Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    let me say though ive had maybe 10 of the belis. of those and this was the 1st with a problem so i wont say anything bad about them yet,lol , i had a bad feeling when i looked at the foot and could see someone screwd up rolling that one, inspector should caught it for sure!
    Cool - thanks for the info. y2 and i think someone else said their belicosos had a metallic taste, but no construction issues. Based on your experience I'd guess maybe they had a bum batch (?) I really enjoyed the one i had and want to try some of the other vitolas -- I think I'll keep the belicoso on the list to try then.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just fired up a Dirty Rat
  • Options
    gaberox:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Having a Perdomo Champagne Noir.. Seems great so far.
    Any bourbon flavor in there? AB Tempus for me, RYJ 1875 for my Father in law.
    Didn't seem to but I'm horrible with dissecting flavors. If its in there, it's subtle.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Sweet! Been trying to find one at any of the b&m's around here but not ONE has any. Had my first Liga #9 and was just floored with how amazing that stick was, just got me even more amped up about the Rat. Any idea of Ccom does??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    dbeckom:
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    How was it?
    Delicious! I still prefer the Natural, but the Maduro is a great smoke too!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    xIcedGuardianx:
    gaberox:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Having a Perdomo Champagne Noir.. Seems great so far.
    Any bourbon flavor in there? AB Tempus for me, RYJ 1875 for my Father in law.
    Didn't seem to but I'm horrible with dissecting flavors. If its in there, it's subtle.
    Thanks for the update. Ive been wondering about those since the wrapper is aged in bourbon barrels. I love bourbon barrel aged beer so the Noir sounds awesome to me.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    amz1301:
    Sweet! Been trying to find one at any of the b&m's around here but not ONE has any. Had my first Liga #9 and was just floored with how amazing that stick was, just got me even more amped up about the Rat. Any idea of Ccom does??
    If I would have known that earlier I would've picked you up some. Place I went to today had one full box. I picked up one and a couple #9's. If I get back up there anytime soon I'll keep you in mind.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    amz1301:
    If I would have known that earlier I would've picked you up some. Place I went to today had one full box. I picked up one and a couple #9's. If I get back up there anytime soon I'll keep you in mind.
    Thanks man, I'm no mooch (except for the mooch game lol) so I would pay you for them, but thanks a bunch man! Any idea if these babies would benefit from a year or two of age? IF so I'd pick up a three pack so I could enjoy one ROTT and then age a few, but if not I wouldn't want to waste the time, ya know?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ave Maria Lionheart round - never fails to please
  • Options
    Great choice Matt, that's a tasty stick for sure ;) Hope to see you at the Graycliff event man...
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    amz1301:
    Thanks man, I'm no mooch (except for the mooch game lol) so I would pay you for them, but thanks a bunch man! Any idea if these babies would benefit from a year or two of age? IF so I'd pick up a three pack so I could enjoy one ROTT and then age a few, but if not I wouldn't want to waste the time, ya know?
    No worries. First one I've had. Not sure how old it is but it's damn good. Should've bought more. Problem is the place is like an hour from me.
  • Options
    Dont go out of your way, please! If they have them next time you are in and they are reasonable pick me up some... anyone I have worked with knows I'm good for it, hopefully I can make it worth your while my friend :)
  • Options
    DelanDelan Posts: 4
    Tonight I smoked a La flordita, it was probably the best smoke i've had so far.
  • Options
    Might as well make it a 2 stick night. Next up LFD Colorado Oscuro #2
  • Options
    Had that exact stick Monday... really really well done and a great profile!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Had an H Upmann Sungrown night before last thanks to RCY:

Had a lil visitor:

My drink of choice:
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow how was the smoke?

• Options
    Sitting with the wife at the b&m having an Esteban 211 Toro... Very mild and very good. Notes of hay, vanilla, some cedar and oak and a little leather. Waiting for FTG to show up and do a day of herfing :)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    Wow how was the smoke?

It was amazing! Maintains the same profile throughout which honestly is a good thing with this cigar. Sooo good!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Oliveros LTD, these improve quite a bit with some age IMO
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Last night was a Partagas Cifuentes, it was very good! Undecided about tonight... We will see.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Ramon Allones Specially Selected.. This was great. I only had it a couple months, but couldn't hold off any longer. With a flavor profile of Leather, Nut, Honey, and wood this cigar delivered. The burn was a little off at the start but straighted itself out and needed no additional attention.

The honey taste was what really made this stick special. As soon as I finished it, I wanted another. They are so good now, I can't imagine what some rest will do to them. This could be a problem..

Thanks to jOz3r who got this one into my hand.. Your the best.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cold brews and fired up a rp edge maduro toro and watching the texas/detroit game , supper will be ramen soup and fresh broccoli , get ready kid, lmao
  • Options
    jj20030:
    cold brews and fired up a rp edge maduro toro and watching the texas/detroit game , supper will be ramen soup and fresh broccoli , get ready kid, lmao
    OH NO...What have you done.....LMAO
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    OH NO...What have you done.....LMAO
    TRICK OR TREAT ?? LMAO
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Cask Strength with about 6 months on it...very good, solid smoke-perfect burn and draw. Nice hints of chocolate-smooth.
  • Options
    Enjoying a San Lotano Maduro watchin BBQ Pitmasters...I'm hungry
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Ramon Allones Specially Selected.. This was great. I only had it a couple months, but couldn't hold off any longer. With a flavor profile of Leather, Nut, Honey, and wood this cigar delivered. The burn was a little off at the start but straighted itself out and needed no additional attention.

The honey taste was what really made this stick special. As soon as I finished it, I wanted another. They are so good now, I can't imagine what some rest will do to them. This could be a problem..

Thanks to jOz3r would got this one into my hand.. Your the best.
    Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed it. I've been amazed at the quick transition these made from being just harsh and flavorless (first couple weeks) to really rounding out and becoming quite nice around the one month mark, I attribute that to the trip overseas and the cigars needing to return to baseline.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a 5Vega A. This is my first time trying one. It's a petite robusto size got a bit of a tight draw but an ok stick so far.
  • Options
    RP15A