Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Marker:
    My first SL Habano. Excellent cigar. I may have to find more.
    PM to ya, brother.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    BigT06:
    Marker:
    My first SL Habano. Excellent cigar. I may have to find more.
    PM to ya, brother.
    Got it and replied with a question.
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    howtobass:
    romeo y julieta romeo No.1 that i picked up on sunday.
    Wow! Amazing is the only word I have for it. (I guess wow too). I'm pretty sure I can offically say that I am a fan of cigars now, and it's about time, cause i've been trying! This smoke was very nice. I finally have pin-pointed the "toasty" flavor i've seen people talk about. It was like a "ah-hah!" moment. It burned a little hotter than other smokes, but it is also the smallest guage i've smoked. It was nothing unpleasant, but does this happen with smaller guaged cigars? None the less, I loved it and I finally feel like a BOTL!!!!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    howtobass:
    romeo y julieta romeo No.1 that i picked up on sunday.
    Wow! Amazing is the only word I have for it. (I guess wow too). I'm pretty sure I can offically say that I am a fan of cigars now, and it's about time, cause i've been trying! This smoke was very nice. I finally have pin-pointed the "toasty" flavor i've seen people talk about. It was like a "ah-hah!" moment. It burned a little hotter than other smokes, but it is also the smallest guage i've smoked. It was nothing unpleasant, but does this happen with smaller guaged cigars? None the less, I loved it and I finally feel like a BOTL!!!!
    Congrats man and glad you finally had your "ah-ha" moment :) Enjoy it and now you've been bitten... good luck getting it out of your system.... ever. I've had "hot" sticks in any and all vitolas so I can't say personally but I'm sure some of the more seasoned BORKs can pinpoint this better than I. -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Just finished a Gurkha Crest...It was more work than going to my job! that will be my first, and last time smiking one of those...AAHH CRAP, I HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN THE HUMI.....:(
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    Just finished a Gurkha Crest...It was more work than going to my job! that will be my first, and last time smiking one of those...AAHH CRAP, I HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN THE HUMI.....:(
    I'll take it! lol
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Davidoff short perfecto
  • Options
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    I'll take it! lol
    JSAINT, perfect opportunity for my first trade???
  • Options
    ThinBluLine06:
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    I'll take it! lol
    JSAINT, perfect opportunity for my first trade???
    Aw man I was hoping I would get it for free =p lol. Ya sounds good PM me with what you are looking for.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last night started with an AJ Fernadez signature that BoydMCGown gave me back in Feb. it was really good, then I followed up with a Particulares from November of last year it has aged nicely.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berger & Argenti Mooch Connecticut

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Smokin a G2 turbo right now. Very enjoyable. Has a few years of age on it.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail....then off to work....
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    My first FF Opus X RdC to celebrate 1year until I get married...my -1year anniversary!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ShotgunJohn:
    Last night started with an AJ Fernadez signature that BoydMCGown gave me back in Feb. it was really good, then I followed up with a Particulares from November of last year it has aged nicely.
    Awesome John, glad you enjoyed it brother.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    figgin to put the fire upon a liga privida #9 belicoso
  • Options
    michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    not sure yet still trying to pick something out
  • Options
    Had a Tat Miami earlier today and now trying the Sencillo
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    La Perla Habana Black Pearl. This is my second smoke this week. My $hit was so crazy the past couple of months, I took me 5-6 weeks to find time for two smokes. I'm back baby!! ;-)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a PSD4 this afternoon, nubbed it. Now smoking an Opus X that Isaac gave me on Saturday, no idea what the vitola is, I'm enjoying it quite a bit...of the half dozen or so Opus that I've smoked this one is right up there.

Edit: the Opus appears to be the petit lancero, the tapered head threw me.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having my first 5 Vegas Miami..pretty good smoke.
  • Options
    enjoyed a padilla 1932 this evening great smoke
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    bigmatt72:
    enjoyed a padilla 1932 this evening great smoke
    Where in WY Matt?
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Had an A. Fuente with two years on it at the beer market and now I'm following it up with a Diesel UC corona
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had a PSD4 this afternoon, nubbed it. Now smoking an Opus X that Isaac gave me on Saturday, no idea what the vitola is, I'm enjoying it quite a bit...of the half dozen or so Opus that I've smoked this one is right up there.

Hey Joe, Reaching for the top shelf, PSD4 mmmmmm. I get a chill just seeing that name. 5 Vegas AAA. today. It just happened to be a blind draw on the top of the humidor I opened this morning.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:

Hey Joe, Reaching for the top shelf, PSD4 mmmmmm. I get a chill just seeing that name. 5 Vegas AAA. today. It just happened to be a blind draw on the top of the humidor I opened this morning.
    It's definitely a good cigar Kas, but if going to be perfectly honest, it has fallen way out of my top as I explore Partagas more, and of the robustos I can tell you I prefer the Ramon Allones SS.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    E.P Carrillo club now onto a Ruination
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:

It's definitely a good cigar Kas, but if going to be perfectly honest, it has fallen way out of my top as I explore Partagas more, and of the robustos I can tell you I prefer the Ramon Allones SS.
    As you know I have some resting now, (Ramon Allones) How are they aging on your end ?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:

As you know I have some resting now, (Ramon Allones) How are they aging on your end ?
    They're coming along nicely. They were bumpy for the first month or so, but as they've acclimated so too have they smoothed out.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    about to light up a gurkha crest