Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Padilla '48...the wrapper is split at the head, the binder is intact, but I think it's giving me a funny burn and unbalancing the taste. here's hoping the cigar recovers after it burns past it
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    AB family blend robusto. Almost done with it. Very good medium to med-full.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    LHC Dos Capas
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    LHC Dos Capas
    One of my favorite cigars. Very few barber poles burn well and blend the tastes of the wrapper as well. Also reasonable to buy. I have over 30 of them and they keep getting better.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Mephisto:
    Padilla '48...the wrapper is split at the head, the binder is intact, but I think it's giving me a funny burn and unbalancing the taste. here's hoping the cigar recovers after it burns past it
    It's going to burn past the head?
    Thats extreme...

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Having a AB Maxx The Fix. Liking it so far to the half way point. Had this in the humi since March of this year.

• Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Got a nice Air Bender lance goin right now so far it's pretty tasty
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Mephisto:
    It's going to burn past the head?
    Thats extreme...

oops...I meant the foot. It's been a long day
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Marker:
    lcpleel:
    LHC Dos Capas
    One of my favorite cigars. Very few barber poles burn well and blend the tastes of the wrapper as well. Also reasonable to buy. I have over 30 of them and they keep getting better.
    I agree these do seem to be getting better with age. The first couple I smoked back in Jan. and Feb. with only a week and then a months rest had some issues. Smoked one about a month ago and it was much improved.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oliva v torpedo tonight
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Smoking an Avion right now, "Wow!" is all I have to say. It tastes like the T110, I had my doubts about "the same blend" business, but if it's not the same then it's so damn close that I can't tell the difference.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, and some Cutty Sark.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    LHC Dos Capas
    love those!
  • Options
    jj20030:
    oliva v torpedo tonight
    Love these more...
  • Options
    Marker:
    jj20030:
    oliva v torpedo tonight
    Love these more...
    last couple i had were so so, this one is awesome!
  • Options
    a graycliff turbo. these are really nice with a year and a half on them
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Camacho Corojo... damnit this is a good cigar this time of year... more so than any other.

i need more of these.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    tatuaje taa.

great looking stick. alittle soft to the touch. and the draw is really loose.( next time i think ill try a punch cut)
    as far a flavor goes strong cedar, leather, spice and a bit of coffee.

going to pick up a few more of these to put some age on them.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Another Obsidian mini corona. Definitely digging this stick. Nice spice with sweet/cocoa nuances. I have alway kept some petite coronas on hand for quick smokes (which is about all i have time for these days) and especially for quick cold weather smokes such as RP 1990s and 5 Vegas Miami. The Obsidian reminds me of a maduro version of a 5Vegas Miami which is right up my alley.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Another JdN DC for me tonight. Can't get enough!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked my first EP Carrillo, what a great stick, it really burned slowly just a little past 2 hours.
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    going back to the room to play eeny-meeny-minee-mo to figure out which one is burning tonight!
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    howtobass:
    going back to the room to play eeny-meeny-minee-mo to figure out which one is burning tonight!
    Decided on a Casa Magna Colorado.... I have a feeling this is going to be nice.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Anything if I can just make it home tonite before these fools I work with give me a damn heart-attack . Nerve wracking sum beetches !!!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fired up a Graycliff Limitada 2010 (only my 2nd stick in 8 days!)...I tossed it after the first third! I have yet to have a Graycliff that wow'd me. an I missing something?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    dbeckom:
    Fired up a Graycliff Limitada 2010 (only my 2nd stick in 8 days!)...I tossed it after the first third! I have yet to have a Graycliff that wow'd me. an I missing something?
    No, I think they are over priced for the most part. I did like the G2 Turbo and one of the limitadas. I thought the expresso and double expresso were ok, the 1666 was ok, the professional was ok and the regular G2 was ok. I haven't had any others.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    dbeckom:
    No, I think they are over priced for the most part. I did like the G2 Turbo and one of the limitadas. I thought the expresso and double expresso were ok, the 1666 was ok, the professional was ok and the regular G2 was ok. I haven't had any others.
    I've only had the one Limitada, a few of the Professional Blue Labels, and a G2 Turbo. IMO, the professional was the worst of the bunch. The G2 Turbo was not bad, and would've probably been better if I'd have let it rest a bit longer. I do want to revisit the Turbo and try the regular G2 eventually.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    fonseca 898
  • Options
    figgin to put the fire upon a oliva v 2010 maduro
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    new to the forum with only a couple posts. got a gurkha/rocky patel sampler should be here tomorrow from the cigar spring sale.

but im glad to add to this post and say for tonight i have in my hand a CAO Gold.