• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Lasabar:
    Smoking a poet
    Ahem.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    I just spent 2 1/2 hours with a massive Montecristo Media Noche churchill. Excellent construction, good flavor and aroma, but this cigar got boring after the first hour and a half or so. I look forward to smoking the torpedos I have in my humidor, but won't go out of my way to get another one in this size.
    Scrambler... I love to smoke cigars, but after an hour and a half what do you expect.. I'd get bored if Urbi's girlfriend Do- Me- More was there that long, smoking with me..All thing in moderation. 2 1/2 hours is too long.
  • Options
    I dunno, though. I mean, that Media Noche churchill is truly gargantuan, but I managed to amuse myself for the duration. Of course, I'm easily amused.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Working on a Nub Cameroon that Maddy sent me from his 2000 posts contest... MUCH better experience than the last one I had which literally exploded and had the wrapper fall off...
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    but I managed to amuse myself for the duration.
    The other night Water Pillows had one of those "headaches" and I had to do the same thing.
  • Options
    This Nub is freaking great.. I'm literally burning the *** out of my fingers and it STILL hasn't got bitter... There's less than an inch left and STILL going!!!
  • Options
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    but I managed to amuse myself for the duration.
    The other night Water Pillows had one of those "headaches" and I had to do the same thing.
    The difference being that I have only the vaguest recollection of water pillows.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I just finished up with my very first, and certainly not last, Gurkha Regent, in the torpedo vitola. And wow, what a cigar...probably the best Gurkha I've had so far. Everything you guys have said about this cigar gave me some pretty high hopes and expectations, and I can say they were easily met and exceeded. Really a stellar stogy.

Earlier I also had a Gran Habano #3 habano, gran robusto. I thought this was a good cigar. Not a whole lot going on as far as development or complexity, but it had a consistently good flavor throughout. I especially liked the kinda sweet, kinda spicy woody character I picked up from this one.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I just lit up a Mi Dominicana robusto. It's the new Dominican puro by Jose Seijas / Altadis. I've found very little info online, other than the basics, but what I have read has been very favorable, saying its comparable to the OpusX. In a few days I'll be able to make my own call on that, once I've smoked the **** from Urbi.

I'm just getting started, but it's very flavorful, and I can already tell it's gonna be pretty strong.
  • Options
    Alright, Joz, you talked me into it. I'm out for a Regent until further notice.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    I just lit up a Mi Dominicana robusto. ... I can already tell it's gonna be pretty strong.
    I had to put it down with more than 1/3 of it left, that thing set me buzzing pretty good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve yesterday. My last night. It was a little mushy but it tasted fine.

I'm smoking a La Aurora 1495 1994 today. I like it better than the first one. I may have to get another box. Tonight, I want to smoke one of the Gurkha Beautys I bought. We'll see if I get than chance.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this wasnt last night, rather the other night:
    nub habano
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Gotta love a good nUBstand.
  • Options
    That's what she said.
  • Options
    Just finished up with a La Aurora Barrel Aged robusto. This is a pretty good cigar, though it definitely needs some time on it to smooth out some of the harsh and bitter notes I noticed. I'm looking forward to this with some time on it, see what a few months does for it.
  • Options
    After all the recent talk of the Java's I decided to break one out this evening.... Toro size... Once again just a great smoke... Great sweetness from the Maduro wrapper and infusion of coffee, but as I've stated time and time again, the flavors just blend so well together the compliment rather than detract... One of the few flavoreds I'll actually smoke!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Just finished up smoking a 5 Vegas in 5.5" 50 ring size that has been chilling in the humi for about 2 months. Was great as usual, but I did get a new flavor about an inch into the cigar. I could swear it tasted like buttered toast along with some nice leather notes. I have 2 left from the 5 pack I bought and I think I'm going to let them sit for another few months before I smoke em again to see what other flavors develop.
  • Options
    Today was a CAO CX2 with about six months on it.. This was great.. Anyone who has had one will agree.. Those who have not, will concur once they have smoked this beauty. A bit of advice, buy them two at a time..you will want to keep these on hand.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Padilla Achilles Salomon. It was a rough week, and I wanted something special to unwind with. Plus, who knows how many more nice evenings we're going to have with weather good enough to sit outside for the time it takes to smoke one of these monsters.

