MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    an ave maria corona
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just finished up an undercrown.
    Thats a dang good cigar.

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the talk about the aj fresh rolled and before i order more fixing to fire up a aj fresh rolled torp. but i have had no problems with any yet " knock on wood " lol
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

just ordered a 5 pack of the gran toros's but will let them sit 6 months
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

The brand undercrown? or the Drew Estate? I wish I could find some of the subcultures around here.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

The brand undercrown? or the Drew Estate? I wish I could find some of the subcultures around here.
    The Liga Privada Undercrown from Drew Estate. Yesterday was the first time they were released at my local b&m's here in Colorado. Little bit pricey at mine, but at least they have them!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

Don't know anything about a brand being called undercrown. I'm talking about the Drew Estates Liga offshoot.

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ya me neither on the brand, haha just wanted to make sure that is what you were talking about. I love drew estate, except the nasty..as it is what it says it is.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Inch and a half or so into the Wolf, and I have to say, so far it is better fresh than the other Monsters have been (didn't have a Frank fresh, but I do hear they were fantastic fresh...). The Face is smoking amazingly well right now, but needed time. This Wolfman is killin' in right out of the gate.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    deejmemixx:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

Don't know anything about a brand being called undercrown. I'm talking about the Drew Estates Liga offshoot.

Which vitola Stephen, my B&M has the robusto and beli currently
  • Options
    no problems with my fresh rolled so far, yummy, image
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas A . This was my first cigar in the 5 Vegas line that completely surprised me. This one is definitely box worthy.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    anejo 48....... i must say i do prefer the 55. or the 77 but the burn is perfect and the weather is nice.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    stephen_hannibal:
    deejmemixx:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thats a dang good cigar.

Which vitola Stephen, my B&M has the robusto and beli currently
    robusto.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    415:
    anejo 48....... i must say i do prefer the 55. or the 77 but the burn is perfect and the weather is nice.
    You had a 46?
  • Options
    aj fresh rolled torp , no problems on the batch ive got so far= imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Nice shots, jj.
    Following the Ave Maria with a MOW torp, courtesy of Dwayne.
  • Options
    1 more a af ss maduro with a dogfish head ipa 60
  • Options
    Mephisto:
    Nice shots, jj.
    Following the Ave Maria with a MOW torp, courtesy of Dwayne.
    lol, just a cell phone but works,lol , funny about my ashtray, my dad passed in 2002 and mom went into a nursing home 3 years ago and us kids split the stuff up left at the house and i grabed this ashtray, my parents never smoked and didnt like it either, i have no idea where they got it and why they even had it, lol
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    415:
    You had a 46?
    once. about 8 months ago. i do remember wanting to buy a box just never got around to it. picked up a box of 77 instead.
  • Options
    Just got half way through an Ave Maria, then accidently inhaled... No bueno
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Hey hey hey... that's my job, remember!? Sorry it burned you bro, if you aren't expecting it and actively inhaling it is one of the worse experiences while enjoying a stick. Sorry it happened to you, and hope the throat and lungs are doing better now :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Just got out of the hot tub while looking up at the clear night sky being lit up like a xmas tree with all the stars. Gorgeous night, but unfortunately not such a great cigar :( Lit up the Robusto sized EP Carillo Maduro... overpowered through the entire thing by pepper, not spice, pepper. Had some of the cocoa and chocolate that is my profile, but just every hit was met with this nasty bitter pepper that just lingered on my palate. Not giving up on EP yet since that was my first, but certainly not seeking them out right now...
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Just got out of the hot tub while looking up at the clear night sky being lit up like a xmas tree with all the stars. Gorgeous night, but unfortunately not such a great cigar :( Lit up the Robusto sized EP Carillo Maduro... overpowered through the entire thing by pepper, not spice, pepper. Had some of the cocoa and chocolate that is my profile, but just every hit was met with this nasty bitter pepper that just lingered on my palate. Not giving up on EP yet since that was my first, but certainly not seeking them out right now...
    Brett, sorry to hear about your experience. I had the Regalias size at my B&M on Saturday and thought it was very tasty, in fact, The Beard is sending me some as we speak. How much time did it have on it? I am sure that the time will take care of that pepper problem. If you have another, put it away for 6 mon ths and then revisit it.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    90+ Irishman:
    Brett, sorry to hear about your experience. I had the Regalias size at my B&M on Saturday and thought it was very tasty, in fact, The Beard is sending me some as we speak. How much time did it have on it? I am sure that the time will take care of that pepper problem. If you have another, put it away for 6 mon ths and then revisit it.
    I appreciate the concern Todd :) I picked one up from the local b&m a few days ago to try since I'd heard so much hype on them, so I would guess less than 3 months sitting at the store front. Don't have anymore since I just grabbed a few singles, so can't let one rest. Had a feeling though, that if I put one down for 6-8 months that it could be a stick that became a regular in the humi though. I'll give em another chance sometime, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for now lol -- Brett
  • Options
    I had a Diesel Unlimited tonight and the first 3/4 of an inch of the cigar I couldn't taste anything but pepper, it was overwhelming. Then I think I made out some sort of wood flavor, couldn't put my finger on it and I'm not going to cheat and read tasting notes. Then I got some more pepper towards the end but on the last bit of nub I was getting the flavor back. But man I am buzzing from that thing, is it supposed to be a ligero bomb. It was definitely an animal that I don't think I could cage it tonight.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Tonight I'm smoking in La Herencia Cubana Core that was gifted by BigT and holy smokes this thing is damn good!
    This is my first time trying it and I'm very much impressed. It's a little stick but a perfect size with loads of flavor. I'm about half way into this and the ash is still holding on strong at 2 inches. I need a cab of these!
    sorry for typos trying out new iPhones voice text
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with a Brickhouse Corona Larga what a great blend at this size (it was reminiscent of a MOWPA) and finished with a PDR Oscuro
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    GH Blue Label robusto. Satisfying, as usual.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Hey hey hey... that's my job, remember!? Sorry it burned you bro, if you aren't expecting it and actively inhaling it is one of the worse experiences while enjoying a stick. Sorry it happened to you, and hope the throat and lungs are doing better now :)
    It was definately an accident. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised It has never happened to me before. I'm good though. No harm done. Honestly wasn't digging that particular cigar anyway.