Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    smoking a RYJ short churchill. This is in my top 5.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Gran Habano 3 SLS Gran Robusto.

I'm 13 in to a bundle of 20 and have had burn issues with all of them. Flavor and draw is good, I just can't get through a cigar without multiple touch-ups.
  • I am about to try an Oliva Series G. Got a new sampler pack in the mail today and didn't have enough room in the humidor, can't let them go to waste
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waffles:
    I am about to try an Oliva Series G. Got a new sampler pack in the mail today and didn't have enough room in the humidor, can't let them go to waste
    just noticed the new name, are you a old forum botl or new to the forum? anyway just noticed you and welcom, if you new check out the newbie trading thread in the trades forum, jj , and btw, i love the oliva g's >http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/34/340006/ShowThread.aspx#340006
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Never tried one, started on the Oliva Series V and can't seem to get away from them. How are the G's?
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • I am new to the forum. Thanks for the welcome, and I will go check out the trade thread.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Had a GH Vintage 2002 Robusto with a few Bloody Mary's earlier.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje capa especial from Greg. Holy crap this stick is soooooo good!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Tatuaje capa especial from Greg. Holy crap this stick is soooooo good!
    Isaac, is that the 7th Capa Especial you are raving about? Greg is gooood BORK and knows how to smack some brothers around something fierce!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    My first MUWAT. So far so good.

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    lcpleel:
    Having a Padron 1926 with water before I get Ready for the morning
    is that a premium? lol
    just something that was sitting in my glovebox for about 2 weeks dryboxing it.
  • La estrella cubana...thanks to jsaint
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    MVW67:
    Never tried one, started on the Oliva Series V and can't seem to get away from them. How are the G's?
    If you have a choice, smoke the V :). I don't mind the G's but the V is 10 times better.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    camgfs:

I just got one of those. It looks great but I need to let it sit for a while before I give it a shot.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked my first Tat Reserve J21. Different than anything I have ever had. Burn and draw were great. The cigar kind of fell flat near the last inch or 2. Also had a Cain F. I didn't get the finish the cain so I cut the cherry off and packed it away. Both cigars were courtesy of Pheebs.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Marker:
    camgfs:

I just got one of those. It looks great but I need to let it sit for a while before I give it a shot.
    Yes, let it sit. The final third can be a bit harsh on these sticks and that doesn't go away for up to a year or two....that doesn't mean that it's a bad stick before that because they are really good at any time, but it will be easier to nub it with some age.

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Making it an Oliva kind of night. Smoking a 2011 V maduro, later gonna have a Series G Cameroon in a saloman.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    V is one of my favs trying Humo Jaguar first tonight, never had one yet then....who knows
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Nica Libre 1990,, this one was good
    The Kid:
    Nica Libre 1990,, this one was good
    like a cheaper padron? lol
    Guess you ate dinner,,,lol
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Liga Undercrown....yum
    The Kid:
    Guess you ate dinner,,,lol
    if budweiser select is dinner, yes,lol
    Well Yeah that qualifies,,,lol
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Had a MOW Puro Authenitico Corona.. That lil stick was great packed with flavor. Was also nice to have a quicker smoke. Only problem was I got the hiccups on a draw in and damn near killed myself.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked my first Tat Reserve J21. Different than anything I have ever had. Burn and draw were great. The cigar kind of fell flat near the last inch or 2. Also had a Cain F. I didn't get the finish the cain so I cut the cherry off and packed it away. Both cigars were courtesy of Pheebs.
    The j21's are my favorite Tat regular (I think they are) line. I do know what your talking about though, seems they do lose it near the end. Not that I'm an expert or anything but I've heard that the consistantsy on Tat's aren't as good as say fuente or padron. I should also note that I haven't had nearly the amount of tat's as say padron or fuente stuff. So it's all what I heard.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Had a MOW Puro Authenitico Corona.. That lil stick was great packed with flavor. Was also nice to have a quicker smoke. Only problem was I got the hiccups on a draw in and damn near killed myself.
    Dude, that's nuts. Right after I PM'd you my info for your contest, I grabbed a MOW PA myself and headed outside. Smoking it right now.
    next up image
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    next up image
    oooh...
    SLR maduro.
    fantastic.