. Excellent construction, good flavor and aroma, but this cigar got boring after the first hour and a half or so. I look forward to smoking the torpedos I have in my humidor, but won't go out of my way to get another one in this size.
  • Options
    I just polished off a Gurkha Royal Brigade that confirmed my opinion that this is a fine cigar, especially if you can get them at a good price.

Followed that up with a Camacho '62 perfecto that confirmed my opinion that I just love this cigar. I didn't like as much the one churchill I've smoked, but these perfectos are just delicious.

I'm pulling an all-nighter, so I'm sure I'll have something else (or two) before the night is through.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Finally back from up north (and a few hectic work days playing damage control) So I'll recap the 'gars!

Friday night was a Sancho Panza Double Maduro... Great flavor and almost too much smoke, but halfway through I hit some "Ammonia" flavors making me toss this guy in the bonfire.

Saturday was an Hemmingway on the dock while fishing... This couldn't have gotten any better... Smoking a poet, watching fall colors in the forest, and fishing for my dinner... the cigar was good, and the frozen pizza was just okay...

Sunday was a book by the lake and a Rocky Patel Summer collection 2008... This little powerhouse socked me in the face with spice and power, but it was damn sure tasty!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and last night was a Hoya de Monterrey Excalibur...

Very light smoke... VERY! First inch was just awful for some reason, but then the mildness and smoothness, although unexpected... was REALLY enjoyable and super relaxing at the bar!