Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    90+ Irishman:
    Had my first Cuban courtesy of Wes. Partagas Cuban with a glass of wine while the Mrs. and I spent some time in the hot tub. Great night and amazing stick for sure. Gonna have to try more sometime :)
    Sounds like a good evening, just did the old drain, clean and refill on my hot tub last weekend to get it ready for winter use. Hopefully I use it more than the 3 times I used it last year, lol.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    dbeckom:
    Just fired up a My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    So what'd you think ? Haven't smoked one yet but I've got a few resting.
    That's the one I got from you back when you sent me the Grimalkins! Thanks again!

It was not at all what I expected it to be. Being from the JDN factory, and having read the Drew Estates spec sheet on the blend, I had it in my mind that it'd be a more full bodied with strong, in your face flavors. It was a more medium body, with a smooth flavor profile. After I past the midway point I read several reviews from the pre-release and most were in agreement about the more mellow experience, but several had negative comments about the flavor profile. I do think it has benifitted greatly from the 2-3 months rest since release, and will continue to improve.

Here's a link to Drew Estate's Spec Sheet for the MUWAT

MUWAT Spec Sheet

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    1 year old Diesel UC courtesy of RampMonkey - tasty! - (thanks Aaron!)
    Two mid-week smokes??...oh my...........
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    Had my first Cuban courtesy of Wes. Partagas Cuban with a glass of wine while the Mrs. and I spent some time in the hot tub. Great night and amazing stick for sure. Gonna have to try more sometime :)
    Sounds like a good evening, just did the old drain, clean and refill on my hot tub last weekend to get it ready for winter use. Hopefully I use it more than the 3 times I used it last year, lol.
    Yep, every fall Id do mine too and then once again in the spring.. I used the hottub mainly in the winter,, Loved sitting in that thing looking at the snow in the trees and the crystal clear nights with the brilliant stars,, that along with a few vodkas and a great stick!!!Ohh man just loved it!!!!!!I'd spend hours in that thing kept right around 103 would wear a baseball cap to try and keep the head warm. usualy below freezing evry night lett it fn snow!!!!!!
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    amz1301:
    dbeckom:
    Just fired up a My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    So what'd you think ? Haven't smoked one yet but I've got a few resting.
    That's the one I got from you back when you sent me the Grimalkins! Thanks again!

It was not at all what I expected it to be. Being from the JDN factory, and having read the Drew Estates spec sheet on the blend, I had it in my mind that it'd be a more full bodied with strong, in your face flavors. It was a more medium body, with a smooth flavor profile. After I past the midway point I read several reviews from the pre-release and most were in agreement about the more mellow experience, but several had negative comments about the flavor profile. I do think it has benifitted greatly from the 2-3 months rest since release, and will continue to improve.

Here's a link to Drew Estate's Spec Sheet for the MUWAT

MUWAT Spec Sheet

You're welcome, forgot I sent you one back then. Thanks for the info, probably let these get a little more time under their belt before I light one up.
  • Options
    The cigar has a large brown colorado, and feels well made uniformly. It has a pigtail cap cool little triple. The label is one of the coolest I've seen. This is a variant of the standard label Cohiba with some holograms on the tape. ____________________ Cuban Cigar
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I started out with a La Perla Habana Classic Maduro, but only got through 3/4 of an inch and had to stop it was beyond plugged. The cold draw was firm, then as it heated up literally no smoke came out but the cherry was blazing. I tried to skewer it but it did not work; it broke my heart to put it down.
    I then smoked a Bahia Maduro and ended with a LHCOF.
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Picked up an El Baton Robusto... I tried an El Baton Double Toro about a week ago so I'm curious what differences I will be able to pinpoint.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    Yep, every fall Id do mine too and then once again in the spring.. I used the hottub mainly in the winter,, Loved sitting in that thing looking at the snow in the trees and the crystal clear nights with the brilliant stars,, that along with a few vodkas and a great stick!!!Ohh man just loved it!!!!!!I'd spend hours in that thing kept right around 103 would wear a baseball cap to try and keep the head warm. usualy below freezing evry night lett it fn snow!!!!!!
    Yeah it was a heck of a time for sure, and really a great night :) My favorite time to be in the tub is when it's snowing at night with a stick in one hand and my wife sitting next to me.... if it gets any better than that, KEEP YOUR D@MN MOUTH SHUT I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    No smokey for me since Wednesday. I have Bronchitis. I did smoke on Weds and it hurt me bad. Hoping to smoke soon though.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just had an Avo Domaine with a bit over a year on it. i want to let the final 5 that i have from the same box i got last year get a few more years on them. i have high hopes for this with serious age on them. i hope they continue to smooth out as they have over the last year.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    JdN Antano Dark Corojo, Azarosa.
  • Options
    CAO La Traviata Maduro

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Indian Tabac Cameroon
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    One of my favs
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    smoking a diesel shorty, havent had one of these in a while
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixin to fire up a obsidian belicoso
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    dbeckom:
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    One of my favs
    .. I too agree. That's one nice smoke.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    amz1301:
    dbeckom:
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    One of my favs
    .. I too agree. That's one nice smoke.
    I agree...the Maduro is great but I like the Natural wrapper even better!

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Let us know what you think of it (or have you had the Obsidian in this vitola before?). I was discussing this stick with y2pascoe - he had a bad experience with the belicoso. I on the other hand had an absolutely great experience with the mini-corona. Just curious about how this stick varies from vitola to vitola (the marketing blurb says each vitola has a different flavor profile, so I was just curious).
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man O War corona for me (from the AJ corona sampler, not the standard MOW corona), thanks to BigT06's suggestion.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    jj20030:
    Let us know what you think of it (or have you had the Obsidian in this vitola before?). I was discussing this stick with y2pascoe - he had a bad experience with the belicoso. I on the other hand had an absolutely great experience with the mini-corona. Just curious about how this stick varies from vitola to vitola (the marketing blurb says each vitola has a different flavor profile, so I was just curious).
    well, i have had a few great ones so just figures outta a box purchase this one was plugged tight right off the bat for about 2 inches was hard, didnt feel like cutting it to continue so i chunked it and fired up a ave maria beli. gifted me by adros from a contest and its great so far
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started Off tonight with a Liga Privada #9 that the Mrs. surprised me with and was blown away. If that was the only cigar I could ever have again I'd be perfectly content :) now finishing up the Gurkha Triple Ligero I got from Wayne (thanks Wayne!!) and it is brilliant as well. Very sweet lots of cocoa some pepper but not in a bad way and getting spicier towards the end. Got some smoky wood (maybe oak??) in the middle of it, and now getting some leather and some chewy notes. Very very good to say the least! Heading in now for the dinner that the awesome wife is putting together for me, d@mn lucky to have her in my life :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    let me say though ive had maybe 10 of the belis. of those and this was the 1st with a problem so i wont say anything bad about them yet,lol , i had a bad feeling when i looked at the foot and could see someone screwd up rolling that one, inspector should caught it for sure!
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Finally having a Fausto, in Nashville of all places. Nice vibe here. Good gar.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    How was it?
  • Options
    Having a Perdomo Champagne Noir.. Seems great so far.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Having a Perdomo Champagne Noir.. Seems great so far.
    Any bourbon flavor in there? AB Tempus for me, RYJ 1875 for my Father in law.
  • Options
    Having a la perla habana, my 2nd out of this box I just got
  • Options
    Nica Libre Potencia, First retro made my eyes water,,wow pepper, its mellowin out. side note,, nicely constructed cigar!!