Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the kid will have plenty turds to smoke after mail delivery tomorrow,lol
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    You like to live on the edge dont ya! Oh BTW I know your Bday, Ohhh,,, Huh What!
    Smokin a Capoeira,,pretty dang good
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Cubao maduro churchy watching football pregame.
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    You like to live on the edge dont ya! Oh BTW I know your Bday, Ohhh,,, Huh What!
    Smokin a Capoeira,,pretty dang good
    youll get your turds and lunch too, this is going to be good,, lol , btw, hope you have a big po box, thats a big box o turds, lmao
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    AF Cuban Corona ... meh so so .
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Geno.. I've always had good luck with the AFCC, I mean, not WOW !!! but one I like to keep around. How are things with you lately ?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    One of my favorite house blends, cuban label...rarely disappoints.
  • Already had a Man O' War, Oliva Serie V, and a San Lotano Oval.
    It was my first time smoking the Serie V, I noticed a hint of bitterness throughout the cigar I was really not impressed with this cigar considering probably how much I've hyped it up to myself, then at the dessert end of the smoke I finally felt the ligero in it and got that good happy feeling so it was still a good experience. I didn't like the draw on it I had a torpedo, but I guess when you sandwich that between two AJs my expectations were probably too high.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Man O War Virtue. I was A little disappointed with this one. Draw problems caused issues from the start to finish. The flavors on the other hand were great.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Punch Royal Coronation isom Tubo. Forgot who gave me this, wish I could remember so I could thank them. Nice stick, had lots of years on it.
  • Cohiba red dot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smooth from the beginning to the very last nub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CAO MX2
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    Rudy how is that? I've been keeping my eye out for one since they are right up my alley being a double maduro and all. What's your thoughts?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Fired up a 5 Vegas 'AAA'...tasty stick.
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    Rudy how is that? I've been keeping my eye out for one since they are right up my alley being a double maduro and all. What's your thoughts?
    Nicely constructed stick which was firmly packed, draw was a little on the tight side, had to double puff, loved the ash, Nice and tight, Great aroma, Flavor wise it was good but pretty much one dimensional. I prefered the capoeira I smoked earlier over this stick. IMO nothing special. Hum Drum Maduro. another note it was my fourth stick of the day, so results may vary, Not sure if I have any left Think I was gifted this stick, If I find one Ill throw it in the pass,, for others to try.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    After giving up on my AJ Fresh Rolled, I just lit a Diesel Shorty. Love this 4.5 X 60 jaw breaker.
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    Nicely constructed stick which was firmly packed, draw was a little on the tight side, had to double puff, loved the ash, Nice and tight, Great aroma, Flavor wise it was good but pretty much one dimensional. I prefered the capoeira I smoked earlier over this stick. IMO nothing special. Hum Drum Maduro. another note it was my fourth stick of the day, so results may vary, Not sure if I have any left Think I was gifted this stick, If I find one Ill throw it in the pass,, for others to try.
    Thanks for the info man, really nicely laid out! Well I've yet to try a JdN so I'll pick up those before I get a MX2 based on your recommendation and I think you are probably spot on with it. You seem to have a pretty dang similar flavor profile as I do so I definitely trust your suggestions ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Duke2:
    After giving up on my AJ Fresh Rolled, I just lit a Diesel Shorty. Love this 4.5 X 60 jaw breaker.
    Shame to hear you had to give up the Fresh-Rolled, that is a stick that really sticks out to me, they were fantastic when I had them. Hopefully you have a better experience next time :)
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    BTW have you tried the Tat La Casita Criolla yet??? Had my first one this afternoon, and lets just say I'll make sure I'm never out of them from now on.
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    Thanks for the info man, really nicely laid out! Well I've yet to try a JdN so I'll pick up those before I get a MX2 based on your recommendation and I think you are probably spot on with it. You seem to have a pretty dang similar flavor profile as I do so I definitely trust your suggestions ;)
    Another thing I should of also said was that it was my first one and I usually try not to judge a stick on its first go but since you asked, I called it as I saw it..I looked and couldnt come up with another
    No worries brother, I'm still interested in trying it, but it's not as high on the list as others ya know?
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Spirit Blacks! Love that pique tobacco! Tasty when I'm getting my percolation on.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    Another thing I should of also said was that it was my first one and I usually try not to judge a stick on its first go but since you asked, I called it as I saw it..I looked and couldnt come up with another
    The MX2 is a decent stick, but I agree with Rudy, they can be a lil one dimensional. My favorite of the CAO _X2 series is the LX2. It's a lil more powerful (Ligero X2), but it is quite smooth, with a more complex flavor profile.

Brett, If you wanna try a really good CAO, grab a La Traviata. Most B&M's that carry CAO have them. The Maduro is really good, but the Natural is even better...IMO its the best thing CAO has to offer.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    when i first started smoking i had a lx2 and my head was a spinnin,lol, havent tried one since, and not sure i have any left mighta gave away in passes, mx2 i agree, i like but like yall said, kinda in thew same park as the onyx reserve i had las night kinda sorta,lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    CAO MX2
    The MX2 is a decent stick, but I agree with Rudy, they can be a lil one dimensional. My favorite of the CAO _X2 series is the LX2. It's a lil more powerful (Ligero X2), but it is quite smooth, with a more complex flavor profile.

Brett, If you wanna try a really good CAO, grab a La Traviata. Most B&M's that carry CAO have them. The Maduro is really good, but the Natural is even better...IMO its the best thing CAO has to offer.

I second what Dwayne says. The CAO La Traviata is an incredible smoke.
    jj20030:
    when i first started smoking i had a lx2 and my head was a spinnin,lol, havent tried one since, and not sure i have any left mighta gave away in passes, mx2 i agree, i like but like yall said, kinda in thew same park as the onyx reserve i had las night kinda sorta,lol
    I really dont mine one dimensional smokes when theyre in the falvor zone. I prefer the Onyx over the MX2
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    That LX2 packs a punch. It did the same thing to me when I first started venturing into the med-full stuff. Even now the big Belicoso's make my head spin a lil if I haven't eaten in a while.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Gurkha Titan, Great cigar!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Wolfman
    AF Double Chateau,,Thanks JJ