Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    alias222:
    Just fired up an Oliva Master blends III robusto with some Sierra Nevada TUMBLER Autumn brown ale.
    Tumbler is pretty good. Ive been digging a lot of the Fall beers this year.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    My smoke line up for the day:
    started the day with a LFD factory press II
    Vegas Robaina on the to the Caliherf (only smoked half before it died on me toooo many times)
    Zino embassy from Rick?
    LFD chiselito after meeting fianc
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Vegas Robaina on the to the Caliherf (only smoked half before it died on me toooo many times)
    Zino embassy from Rick?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    lcpleel:
    Zino embassy from Rick?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron 64 Diplomaticos Maduro
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    just finished a Cain Daytona
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I enjoyed a punch pita on the balcony tonight. Not the fanciest of cigars but hey its all i have ( im new btw). Just what i needed after work
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    got a bit of catching up to do around here... since my lap top stopped working (under warranty though so all will end well) i have not been on as much.

over the last few days i have had: Coronado by La Flor, Vegas Fina, Kristoff Maduro, LFD air Bender chisel, JDN Celebracion, CAO black, and Camacho San Luis y Martinez
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    got a bit of catching up to do around here... since my lap top stopped working (under warranty though so all will end well) i have not been on as much.

over the last few days i have had: Coronado by La Flor, Vegas Fina, Kristoff Maduro, LFD air Bender chisel, JDN Celebracion, CAO black, and Camacho San Luis y Martinez
    That camacho is great. Can't find it anywhere now. Jr is out of them =.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alias222:
    Just fired up an Oliva Master blends III robusto with some Sierra Nevada TUMBLER Autumn brown ale.
    Matt, love that SN Tumbler, so glad the fall/Okterfest beers are out.......
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lit up a SCdH Oficios box coded EMA JUN 07 and pairing with with some Kilo Kai rum and 7up (tastes like cream soda).
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Lit up a SCdH Oficios box coded EMA JUN 07 and pairing with with some Kilo Kai rum and 7up (tastes like cream soda).
    Never tried the combo of rum and 7up. Might need to. Love cream soda.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    kuzi16:

ive got one left. im trying to age that thing. i have a feeling it will age nicely.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked an ION Cafe Cubano Corona yesterday while cutting the lawn. The prelight smell was really nice but once I lit I was not impressed. I can't put my finger on it but there was this faint taste that was almost offensive. Burn and draw were good. I have one more. I think this one needs some rest because it was a little too moist. We'll see if that makes it better.

Next up after dinner I had a Forum Blend Sumatra. What can I say? The burn was almost perfect except one spot. Only ahd to relight once, and that was my fault. I used a V cut and the draw was a little firm but so was the cigar. I nubbed it. Following that I had a Forum Blend Maduro. This one had a perfect burn and draw. I punchd this one but made the punch bigger. I didn't get to nub this since I got home before I was done and it was late and the g/f wanted to go to bed but I got most of it smoked. This was much stronger than the Sumatra. I go back and forth between the two liking one better than the other and then it changes. I haven't smoked one of these in almost a year. I believe I got them in 6/09 so they have 28 months on them.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful southern California weather drive to the beach for some crab and a Camacho Triple Maduro. What a great way to spend a Sunday.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    having a Ruination corona with a pint of Higlands Oatmeal Porter. Nice. This Sunday is finally shaping up.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firing up a ab maxx brazil
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    ohh those are good!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    JSaint:
    kuzi16:

ive got one left. im trying to age that thing. i have a feeling it will age nicely.
    Yea I really enjoyed the one I had. May have had some age on it I dont know. Got it from a BOTL that I havent talked to in years.
  • Options
    RP Rennaisance
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    ohh those are good!!!
    yes they are, i ran across a five pack about a year ago and jumped on it and havent seen a deal since unless you get it in a sampler, anyone knows where to pick up a 5 pack please pm me, ive only got 1-2 left
  • Options
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    ohh those are good!!!
    yes they are, i ran across a five pack about a year ago and jumped on it and havent seen a deal since unless you get it in a sampler, anyone knows where to pick up a 5 pack please pm me, ive only got 1-2 left
    Hadnt seen the 5 pack only a single in the samper you mentioned,,Better still PM The Kid I dont have any ;o(
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    PDR Obsidian. First smoke I've been able to enjoy in a while, and first one I've been able to report on in an even longer time. And my first ever Obsidian - very nice! It's starting out with a nice, prominent spice with a sweet cocoa finish - kinda reminds me of a maduro version of a 5Vegas Miami.

Edit: I mistakenly called this the Padilla Obsidian - it's the newer PDR Obsidian with the black 'band' that covers most of the stick. Glad I picked up a 10-pack of these on the spritsale site. Me likey
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    On to a La Reloba Toro
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    ohh those are good!!!
    Hadnt seen the 5 pack only a single in the samper you mentioned,,Better still PM The Kid I dont have any ;o(
    I'm pretty sure I saw a couple boxes at the B&M last week. Next time I'm in there I'll check it out and let you fellers know!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a Diamond Crown Maduro figurado. Damn what a fine smoke. Medium bodied, full flavor maduro. Right in my wheel-house.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    After last nights BBQ with some good friends, we sat around the fire pit and lit up a 5 Vegas Miami, whoa..good but I think Ill revisit this one in a year or so. Good stick but damn! LOL
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fired up a Berger & Argenti Mooch Maduro in the Windbag vitola (Churchill)

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    ohh those are good!!!
    I'm pretty sure I saw a couple boxes at the B&M last week. Next time I'm in there I'll check it out and let you fellers know!
    sending PM Smoking a Benchmade,, meh
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Fausto FT140