Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    romeo y julieta romeo No.1 that i picked up on sunday.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just got done with a Gurkha Centurian with the date 8-30-07 on it.

at the time i got this cigar it was one of my favorites. times have changed.

its a decent cigar but it is still plagued with many of the issues i have had with gurkha. there were burn problems, draw issues, and of course, the MSRP.

it wasnt bad, but it wasnt special, even with the age.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Padilla 68 with a good amount of time on it!
    That is one of my all time favorites. I have yet to have one with any substantial age on it (past 7-8 months). Have you had the Black Bear yet? Its the same blend with a PA Broadleaf Wrapper.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    just got done with a Gurkha Centurian with the date 8-30-07 on it.

at the time i got this cigar it was one of my favorites. times have changed.

its a decent cigar but it is still plagued with many of the issues i have had with gurkha. there were burn problems, draw issues, and of course, the MSRP.

it wasnt bad, but it wasnt special, even with the age.
    I have smoked 5 or 6 Centurians, with varying ages between a few few weeks up to 18 months. They all had decent flavor, but nearly every one of them had major construction issues.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Airbender Matatan.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Opus X. Been waiting to smoke this one for A while.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    In your honor, I will also smoke a matching Opus X. Thats great news, Brother.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Probably nothing tonight... I've been smoking more than usual lately and when I do that, my wife tends to get crabby... So it will be a smoke-free evening in the RobbyRas household
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    El Titan De Bronze..Nice Smoke!! Thanks Big T
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixin to fire up a cao la traviata Radiante , put in my humi in april and it is just great, not even halfway thru @ 7:40 since i posted this 40 mins. ago, wanted to find one of my maduros of these but this is just fine!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Enjoying a J fuego Delirium gifted to me by a fellow bork. Thanks whoever u were, this thing is yummy!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Enjoying a J fuego Delirium gifted to me by a fellow bork. Thanks whoever u were, this thing is yummy!
    cant remember it mighta been i, cause i had 5 and gave a couple out but dont remember who got them,lol, but yes they are great! > pm sent
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Congrats !!!!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a Carlos Torano Exodus ’50 Years’ ....it was ok, nothing special.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    diesel unlimited, d.6
  • Options
    5 Vegas Cask strength amazingly my first firkin vitola..Nice!! Thanks again Big T
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Just lit a Tempus maduro, my first cigar in a while.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    The Kid:
    5 Vegas Cask strength amazingly my first firkin vitola..Nice!! Thanks again Big T
    Got a few of those chilling in the humi but still pretty fresh off the truck...I need to learn or patients...must resist..lol
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami Robusto - nice stick!
    Why am I smoking on Tues, when I only smoke Fri-Sun normally?? Wife and kids gone....on a Tues night!.....rare treat....gotta have me stick!
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    just curious.......how long is "a while"?

• Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Tatuaje fausto with a Sam adams summer ale
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    KingoftheCove:
    gaberox:
    just curious.......how long is "a while"?

12 days, a very long time for me. Sadly cigar season is almost over here its getting cold fast.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf2011:
    i have a few of those with about 8 months on em. those things are strong. How did you hold up with em?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puro Authentico, just love these things.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    S.T Dupont. I know I passed a few Of these out. If you have one from me smoke it now! Damn thing is great! Wish I had more :(
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Puro Authentico, just love these things.
    F**KING LOVE that stick! Had my last one this morning for my first stick of the day... followed it up with a Don Pepin Garcia (Pretty sure I picked that up in my trade from Wes.. killer stick thanks!!!). Sad that it's the last Puro I had but man, just means now I have to call up the Beard and get more lol.... well probly should find a job first... dunno
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    kuzi16:
    lonewolf2011:
    i have a few of those with about 8 months on em. those things are strong. How did you hold up with em?

I have found them to be a little inconsistent in the strength department. All have had great flavor with variable degrees of harshness. These have all been singles purchased at different times from various local b&m's. My guess is some have rested longer than others. I have a box that I plan to hold for a year or so till I start sampling, to make the wait easier I buy a single when I get tempted to pull from my stash.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I have a Padilla 1932 Toro slowly burning in the ashtray while sipping on two fingers of Wild Turkey 101.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    not quite over this cold yet but i had to fire up a stick. 2 weeks is far too long without a smoke.

lot 23
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    My first SL Habano. Excellent cigar. I may have to find more.