Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Had a PSD4 this afternoon, nubbed it. Now smoking an Opus X that Isaac gave me on Saturday, no idea what the vitola is, I'm enjoying it quite a bit...of the half dozen or so Opus that I've smoked this one is right up there.

Edit: the Opus appears to be the petit lancero, the tapered head threw me.
    Hey Joe, Reaching for the top shelf, PSD4 mmmmmm. I get a chill just seeing that name. 5 Vegas AAA. today. It just happened to be a blind draw on the top of the humidor I opened this morning.
    It's definitely a good cigar Kas, but if going to be perfectly honest, it has fallen way out of my top as I explore Partagas more, and of the robustos I can tell you I prefer the Ramon Allones SS.
    As you know I have some resting now, (Ramon Allones) How are they aging on your end ?
    They're coming along nicely. They were bumpy for the first month or so, but as they've acclimated so too have they smoothed out.
    Should I give one a try, or let it rest a bit longer ?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Had a PSD4 this afternoon, nubbed it. Now smoking an Opus X that Isaac gave me on Saturday, no idea what the vitola is, I'm enjoying it quite a bit...of the half dozen or so Opus that I've smoked this one is right up there.

Hey Joe, Reaching for the top shelf, PSD4 mmmmmm. I get a chill just seeing that name. 5 Vegas AAA. today. It just happened to be a blind draw on the top of the humidor I opened this morning.
    It's definitely a good cigar Kas, but if going to be perfectly honest, it has fallen way out of my top as I explore Partagas more, and of the robustos I can tell you I prefer the Ramon Allones SS.
    As you know I have some resting now, (Ramon Allones) How are they aging on your end ?
    They're coming along nicely. They were bumpy for the first month or so, but as they've acclimated so too have they smoothed out.
    Should I give one a try, or let it rest a bit longer ?
    I say light one up and see for yourself. If it's not to your liking, I've got one to replace it. Smile [:)]
  • Options
    I'm smoking THIS bad boy right now:

I think either MTucelli or The Sniper bombed me with it a while back; hope the label on the cello helps identify the perpetrator. (AB Tempus)

Anyway, stick is freaking awesome and is exceeding the already high expectations I had due to loving all things Alec Bradley so far (Prensado Robusto, Family Blend VR1) as well as the awesome resting time on this sucker.

Thanks! (you know who you are)

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Last night was a great night, enjoyed 2 cigars: A La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial No. 5 and a Man O War Corona, all while playing poker with great friends!
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a Puro autentico.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Cu-Avana Intenso, and some Berkshire Imperial Stout.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Illusione Epernay, this one was a hitchhiker in a trade I did with AJGARLETT. Thanks again for that one Tony.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Buena Vista Edicion Limitada 2008
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fired up a My Uzi Weighs a Ton

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firing up a My Father Le Bijou 1922 toro
  • Options
    Smoking Perdomo mistakes from CCOM. A really good torpedo for under $3.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    just fired up a lost city new perfecto
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    an OSA Sol thanks to Mike's mooch pachage (thanks Mtucelli!). i'll get pics up a bit later
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Tat El Triunfidor OR. Super smooth.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padilla single batch 17RC, first time trying one. Pretty good smoke plus I like a few corns in my wrapper adds character.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:

That is correct. Petite lancero is one of my favorite vitolas from the opus lines. Should of been a nice mellow smoke with half the spice due to the age (Not rest. But age.). Glad you liked it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lcpleel:
    j0z3r:

That is correct. Petite lancero is one of my favorite vitolas from the opus lines. Should of been a nice mellow smoke with half the spice due to the age (Not rest. But age.). Glad you liked it.
    This was the first Opus that actually impressed me with its strength, you are correct about it being smooth though. Thank you for that one...I still don't completely understand the overwhelming desire for the Opus X, but this one definitely showed me something I haven't seen before.
  • Options
    AF SG Cuban Belicoso
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    San Lotano Maduro with tequila, lime, and raspberry ginger ale. Good combo. Good cigar... but not as good as the SL Habano...
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Padilla Habano torpedo
  • Options
    BigT06:
    San Lotano Maduro with tequila, lime, and raspberry ginger ale. Good combo. Good cigar... but not as good as the SL Habano...
    That deal that they offered on these was awesome. I prefer the maddy
  • Options
    The Kid:
    BigT06:
    That deal that they offered on these was awesome. I prefer the maddy
    PM brother.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    D shorty
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Cu-Avana Intenso, and some Berkshire Imperial Stout.
    I followed the Intenso up with an Arganese ML3. Then got home and my neighbor was up for beers so I had a MoW Puro Authentico. Guess I wasn't up for sleeping much tonight with all that ligero!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Gran Consul
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Hoyo Excalibur churchill. Now I need a snickers.
  • Options
    Serie V liga especial in a really sweet figurado shape from the Kid.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    dbeckom:
    Just fired up a My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    So what'd you think ? Haven't smoked one yet but I've got a few resting.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first Cuban courtesy of Wes. Partagas Cuban with a glass of wine while the Mrs. and I spent some time in the hot tub. Great night and amazing stick for sure. Gonna have to try more sometime :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    had a gurkha black dragon dragon fire. i love em!