This was a very pleasurable stick, lit easily and burned perfectly the whole trip. I was afraid I might have trouble keeping such a large cigar burning, but no worries. It didn't drop first ash for an hour and ten minutes, and kept me going for an hour and a half. Probably could have gotten another ten or fifteen minutes out of it if I really tried.

Even better was the price... I lucked into a deal, two five packs for 29 bucks... list is 80 for a fiver. Three bucks each for one of these brutes was a no brainer.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Help me decide what I'm smoking. I went to a B&M near my house I hadn't previously known of. Got some Hemingways that I'm quite excited about. Also some Aston VSGs, which I've never had. Also got RP vintage 1992 and decade, oliva g, v, nub 464 cameroon and habano, and so on and so forth.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Help me decide what I'm smoking. I went to a B&M near my house I hadn't previously known of. Got some Hemingways that I'm quite excited about. Also some Aston VSGs, which I've never had. Also got RP vintage 1992 and decade, oliva g, v, nub 464 cameroon and habano, and so on and so forth.
    It sounds like you will soon be smoking some fine cigars. I have tried them all and everyone is a winner !
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Just finished up with a La Aurora Barrel Aged robusto. This is a pretty good cigar, though it definitely needs some time on it to smooth out some of the harsh and bitter notes I noticed. I'm looking forward to this with some time on it, see what a few months does for it.
    Good to know, I'm going to order some of these in the near future.. I've been eying them for a while..
  • Options
    Luko:
    Wow, Luko... that is an amazing purchase! I love the RP '92, and the Nub Cameroon.... I am dying to try the VSG, because with the EcSu wrapper, I think I'll love it. My recommendation is he RP '92. That's a special stick, and it's a Friday night. The Hemingway is something you want to sit on and wait for the perfect night/conditions. It requires a lot of attention from a flavor/taste standpoint. The Nubs are also complex, but at that price point, they're a glorious smoke anytime. I've never had an Oliva G, but I've got one resting at the moment. I understand that the V is very strong. I almost picked up a Lancero today at the B&M, but I got sidetracked into some interesting new sticks (Casa Magna, anyone?).
  • Options
    Damn, Luko. Close your eyes and flip a coin. You can't go wrong.

Never heard of the Casa Magna, doody. Are they rolled by prisoners?
  • Options
    urbino:

Funny urbi .. I was thing the very same thing.. Never heard of them either and I have had some troubling Google searches lately so I hesitate to investigate.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Padilla Achilles Salomon. It was a rough week, and I wanted something special to unwind with. Plus, who knows how many more nice evenings we're going to have with weather good enough to sit outside for the time it takes to smoke one of these monsters.

This was a very pleasurable stick, lit easily and burned perfectly the whole trip. I was afraid I might have trouble keeping such a large cigar burning, but no worries. It didn't drop first ash for an hour and ten minutes, and kept me going for an hour and a half. Probably could have gotten another ten or fifteen minutes out of it if I really tried.

Even better was the price... I lucked into a deal, two five packs for 29 bucks... list is 80 for a fiver. Three bucks each for one of these brutes was a no brainer.
    That's a good one Zoom, had one myself a little while back and it was very nice. A bit boring I though for about the first inch or so, but after that it was very good.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Funny urbi .. I was thing the very same thing.
    Great minds. Hang in there, kid; you'll get the hang of the googles someday.
  • Options
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Funny urbi .. I was thing the very same thing.
    Great minds. Hang in there, kid; you'll get the hang of the googles someday.
    Here's all I could find on the intarweb:

Jack Schwartz (who?)

Some mention here

Cigar AficionoSnobbo Article here

Apparently these got some kinda <insert your freakish high rating here> from <insert name of snobby cigar rag here>... Fullish body... blah blah blah... Smelled good, cheap (under $5?) so I bought a couple.
  • Options
    Well if that's a tag team between Nestor Plasencia and Manolo, it can't be bad.